• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I am a racist, sexist, terrible human being. Hi.

Rhys29

Encore
The title explains all. This is a huge change in what I usually use, you will notice I am using not only Infernape, whom I have never used in past rmts but I am using a few new other faces too. This team was built for me to expand my horizon and familiarize myself with some new faces. Enjoy.

F*ck Overviews!

The Standard Lead
260-m.png

Swampert@Leftovers
Relaxed, Torrent
252 HP/ 216 Defense/ 40 Special Defense
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
Standard lead is standard. Never really used any standard variants of Swampert so I decided to give this guy a shot since I felt like I needed a more suitable lead that can set Stealth Rock as originally I had an anti-lead Magmortar (worked well enough but needed that SR).

A huge peeve of mine is those who don't plug those last few Ev's into Sp.D on a Roar Pert. Roar sets need good defense on both sides as to take both kind of hits better as they switch up the opponent, so keep that in mind whenever you are using another Roarer. He's been working quite well, don't seem to need him to change. Painfully standard for me but I can bear with it.​

The Anti-MixApe Counter Sweeper
392-m.png

Infernape@Choice Band
Jolly, Blaze
56 HP/ 252 Attack/ 200 Speed
- Fire Punch
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- U-Turn
Infernape, as I said, is not someone I use a lot. The only sets I have run are the gimmicky but effective NeverNape and CMApe (both worked decently). This set came unto me while I was taking a look at Infernape. Realizing that between Close Combat, Stone Edge, and U-Turn Choice Band Infernape can KO the hell out of each of MixApe's standard counters. And since MixApe is by far the most common and well known variant of Infernape, it has been scoring some pretty nifty KO's.

Fire Punch 2HKO's Skarmory so I went with it > Blaze Kick/Flare Blitz. Close Combat KO's Vaporeon with ease, scoring a 2HKO on the most defensive sets. Stone Edge will always 2HKO Gyarados and Salamence, about 40% of the time it's a OHKO with SR down. U-Turn because it gives me a boner (oh, and it scores KO's on Latias and Starmie). I run enough Speed to outrun the new standard 192 Speed Infernape and anything that shoots to outrun base 100's. 56 HP gives me a little bit more bulk which has been helpful when he needs to take Bullet Punches from Sciz.​

The Draco Meteor Absorber
437.png

Bronzong@Leftovers
Sassy, Levitate
252 HP/ 88 Defense/ 168 Special Defense
- Light Screen
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
If you were to ask me my opinion on the new Draco Meteor fetish the metagame seems to have adopted I would tell you that I hate it with a burning passion. Every team I face now seems to have one sorry sap that will always switch in and bomb me with Draco Meteor. Well no more. I haven't used Bronzong in a bit and he's been doing pretty dang well since I started using him again.

Light Screen helps for my whole team, usually I bring him in before whipping out mah babeh and goin for a sweep to help set up. Toxic is an interesting choice, but the reason I chose it is because I have found that a lot of common switch ins to Bronzong such as Suicune, Gyarados, and Infernape do not enjoy switching into a Toxic. Not to mention MixApe who thinks Fire Blast will punch a hole right through this guy. Earthquake for anti-ScarfZoneness and taking down Infernapes and such that switch in. Gyro Ball for Scarfed Flygon who this guy deals with incredibly well and other fast special based sweepers.​

Physical Sponge
479-l.png

Rotom-c@Leftovers
Bold, Levitate
252 HP/ 160 Defense/ 40 Special Attack/ 56 Speed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Reflect
- Discharge
- Leaf Storm
If you remember one of my older teams you'll remember this guy. On any team I need to take down spinners and absorb special hits this set is the first one I look at. Created by mwah of course, basically maximizing his Defense so very few things cause him problems without scoring SE hits on him. A lot of my past teams have excluded using Grass attacks simply for Swampert but this team I took the effort to make sure he's under control.

Great for taking down bulky Waters, though he does it more effectively with Rest/Talking. However I am a much bigger fan of the combination of moves I have on him, I believe was given to me from way back when by Kingdrom or Salavoir... can't remember. Anyways, works incredibly well, making Scizor's Pursuit deal less than 20% iirc when I stay in to crush it. Enough Speed to outrun Adamant Tyranitar and WoW it before it can deal some massive damage. I run 40 Sp.A to assure a OHKO on bulky Gyarados with Discharge but I may redesignate those to Sp.D.​

The Rapid Spin Support
073-m.png

Tentacruel@Leftovers
Bold, Liquid Ooze
252 HP/ 76 Defense/ 180 Special Defense
- Haze
- Surf
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
Not really so sure about Tentacruel as Tentacruel never really works for me however he's been doing decently as of late. Kind of a strange set but it fits what I need him to do decently enough so I slapped him on the team. Rapid Spin is for obvious reasons: I don't like Stealth Rock. Haze seems weird but has paid off against enemies such as CM Cune and even Sub/SD users. I am also quite paranoid about Ingrain BP teams and so Haze makes them all useless. Ice Beam for idk reasons.

The set is kind of strange but basically I need it as a secondary special sponge. As I said Tentacruel always seems to fall short but does decent enough that I don't have a problem keeping him. If anyone can find a suitable replacement, maybe Starmie, that would be fine.​

The Bulky Sweeper
212-m.png

Scizor@Leftovers
Adamant, Technician
252 HP/ 184 Attack/ 72 Speed
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Brick Break
The most reliable late game/anytime sweeper I've ever had. Takes hits well, powers itself up and tanks through teams quick. Works as a rough check for tons of threats as well so it has dual usage. Little to explain, basically ran enough speed to take down lead Metagross since it tends to come back in and attempt an Explosion so I take it out with a +2 Brick Break. Enough attack, plenty of bulk, he works wonders.​

That's the team. Rate, flame, spam, idc.

Lucario_Guy

Diety of Technology
Mah rate!

Rhys, it's always fun to rate your teams. :) Comments will be white.
The title explains all. This is a huge change in what I usually use, you will notice I am using not only Infernape, whom I have never used in past rmts but I am using a few new other faces too. This team was built for me to expand my horizon and familiarize myself with some new faces. Enjoy.

F*ck Overviews!
Nice.
The Standard Lead
260-m.png

Swampert@Leftovers
Relaxed, Torrent
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
Standard lead is standard. Never really used any standard variants of Swampert so I decided to give this guy a shot since I felt like I needed a more suitable lead that can set Stealth Rock as originally I had an anti-lead Magmortar (worked well enough but needed that SR).

A huge peeve of mine is those who don't plug those last few Ev's into Sp.D on a Roar Pert. Roar sets need good defense on both sides as to take both kind of hits better as they switch up the opponent, so keep that in mind whenever you are using another Roarer. He's been working quite well, don't seem to need him to change. Painfully standard for me but I can bear with it.​
Perfect the way it is.

392-m.png

Infernape@Choice Band
Jolly, Blaze
- Fire Punch
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- U-Turn
Infernape, as I said, is not someone I use a lot. The only sets I have run are the gimmicky but effective NeverNape and CMApe (both worked decently). This set came unto me while I was taking a look at Infernape. Realizing that between Close Combat, Stone Edge, and U-Turn Choice Band Infernape can KO the hell out of each of MixApe's standard counters. And since MixApe is by far the most common and well known variant of Infernape, it has been scoring some pretty nifty KO's.

Fire Punch 2HKO's Skarmory so I went with it > Blaze Kick/Flare Blitz. Close Combat KO's Vaporeon with ease, scoring a 2HKO on the most defensive sets. Stone Edge will always 2HKO Gyarados and Salamence, about 40% of the time it's a OHKO with SR down. U-Turn because it gives me a boner (oh, and it scores KO's on Latias and Starmie). I run enough Speed to outrun the new standard 192 Speed Infernape and anything that shoots to outrun base 100's. 56 HP gives me a little bit more bulk which has been helpful when he needs to take Bullet Punches from Sciz.​
Again, no arguments here.

437.png

Bronzong@Leftovers
Sassy, Levitate
- Light Screen
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
If you were to ask me my opinion on the new Draco Meteor fetish the metagame seems to have adopted I would tell you that I hate it with a burning passion. Every team I face now seems to have one sorry sap that will always switch in and bomb me with Draco Meteor. Well no more. I haven't used Bronzong in a bit and he's been doing pretty dang well since I started using him again.

Light Screen helps for my whole team, usually I bring him in before whipping out mah babeh and goin for a sweep to help set up. Toxic is an interesting choice, but the reason I chose it is because I have found that a lot of common switch ins to Bronzong such as Suicune, Gyarados, and Infernape do not enjoy switching into a Toxic. Not to mention MixApe who thinks Fire Blast will punch a hole right through this guy. Earthquake for anti-ScarfZoneness and taking down Infernapes and such that switch in. Gyro Ball for Scarfed Flygon who this guy deals with incredibly well and other fast special based sweepers.​
Interesting choice, I personally haven't used a Bronzong in ages.

Physical Sponge
479-l.png

Rotom-c@Leftovers
Bold, Levitate
- Will-O-Wisp
- Reflect
- Discharge
- Leaf Storm
If you remember one of my older teams you'll remember this guy. On any team I need to take down spinners and absorb special hits this set is the first one I look at. Created by mwah of course, basically maximizing his Defense so very few things cause him problems without scoring SE hits on him. A lot of my past teams have excluded using Grass attacks simply for Swampert but this team I took the effort to make sure he's under control.

Great for taking down bulky Waters, though he does it more effectively with Rest/Talking. However I am a much bigger fan of the combination of moves I have on him, I believe was given to me from way back when by Kingdrom or Salavoir... can't remember. Anyways, works incredibly well, making Scizor's Pursuit deal less than 20% iirc when I stay in to crush it. Enough Speed to outrun Adamant Tyranitar and WoW it before it can deal some massive damage. I run 40 Sp.A to assure a OHKO on bulky Gyarados with Discharge but I may redesignate those to Sp.D.​
Wow, either this team's flawless (not in a million years), or I'm just saying nice things 'bout it! =D

The Rapid Spin Support
073-m.png

Tentacruel@Leftovers
Bold, Liquid Ooze
- Haze
- Surf
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
Not really so sure about Tentacruel as Tentacruel never really works for me however he's been doing decently as of late. Kind of a strange set but it fits what I need him to do decently enough so I slapped him on the team. Rapid Spin is for obvious reasons: I don't like Stealth Rock. Haze seems weird but has paid off against enemies such as CM Cune and even Sub/SD users. I am also quite paranoid about Ingrain BP teams and so Haze makes them all useless. Ice Beam for idk reasons.

The set is kind of strange but basically I need it as a secondary special sponge. As I said Tentacruel always seems to fall short but does decent enough that I don't have a problem keeping him. If anyone can find a suitable replacement, maybe Starmie, that would be fine.​
Just one question, why does this have a Bold Nature? Tentacruel usually have Calm natures. If Tenta does fail too often, Starmie would be an awsome replacement.

The Bulky Sweeper
212-m.png

Scizor@Leftovers
Adamant, Technician
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Brick Break
The most reliable late game/anytime sweeper I've ever had. Takes hits well, powers itself up and tanks through teams quick. Works as a rough check for tons of threats as well so it has dual usage. Little to explain, basically ran enough speed to take down lead Metagross since it tends to come back in and attempt an Explosion so I take it out with a +2 Brick Break. Enough attack, plenty of bulk, he works wonders.​
I see you have max HP for Leftys recovery, but remember, you'll be SR weak. I like the bulkiness of this set.

That's mah rate! :D I know, crappy. I'll test your team and get some more insight on its weaknesses.

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
Ok Rhys lets see what I can muster up to say here. Changes will be in silver

F*ck Overviews!

The Standard Lead
260-m.png

Swampert@Leftovers
Relaxed, Torrent
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam

Standard set is standard.Really wanted to see that Magmortar.

392-m.png

Infernape@Choice Band
Jolly, Blaze
- Fire Punch
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- U-Turn

Intresting set but if you ran Adamant would you score some more OHKO's?

437.png

Bronzong@Leftovers
Sassy, Levitate
- Light Screen
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball

Nice setup guy. But what if you gave him SR and made the Swampert Magmortar like you planned?

Physical Sponge
479-l.png

Rotom-c@Leftovers
Bold, Levitate
- Will-O-Wisp
- Reflect
- Discharge
- Leaf Storm

Nice set good for taking down Bulky Waters which I personally hate.

The Rapid Spin Support
073-m.png

Tentacruel@Leftovers
Bold, Liquid Ooze
- Haze
- Surf
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam

Hmm I would say Starmie but you said you need another Special wall so idk about Starmie.

The Bulky Sweeper
212-m.png

Scizor@Leftovers
Adamant, Technician
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Brick Break

Well not much to say here I guess this is why I got you those stats huh?

Ok I like your attitude towards things.

Nice team no glaring weakness that I could see maybe someone better could see any flaws good luck with this team.

calum

Banned
Just one question, why does this have a Bold Nature? Tentacruel usually have Calm natures. If Tenta does fail too often, Starmie would be an awsome replacement.

To help it take MixApe.

Now, generally I see a large Lucario weakness, who OHKOes both Swampert and Zong after an SD. The immediate option is to run Mach Punch on Infernape which will OHKO Lucario no matter what. This would mean you would have to take out another move which I do not suggest.

Tentacruel also looks like he isnt doing too much, so I would give him the boot. You could then replace Tentacruel with a Lucario counter, as well as something to fix your Heracross problems. This pokemon is Nidoqueen.

Nidoqueen @ Leftovers
Bold
Poison Point

EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 12 Spe / Rest Filler (I like them in SPAtk to help Queen OHKO Careful Forry)

Fire Blast
Earthpower
Toxic Spikes / Aerial Ace
Roar / SR / Taunt

The EVs are for Lefties, Jump point and for outrunning No Speed Heatran ( ResTalk versions ) and Skarm by two points, so anything trying to outrun Skarm. I believe you could work with a ResTalk set, as you currently lack one. If that is th case, Fire Blast and Earthpower work. Fyi CB Heracross can almost never 3HKO this thing with CC. Nidoqueen can also deal back a 2HKO with Fire Blast. Fire Blast over Flamethrower or else you fail to OHKO standard CBScizor. This thing also absorbs Toxic Spikes, so your only issue is Spikes, which does hurt a bit of your team. But once again this can switch into Forry and Skarm, two common spikers, outrun and OHKO / 2HKO respectively, the coolest thing is they wont see it coming.

Rest of team looks good, though I have already talked to you, but I think Infernape wants those extra speed EVs.\

EDIT: That does give you a large MixApe weakness, though MixApe cant really switch into any of your team.

Last edited:

Rhys29

Encore
Roost Sciz isn't SR weak. And I max HP because I know it's the right investment so I take hits on both sides easier, though I may take a shot at bulking up his special side so I can set up on Starmie and the like easier.

Fine, here's the Magmortar I was running:
467-m.png

Magmortar@Focus Sash
Rash, Flame Body
12 Attack/ 252 Special Attack/ 240 Speed
- Taunt/Hidden Power {Grass}
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Mach Punch
Discovered it, tested it, works just fine. Like Sharpedophile except it can hit harder. Unfortunately walled by Pert without HP-Grass.

Perhaps I can swap out my Tentacruel for Blastoise... or even this Starmie since I don't have to worry about Gyarados so I can dump into Special Defense. Let's try...
121.png

Starmie@Leftovers
Timid, Natural Cure
172 HP/ 136 Special Defense/ 200 Speed
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
Something along those lines might be nice, though I do indeed lose my Haze support which is why I was taking a look at Blastoise. Thoughts?

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I'd run the Magmotar personally.

If its only walled by Pert, then i'd give it a shot.

Other than this i see nothing wrong.

calum

Banned
Still SDCario weak

randomspot555

Roost Sciz isn't SR weak. And I max HP because I know it's the right investment so I take hits on both sides easier, though I may take a shot at bulking up his special side so I can set up on Starmie and the like easier.

Really without X-Scissor, how wise would it be to stay in on Starmie with Brick Break and Bullet Punch being the two main attacks. How many SD would be needed before you can get a 2hko on Starmie?

The mags set is interesting enough because you might get Aerodactyl and co to come out and attack it rather than set up SR and then you 2hko with T-bolt and then priority Mach Punch. Maybe when Swampert isn't so prominent as a lead.

Perhaps I can swap out my Tentacruel for Blastoise... or even this Starmie since I don't have to worry about Gyarados so I can dump into Special Defense. Let's try...

I've always wanted to try Blastoise in OU for spinning. I mean, they've all got their advantages and disadvantages. And so this won't turn into a rambling post, I'll just concentrate on their defenses with the role as spinning.

Blastoise: Incredibly average stats all around. Like most starters has an amazing movepool but really can't do any ONE thing extremely well. Due to that, I think Spinning and Rest Talk would work best. 4th slot can be filled by Roar, Yawn, STAB Surf/whatever, etc...

Starmie: Relatively poor to average defensive stats and a typing that screws it over with weaknesses, but really good sp atk and speed and Natural Cure. The standard spinning set usually works just fine, but it bugs the hell out of me that people slap Recover on there even though I've never found it all that useful.

Tentacruel: Decent defenses and great special defense. Spinning can be further complimented by use of Knock Off, Toxic Spikes and a bunch of other stuff. Immune to Toxic, won't really mind Will O Wisp (if it hits).

Overall, with about 10 minutes of thought, if spinning is the goal, Blastoise and Tentacruel do it very well. Want a status absorber that spins? Blastoise and Rest Talk with 4th slot random move of choice. Team support and special wall that spins? Tentacruel is your man/gal.

Your team is overall solid, so I doubt my full rate will do much, so I'll just quote the parts necessary.

*Oh and the Starmie set looks fine, though I just wouldn't count on it surviving long. As long as you aren't encountering teams with a backup stealth rocker, it could be fine*

392-m.png

Infernape@Choice Band
Jolly, Blaze
- Fire Punch
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- U-Turn

Thank god someone is using U-Turn on Infernape.

Fire Punch is a fine option. Unless you're determined to kill off your Choice Bander, you don't need to use Flare Blitz.
I think your team is already very well prepared to take special hits. Is Light Screen really necessary? How about Reflect?
With no special attack EVs on Tentacruel, how useful will Ice Beam REALLY be? Knock Off so that whatever counter they have to it at least loses their item.

Roost Scizor is awesome, though I prefer to use Roost-Sub combo rather than SD-Roost, kind of a check on status.

How is your team handling status, BTW? From the likes of Breloom, random Toxic users, etc...?

I really like the Bronzong idea. Kinda reminds me of one I used a while ago, only with SpD>Def (mine was more suited to taking random Outrages). Though lack of recovery might hurt him in the long run that is really bordering on the "If x is gone then you are weak to y" arguement.

SDCario can be an issue as Calum said, though Rotom can easily get a WoW in or Reflect.

I haven't run the calcs but I don't think anyone can truely safely switch into CBTar. Pert would be 3HKOed by Crunch, and can only 2HKO back, so loses on the switch. Scizor can't really take a Stone Edge. But playing it around you shouldn't have too much of an issue, it might be something to look out for.

Shed Shell>Leftovers on Scizor? Maybe? It would suck to lose your SD's but it'd be better than losing your main sweeper.

Hayabusa

Bona fide Narutard.
Modest Heatran@Choice Scarf w/ HP Grass/Fire Blast/Earth Power will maim 2/3 of your team if Light Screen isn't setup right away. Proof:

Assuming Light Screen is not active, Heatran's Fire Blast does 87%-103.55% to your Bronzong after Stealth Rock is factored in (not sure why you'd switch that into Heatran, but there you go). HP Grass does the same amount of damage to your Swampert.

It also obviously OHKO's Scizor with Fire Blast, and OHKO's Infernape with Earth Power (53% to OHKO here, 100% OHKO with Stealth Rock factored in).

Fire Blast 2HKO's Rotom-C (but only 33-39% per Fire Blast with Light Screen up). Earth Power has a 60% chance to 2HKO Tentacruel, and a 0% to 2HKO with Stealth Rock gone thanks to Rapid Spin.

So basically, because Heatran is faster than you, your only real shot at countering this Heatran is Tentacruel and the continued use of Light Screen. If this was all TL: DR for you, just add Light Clay on Bronzong to keep LS up, and maybe even invest in more SP Def on your Tentacruel.

EDIT: numbers given came from this damage calculator: http://ownpurpose.com/libelldra/damage_calculator.html if you cared.

NewAge

Hi I'm new to Serebii so please don't ignore this suggestion. This is a good team but I noticed something that no one else has picked up on Magnezone (a steel killer) could cause a problem to Scizor and Bronzong if your Infrernape is already. Sure your Bronzong (my favourite Poke) has EQ to deal with it but it could easily just use Magnet Rise and cause a big problem for your Zong even with LS.

Its just something I've noticed but I could be wrong and mainly applies to Scizor.

Hi I'm new to Serebii so please don't ignore this suggestion. This is a good team but I noticed something that no one else has picked up on Magnezone (a steel killer) could cause a problem to Scizor and Bronzong if your Infrernape is already. Sure your Bronzong (my favourite Poke) has EQ to deal with it but it could easily just use Magnet Rise and cause a big problem for your Zong even with LS.

Its just something I've noticed but I could be wrong and mainly applies to Scizor.

Well, you're pretty much just making the if x is gone then y is weak argument, which isn't valid.

NewAge

Sorry about that just trying to help but atleast you told me.

Rhys29

Encore
There are two reasons I bring in Zong before I bring in Scizor.
1) Checks for Magnezone.
2) Sets up a Screen so Magnezone will get OHKO'd while Sciz will not.

A Choice set can never really sweep my team without thorough softening. If Heatran is using a move, then do I not have something that can get past it? Scarfed Fire Blast doesn't even 4HKO my Tentacruel last time I checked, Earth Power is completely avoided by Rotom and Bronzong, and the only poke on my team that is relatively threatened by HP-Grass is Swampert which Heatran will have a hard time switching in on. Really not a threat since it's so easy to predict and play around. A don't even try the 'what if you mispredict' crap.

Luke is always an issue for all my teams. However I find bringing in Rotom when they have atleast 2 pokes left and throwing up a Reflect has completely crippled Lukes in the past since they can't really do anything. Not to mention it really has limited options in terms of setting up on basically everything other than my Infernape using Stone Edge. Tentacruel can Haze and Pert can Roar it away if it tries to set up on them. Still looking into a full out check/counter for it however. Jolly Ice Punch sets are dealt with but I find them far less deadly.

Hayabusa

Bona fide Narutard.
All I was saying was that save for Bronzong's EQ, LS and Tentacruel, Heatran DOES have a way to get past you. That's all. Of course, given it's a choice set, it will be easy to predict, assuming you're not retarded. Light Clay will help you immensely if Bronzong goes down; having those extra 3 turns of protection will help you more than you think.

Rhys29

Encore
If I were dual screening then yes I would indeed run Light Clay. However, as long as I stick with Toxic I will be needing Leftovers to help him stall down opponents such as Salamence and Gyarados etc. That little bit of recovery goes a long way for Zong.

Hayabusa

Bona fide Narutard.
Yep, Leftovers + Toxic... Fair enough.

Regarding your Tentacruel's EVs, Smogon says it needs more to do what it needs to,

"The given EVs allow Tentacruel to counter some of the more threatening sweepers in OU. Max HP with the 120 EVs invested in Defense ensure that standard Infernape's Close Combat is always a 3HKO. Swords Dance variants can only amount to a 2HKO, which means Tentacruel can switch in, take a Close Combat, and then Surf for the KO. The Calm nature and Special Defense EVs make sure that a Choice Scarf Heatran will never 2HKO Tentacruel."

So, just curious (not meant to be sarcastic), what are the 76 defense EVs doing on Tentacruel?

Side note, Scizor should be careful of Rotom-H now that Pursuit/Night Slash is not there. In addition to countering this Scizor well with Overheat, resistance to Bullet Punch and immunity to brick break, it can absorb Tentacruel's Rapid Spin while hitting Cruel with a STAB T-Bolt. Infernape also won't take Will O Wisp well, with its small amount of HP/halving its attack. Just something to think about.

Anyway, good team. Don't worry about my rates btw, not trying to nitpick or anything. It's just fun trying to find counters to seemingly complete teams like this one- a puzzle for me during my boredom basically.

calum

Banned
"The given EVs allow Tentacruel to counter some of the more threatening sweepers in OU. Max HP with the 120 EVs invested in Defense ensure that standard Infernape's Close Combat is always a 3HKO. Swords Dance variants can only amount to a 2HKO, which means Tentacruel can switch in, take a Close Combat, and then Surf for the KO. The Calm nature and Special Defense EVs make sure that a Choice Scarf Heatran will never 2HKO Tentacruel."

So, just curious (not meant to be sarcastic), what are the 76 defense EVs doing on Tentacruel?

You fail to realise his Tentas nature is bold, not calm