1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

I’m not feeling any of the Gen 7 Pokemon

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by Gundam78, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Gundam78

Gundam78 I’ll... I’ll GET YOU!

I’m really trying hard to like but jeez.... why does every single Pokemon looks like it was drawn by a teenage girly girl (not a sexist)

Every single gen 7 Pokémon except for a few is just too freaking cute. What were they thinking?

I really wish they go back to gen 1-4 type of styling for Pokémon.... that were actually tough and cool looking

End rant

2. Satoshi & Touko

Satoshi & Touko Glimwood Tangle is Literal Dreamland

Oh boy...

Decidueye, Incineroar, the Tapus, Solgaleo/Lunala/Necrozms, Hakamo-o, Kommo-o, Yungoos line, Vikavolt, Araquanid, Mudsdale... and probably more.

Yep. Those look like they were drawn by typical teenage girly-girls.

Sceptile Leaf Blade and Dragalge like this.
  3. Gundam78

Those Pokémon you listed were part of the exception which is the point of my rant

The rest of the line up is horrible

Case and point... Pokemon 769 and 770..... a sand castle though??? It like they’re not even trying any more

What’s next... we gonna have Gen 8 Pokémon looking like a hair brush.... evolving into a hair dryer!

Come on man.... I can’t be the only one with this opinion

I’m not a troll either... after more than 10 years away I’m getting back into Pokémon and I’m not liking the direction so far

4. Dragalge

Dragalge Arctozolt

Is Dhelmise also a part of these “exceptions”? If not your two posts and any following ones about this or related ones are automatically trash.

Although the mention of you thinking Initiation is awful already fulfills that quota!

5. Gundam78

Break it down for me

What is cool looking about Dhelmise

[​IMG]

6. SWMegaFan

SWMegaFan Well-Known Member

Please don’t tell us that you’re a Genwunner...

7. Akkipeddi

Akkipeddi The Great Seal

Generally I don't like getting involved in these rant type of threads, but I will agree here that I too really dislike gen VII Pokémon. Now I wouldn't describe them as being drawn by 'teenage girly girls', but yeah, barring a few like Rowlet, Decidueye, Tapu Koko, Naganadel, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma and Midnight Lycanroc, in general, I'm not a fan of this generation's Pokémon. There's something really unappealing about them.

Gundam78 likes this.
  8. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

I like most of the Gen 7 Pokemon including the Alolan Variants. As for Dhelmise, his ship's wheel/anchor appearance is supposed to be based on the idea of ghost ships... ALL THE MORE REASON IT NEEDS A CROSS-GEN EVOLUTION! I WANT MY GHOST SHIP POKEMON!

keepitsimple likes this.
  9. Prof. SALTY

Prof. SALTY The Scruffy Professor

Exactly what a sexist would say!

In all seriousness though, gotta disagree with ya. Out of the 80 introduced, maybe... 10ish I would describe as "girly". Most of which I'm a fan of. Also how is Dhelmise NOT awesome looking?

keepitsimple likes this.
  10. shoz999

[​IMG]
    I know right. Dhelmise is such an cool-looking Pokemon!

11. Gundam78

No... I’m new here and don’t plan on being “that guy” on the forum either.... I just have an obvious unpopular opinion that’s all

12. Yureishi

Yureishi Well-Known Member

Which Gen. VII Pokémon do you (even if barely) like/appreciate the most?
    *joins meanwhile to the belief "Dhelmise's adorable"*

13. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Well-Known Member

Well, then I'm feeling sorry for you.

14. shoz999

We all have that Generation that's our least favorite and no matter, is still very popular despite what others say.

15. Ignition

Ignition Obliterated a god with the power of friendship

I personally think Pokèmon designs from Sinnoh onward are way better than the first 3 generations (not being that hipster who hates on early gens to look cool) . I like that the Pokèmon actually feel like a part of the region’s culture unlike previous gens. Besides a few designs like Rowlet & Celesteela, I think this gens has some great designs

shoz999 and Prof. SALTY like this.
  16. PineapplePizza

PineapplePizza Well-Known Member

Gen 7 has by and large some of the worst designs. And I don't say this as a genwunner as I like a fair bit of gen 4 and 5 Pokemon, design wise.

The only gen 7 Pokemon I could get behind is Mimikyuu.

I do like some of the Aloan variant gen 1 Pokemo at least

17. Prof. SALTY

Prof. SALTY The Scruffy Professor

I mean, you're wrong but everyone is allowed to have an opinion

Ignition likes this.
  18. keepitsimple

keepitsimple Sure, sure.

okay, you do you

why does this need a thread lol

Ignition likes this.