• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hyrule Warriors Discussion!

BCVM22

I don't know about you but I don't buy Pokémon games simply because its Pokemon. I buy for the gameplay, replay value and such, if another similar game came out, I'd look onto it as well

And why do you buy it for those reasons? Because you've associated all of those positives with the brand name.

it clearly shows that people will buy a game for just for one character

I'm not arguing differently. I'm arguing the lack of common sense to be found in complaining when this is the case. You haven't made any case for why this is a bad thing, only that you find it to be. And you still don't have any case against the quality of the games themselves. Soul Calibur II was a quality game completely independent of Link (/Heihachi/Spawn). Pokémon Conquest was a fine game in its own right. Why, I ask you, is it a problem that yes, some people might have been drawn to the crossover aspect as opposed to the games themselves? That's what you've thus far failed to provide.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Its bad because because unlike Namco, the people working on HW have a huge history of releasing shoddy, repetitive, unpolished games and using a popular franchise to draw people into playing them is wrong.

Last edited:

BCVM22

And if the game is that awful, then that will bear out. People will be skeptical, and that's fine, but let's make this discussion easier and not pretend your station is to alert the world to the dark forces of Tecmo-Koei (or Omega Force, I don't know who you're blaming here) and keep the unwashed masses from playing their "shoddy, repetitive, unpolished games" mistakenly. There is no "right and wrong" here and if there were, none of us - not you, not me - would be the arbiters of that. It's a god damned video game.

Dark Sharpedo

s tier of dopeness
This game looks beautiful. The graphics are so sharp, and the gameplay looks smooth and fluid. I am really excited to see how this does.

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
I can;t wait for this to be released. It looks amazing, and I love the Link's abilities shown so far. It looks more combat based, which I'm guessing comes from Dynasty Warriors, which I've never played.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I really love how fanboys try to twist the words of critics whenever they have an opinion that differs from their own. It's one of the reasons why I thoroughly enjoy tearing apart FFVIII and FFX. So many people try to spin my points in order to defend it, or even come up with carefully researched theories to explain the issues with the plot that I bring up (such as Squall's Dead for FFVIII, or Comatose Ash for the Pokémon Anime). It really illustrates just how low standards have become as of late. Everyone always has to be right. People simply can't handle criticism anymore.

I will however say this about Hyrule Warriors however. Some people have called it a cheap Dynasty Warriors knockoff, but we all know that's inaccurate. No, it's a really expensive Dynasty Warriors knockoff.

And that's ok, folks. It's ok to admit that it's a knockoff of Dynasty Warriors. That doesn't necessarily mean it'll be a bad game. I've seen knockoffs of popular games in the past that were actually really good games, such as Dante's Inferno and Bayonetta. So it is possible that the same will happen with this game.

Now would I rather have an actual traditional Zelda game? Oh, undeniably. But I'll give this game a shot before I post my thoughts on it.

My point is this, at least wait until it comes out before judging it.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I will however say this about Hyrule Warriors however. Some people have called it a cheap Dynasty Warriors knockoff, but we all know that's inaccurate. No, it's a really expensive Dynasty Warriors knockoff.
"Cheap" has more than one definition. It can mean inexpensive or low quality.

KillerDraco

Now would I rather have an actual traditional Zelda game? Oh, undeniably. But I'll give this game a shot before I post my thoughts on it.

Fortunately, we'll still be able to have both. We know this won't be Zelda U, and we know that game is still in the works, so it isn't as though Hyrule Warriors means we won't be getting a traditional Zelda game. We can have both, and I see this as a nice way to tide us over until Zelda U.

BCVM22

Some people have called it a cheap Dynasty Warriors knockoff, but we all know that's inaccurate. No, it's a really expensive Dynasty Warriors knockoff.

If it's being produced in collaboration with the studio(s) responsible for Dynasty Warriors, it cannot by definition actually be a "knockoff" unless you define that word very differently than most lexicons do.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
If it's being produced in collaboration with the studio(s) responsible for Dynasty Warriors, it cannot by definition actually be a "knockoff" unless you define that word very differently than most lexicons do.

You do realize that what I said there was a joke, right?

As it is, even the same team can create a knockoff of something they made previously. Don Bluth created Anastasia, which people call a Disney knockoff, despite the fact that he worked for Disney earlier in his career. Doesn't make the term less accurate.

Last edited: