• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hypothetically, Would Anime-exclusive Pokemon been a good idea?

Would Anime-Exclusive Pokemon been possible in Pokemon Universe?

• Yes

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 88.5%

• Total voters

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
X/Y was basically D/P, but without the third version to completely fix and make everything better.

S/M tried to have their own Platinum, but it seriously looked like a cheap cash-grab trying the B2W2 formula but wrong.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
USUM also ran into the issue of feeling a rushed product. Just see how over the place Lusamine's character was there. They reused stuff from SM that end up clashing with how they wanted to write her for this new interation.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
USUM also ran into the issue of feeling a rushed product. Just see how over the place Lusamine's character was there. They reused stuff from SM that end up clashing with how they wanted to write her for this new interation.
Yeah but they did expand the lore of ub Pokemon better than sm did but i always hate idea of a alien Pokemon...(dexoys is cool tho)

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Am I the only one who liked USUM? lol, it def did not feel rushed to me at all, it felt like they went all out with the 3ds for pokemon, the story was mixed and not that good as SM yes but that doesnt mean it was rushed, USUM are actually my fav games tied with platinum

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I like USUM too. Gee, it's the first game where I can really custom my character so he looks like Ash :p

Also, I felt like USUM improved both PC's designs even though a part of me likes to see Ray/Ailey as being distinct characters from Elio/Selene even if that doesn't make much sense lol

Applecorp

Am I the only one who liked USUM? lol, it def did not feel rushed to me at all, it felt like they went all out with the 3ds for pokemon, the story was mixed and not that good as SM yes but that doesnt mean it was rushed, USUM are actually my fav games tied with platinum

I liked the games but I always thought the anime messed up by not introducing Rainbow Team Rocket back when they were promoting USUM's features in the last year of Sun and Moon.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
That's a negative.

In your opinion.

I've always been dissapointed you couldn't get Ash's clothes (nor Serena's 2nd outfit) on the XY games. Seems such a wasted opportunity.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind Ash's and Goh's outfits as DLC content. I'd gladly pay for them.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I liked the games but I always thought the anime messed up by not introducing Rainbow Team Rocket back when they were promoting USUM's features in the last year of Sun and Moon.
Tbh rainbow team rocket in the anime wouldn't have worked, unless it's kind of an endgame series. Imo it really didn't have a place in the anime narrative that SM was going with

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
But I like it already. Have gotten all of them on Gen 7, I'm getting them again on Gen 8 and I'll certainly get them again if that happens on Gen 9 :p

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Tbh rainbow team rocket in the anime wouldn't have worked, unless it's kind of an endgame series. Imo it really didn't have a place in the anime narrative that SM was going with

Not the entire thing, they were setting up something with Giovanni and Necrozma, yet that kind of got dropped when it did. That popping up at the league and making trouble could have been close enough.

SM was the rushed product. Our characters didn't have closure, a LOT of things were left unresolved. The Ultra Beasts were completely forgotten about in the main story and became random wild battles. We didn't have that 8th trial/ gym. The pokemon variety stank and the trials in comparison to SM were VERY underdone, where most of the bosses were either jokingly easy (Vikavolt having all physical moves) or has fake difficulty written all over it. (Wishiwashi)

There wasn't anything to do beyond the main campaign and we were railroad through it to the point we didn't have jack of agency. (Why did we have to go rescue the two people that caused Alola all sorts of problems?)

Also, Lusamine was being written as an anti villain in Ultra. (Get the idea that she was being an anti hero out of your head, there IS a difference between an anti hero and an anti villain.)

An egotistical loon that got screwed priorities in love and wanting to protect others, that took it upon herself to go after the looming threat of Necrozma in a style that only Leeroy Jenkins would understand. She turned the looming threat into an active one and caused ALL the problems we had to deal with in the main campaign. She spends the last stretches of the campaign and the post game making amends after everything blew up in her face. It just wasn't required in the main narrative for you to go around at the post game and see the process and the REAL problem with the Aether family in this story is that Ultra's story isn't about them. They are still important though, but the focus isn't on them, it's on you this time.

Since Masters is using Ultra's outcome for the Aether Family's follow up, that ought to be a good place to connect the dots.

Last edited:

Redstar45

Okay, I Thought we were talking about Anime-Exclusive Pokemon? Can we back on topic?
It is dependent on how well received from kids who is watch show

Redstar45

I Wonder if a Pokemon was first created for Pokemon Anime then it got in Pokemon Game because Popularity?
That part is what i am not so sure .

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
It didn't get dropped, it did appear in the form of matori matrix, it was just disappointing.

Nah, it stopped at the Matori Matrix and was forgotten about. Rather than continuing from that point with an annoyed Giovanni coming around to take care of things himself, capturing Necrozma and causing all kinds of trouble trying to get him under control.

Then we get an Ultra Beast Outbreak that serves as a finale to the Ultra Guardians stuff and we get a seen of Light that Burns the Sky and all the consequences that come with using that move. (You're character nearly falls over trying to use that move. Someone is going to need medical attention if they try it in say... the anime.) That could have been better than Guzzlord coming around to impersonate the people that were furious of Ash winning the Alolan League.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Nah, it stopped at the Matori Matrix and was forgotten about. Rather than continuing from that point with an annoyed Giovanni coming around to take care of things himself, capturing Necrozma and causing all kinds of trouble trying to get him under control.

Then we get an Ultra Beast Outbreak that serves as a finale to the Ultra Guardians stuff and we get a seen of Light that Burns the Sky and all the consequences that come with using that move. (You're character nearly falls over trying to use that move. Someone is going to need medical attention if they try it in say... the anime.) That could have been better than Guzzlord coming around to impersonate the people that were furious of Ash winning the Alolan League.
Giovanni sent his most trusted team to get necrozma and they failed and retreated while necrozma settled on another world. What exactly would Giovanni do? He was never part of the UB story so idk what u mean there. They didn't drop it, it was just disappointing coz it could have been more.