• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hyrule Warriors Discussion!

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
This is the place to discuss the recently announced game, Hyrule Warriors!

It is a crossover between The Legend of Zelda and Dynasty Warriors Series!

Cannot wait, it'll definitely be a killer app!

[video=youtube;BtelgRzc3IU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtelgRzc3IU[/video]

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I looks good!

I don't think anyone could have called this though! It was what the Wii U needed- a good game that was not what we all expected (MarioKart and Super Smash Bros. 4)

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Hoping it has wifi like the OP version

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Its actually pretty terrible. Its gonna be like when people only bought Soul Caliber 2 because Link was in it and never look at the rest of the series when he's not in the next one
I don't think Link was really blended well in Soul Calibur II.

Besides wtf was up with this?

Part of Link's Profile in SCII said:
The people of Hyrule rejoiced in the belief that eternal peace would rule; but it eventually became clear that the wizard who was responsible for the disasters was in fact controlled by an evil sword from another world, Soul Edge, and that the fragments of Soul Edge had been gathering in the other world.

Zachmac

I honestly don't know how to react to this. I feel kind of...giddy. Probably because of how much it surprised me.

On one hand, it seems like a fast-paced action game, which doesn't really feel Zelda-y in at all to me. Link's attacks are usually much more simple, not flashy.

I'd be disappointed if it was the next main Zelda, but since it's not, I'm actually really excited.

Rakurai

An entire game that plays similarly to that final sequence in Skyward Sword?

I can dig that.

BCVM22

Its actually pretty terrible. Its gonna be like when people only bought Soul Caliber 2 because Link was in it and never look at the rest of the series when he's not in the next one

Are you in a position to gain/lose money if people do or don't use it as a gateway drug for Dynasty Warriors, or...?

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
It looks pretty interesting based on the gameplay, I can't wait to hear more about it.

Mr. Ribbles

Cubchoo Lover
Kind of looks like your typical hack and slash, not all that interested.

But this is beta footage, so stuff might change, I guess?

Rotom Router

Just Won't Stay Dead
I looks good!

I don't think anyone could have called this though! It was what the Wii U needed- a good game that was not what we all expected (MarioKart and Super Smash Bros. 4)

Fire Emblem x Shin Mengami Tensei (and a lesser extent, the mysterious X / Xenoblade 2) would like a word with you.

But still, more kooky crossover fun! This may be the only time we'll get rock music in a Zelda-inspired game :p
Haven't really looked into Dynasty Warriors so hopefully there's more to it than slicing through huge mobs of enemies. Although it's kinda weird how they blended styles. The world looks like OoT styled with a little TP "grittiness," Link looks like his TP self (of course...) but with a brighter palette, while the enemies have their Skyward Sword renditions ._.'

Rakurai

Haven't really looked into Dynasty Warriors so hopefully there's more to it than slicing through huge mobs of enemies.

There's not a whole lot more to it then that. You mow down hordes of enemies while capturing bases on the map by eliminating the enemy leaders.

Simple, but amusing.

From what I've seen, their cross-overs with other franchises deviated little from the basic formula, but I get the impression they might try harder to retain elements of the LoZ series gameplay in this one, seeing as they've never actually done a crossover with another game series, as far as I'm aware, just various anime/manga franchises.

Last edited:

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
I love the Zelda Series, but it isn't the only reason I am going to get it!

I quite liked the ending section of SS when you had to take on Hordes of enemies, and, although it may get a bit repetitive, it looks OK (But the Graphics do need to be Polished IMO)

KillerDraco

Even though it doesn't look like it'll be a main series title, I can't help but think Skyward Sword prequel. Mostly since the Scarf seems reminiscent of the Hero/Knight of the Goddess featured in the Skyward Sword comic at the end of Hyrule Historia.

In any event, I'd probably buy it. I do enjoy some mindless hack and slash fun. It seems like an interesting little spinoff/crossover to take at face value. Just don't expect it to be revolutionary by any means.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Never played Dynasty Warriors, but it looks more like it plays more like that than it does Zelda (on the grounds that it doesn't look too much like Zelda gameplay).

I'll maintain some cautious optimism.

BCVM22

I'm just not a fan of people buying because of brand names alone.

You're joking. What are we doing every time we buy any franchise video game?

You'd have an argument if Soul Calibur II (and Pokémon Conquest and so on) weren't quality games in their own right and were simply cashing in on crossover appeal, but that's not the case a bit.

(But the Graphics do need to be Polished IMO)

The game doesn't even have a finalized title yet. One imagines there's still a lot of work to be done and time in which to do it.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
You're joking. What are we doing every time we buy any franchise video game?
I don't know about you but I don't buy Pokémon games simply because its Pokemon. I buy for the gameplay, replay value and such, if another similar game came out, I'd look onto it as well

You'd have an argument if Soul Calibur II (and Pokémon Conquest and so on) weren't quality games in their own right and were simply cashing in on crossover appeal, but that's not the case a bit.
I don't know about Conquest, but the GCN had the lowest install base of the 6th Gen consoles, yet sold the most copies of SC2. Link is clearly the reason why, since just about every other multiplat fighting game did way better on the other consoles than GameCube.

it clearly shows that people will buy a game for just for one character