• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I’m not feeling any of the Gen 7 Pokemon

Gundam78

I’ll... I’ll GET YOU!
I’m really trying hard to like but jeez.... why does every single Pokemon looks like it was drawn by a teenage girly girl (not a sexist)

Every single gen 7 Pokémon except for a few is just too freaking cute. What were they thinking?

I really wish they go back to gen 1-4 type of styling for Pokémon.... that were actually tough and cool looking

End rant

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Oh boy...

Decidueye, Incineroar, the Tapus, Solgaleo/Lunala/Necrozms, Hakamo-o, Kommo-o, Yungoos line, Vikavolt, Araquanid, Mudsdale... and probably more.

Yep. Those look like they were drawn by typical teenage girly-girls.

Gundam78

I’ll... I’ll GET YOU!
Those Pokémon you listed were part of the exception which is the point of my rant

The rest of the line up is horrible

Case and point... Pokemon 769 and 770..... a sand castle though??? It like they’re not even trying any more

What’s next... we gonna have Gen 8 Pokémon looking like a hair brush.... evolving into a hair dryer!

Come on man.... I can’t be the only one with this opinion

I’m not a troll either... after more than 10 years away I’m getting back into Pokémon and I’m not liking the direction so far

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Those Pokémon you listed were part of the exception which is the point of my rant

The rest of the line up is horrible

Case and point... Pokemon 769 and 770..... a sand castle though??? It like they’re not even trying any more

What’s next... we gonna have Gen 8 Pokémon liking like a brush.... evolving into a hair dryer!

Come on man.... I can’t be the only one with this opinion

I’m not a troll either... after more than 10 years away I’m getting back into Pokémon and I’m not liking the direction so far
Is Dhelmise also a part of these “exceptions”? If not your two posts and any following ones about this or related ones are automatically trash.

Although the mention of you thinking Initiation is awful already fulfills that quota!

Gundam78

I’ll... I’ll GET YOU!
Is Dhelmise also a part of these “exceptions”? If not your two posts and any following ones about this or related ones are automatically trash.

Although the mention of you thinking Initiation is awful already fulfills that quota!

Break it down for me

What is cool looking about Dhelmise

781-Dhelmise.png

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Generally I don't like getting involved in these rant type of threads, but I will agree here that I too really dislike gen VII Pokémon. Now I wouldn't describe them as being drawn by 'teenage girly girls', but yeah, barring a few like Rowlet, Decidueye, Tapu Koko, Naganadel, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma and Midnight Lycanroc, in general, I'm not a fan of this generation's Pokémon. There's something really unappealing about them.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I like most of the Gen 7 Pokemon including the Alolan Variants. As for Dhelmise, his ship's wheel/anchor appearance is supposed to be based on the idea of ghost ships... ALL THE MORE REASON IT NEEDS A CROSS-GEN EVOLUTION! I WANT MY GHOST SHIP POKEMON!

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Exactly what a sexist would say!

In all seriousness though, gotta disagree with ya. Out of the 80 introduced, maybe... 10ish I would describe as "girly". Most of which I'm a fan of. Also how is Dhelmise NOT awesome looking?
rusty_anchor_texture_001.jpg

I know right. Dhelmise is such an cool-looking Pokemon!

Yureishi

Which Gen. VII Pokémon do you (even if barely) like/appreciate the most?
Is Dhelmise also a part of these “exceptions”?
As for Dhelmise, his ship's wheel/anchor appearance is supposed to be based on the idea of ghost ships... ALL THE MORE REASON IT NEEDS A CROSS-GEN EVOLUTION! I WANT MY GHOST SHIP POKEMON!
Also how is Dhelmise NOT awesome looking?
*joins meanwhile to the belief "Dhelmise's adorable"*

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I personally think Pokèmon designs from Sinnoh onward are way better than the first 3 generations (not being that hipster who hates on early gens to look cool) . I like that the Pokèmon actually feel like a part of the region’s culture unlike previous gens. Besides a few designs like Rowlet & Celesteela, I think this gens has some great designs

PineapplePizza

Gen 7 has by and large some of the worst designs. And I don't say this as a genwunner as I like a fair bit of gen 4 and 5 Pokemon, design wise.

The only gen 7 Pokemon I could get behind is Mimikyuu.

I do like some of the Aloan variant gen 1 Pokemo at least

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
Gen 7 has by and large some of the worst designs. And I don't say this as a genwunner as I like a fair bit of gen 4 and 5 Pokemon, design wise.

The only gen 7 Pokemon I could get behind is Mimikyuu.

I do like some of the Aloan variant gen 1 Pokemo at least

I mean, you're wrong but everyone is allowed to have an opinion