• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hypothetically, Would Anime-exclusive Pokemon been a good idea?

Would Anime-Exclusive Pokemon been possible in Pokemon Universe?

• Yes

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 88.5%

• Total voters

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I watch the anime to see the Pokémon do more than they can in the games due to limitations and priorities. Adding exclusive Pokémon ruins the immersion that the anime has always excelled at. I don’t even like when they make anime exclusive forms but they’re passable since they’re still the same Pokémon

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
It's probably true that most anime exclusive Pokemon or anime exclusive forms would eventually be added to the games because of popularity like in the case of Satoshi-Gekkouga, so the writers coming up with Pokemon that are meant to be exclusive to the anime seems like a lost cause since they'd almost certainly be adapted into the games eventually.
That point so i am cool with that but there is too many Pokemon now as 807-900s )

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Those aren't anime exclusive Pokemon though the writers just knew about them ahead of time and introduced them before Gold and Silver came out. I always thought that was pointless because Gold and Silver didn't come out until like 2 years after Ho-Oh's first appearance but whatever.

List of Pokémon to debut in the anime before the games:
Ho-oh (1)
Togepi (50)
Marill (87)
Snubbull (Pikachu short before Movie 1)
Donphan (M01)
Ledyba, Elekid, Bellossom, Hoothoot (Pikachu short before Movie 2)
Slowking, Lugia (M02)
Kecleon (205)
Azurill, Wailmer (Pikachu short before Movie 4)
Wynaut (252)
Duskull, Volbeat (Pikachu short before Movie 5)
Latias, Latios (M05)
Blaziken (265)
Munchlax (AG117)
Mime Jr. (AG147)
Bonsly (AG156)
Chatot (AG184)
Weavile (AG185)
Lucario (M08)
Mantyke, Buizel, Manaphy (M09)
Electivire (AG192)
Zorua, Zoroark (M13)
Sylveon (Pikachu short before Movie 16)
Mega Mewtwo Y (M16)
Helioptile, Gogoat (BWS2Da!12)
Noivern (BWS2Da!15)
Magearna (M19)
Zygarde Cell, Zygarde Core (The Strongest Mega Evolution Act IV)
Zygarde 10% Forme (XY&Z01)
Ash-Greninja (XY&Z25)
Zygarde Complete Forme (XY&Z43)

Please let me know if there are any I've forgotten. I feel like I might have.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
No. But we can have anime-exclusive "Pokemon" like creatures like in OS that creature from Gligarman episode but Pokemon itself: no.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I still have a small hope the Kalos starters will be added on either Crown of Thundra or a third DLC.

Redstar45

No, because the anime is there to make the audience "There's a Pokémon I haven't seen and it looks awesome; I want one!"

I know I wanted to have Ash-Greninja when I saw it in action and boy I was happy to get him through that SM demo.
Problem is that now we wanted new form for all starter Pokemon like two mega evolution amd g-max for Lizardon and cap pikachu since then

HeartThrob6000

Certified Lover
I mean, there are already forms exclusive to the anime, and that already pisses me off. lol

I want my Crystal Onix, damn it!

This is a perfect example. I remember wanting a Crystal Onix and Pink Rhyhorn when they were shown in the Orange Islands.

One of my first shinies I ever obtained was a shiny Rhyhorn, and I was devastated at the fact that it wasn't pink, lol.

SerenaRulez

I mean, there are already forms exclusive to the anime, and that already pisses me off. lol

I want my Crystal Onix, damn it!

The Crystal Onix was more like a mutation of the original Onix than a different forme entirely. There was also only one of its kind unlike other Pokemon formes.

Redstar45

The Crystal Onix was more like a mutation of the original Onix than a different forme entirely. There was also only one of its kind unlike other Pokemon formes.
That could definitely not stopping games from doing a add in it as region form al al Generation 7 and 8 did with some older Pokemon but it is unlikely as not going to be happened as far too late for that now,

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
If it was Kanto, then I would be okay with it since it would clear up some of the weirdness in later gens when it comes to real animals in this universe. Now, I don't think so.

The only reason anime exclusive locations exist is to make the regions be less empty and actually inhabited by people. In addition, it gives us eye candy for set pieces like those in the movies.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The only reason anime exclusive locations exist is to make the regions be less empty and actually inhabited by people. In addition, it gives us eye candy for set pieces like those in the movies.
I thought the reason was to extend the life of the weekly format. These made-up locations get forgotten after the sunset part is done.

Redstar45

I thought the reason was to extend the life of the weekly format. These made-up locations get forgotten after the sunset part is done.
Yup but most game isle is same too hell Pokemon special manga don't really even use all of them all that much ...only add in. Because the game has em ....may as well i use them

Redstar45

I-I'm sorry, but I barely understood what you tried to say.
What i am say that is the game islands have that problem too,do you remember the seven island thing in frlg yeah that was most forgotten aspect of Kantou Region in the remixes .

Leonhart

Imagineer
U.N. Owen said:

That, and to give Satoshi and his friends more places to visit in order to stall for time between in-game locations. Otherwise they'd be stuck showing Satoshi's group in forests and mountains all the time, which would get boring.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
What i am say that is the game islands have that problem too,do you remember the seven island thing in frlg yeah that was most forgotten aspect of Kantou Region in the remixes .
Usually the game regions are based of real life regions sometimes including their landmarks and touristic attraction equivalents. I know that the Sevii Islands are based off the Tokyo Islands in which they're more known for their natural settings, which is probably why I think the developers couldn't do much for these islands that can really stand out not to mention the limited graphics and memories from the game engine at the time.

Last edited: