• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I am back

Status
Not open for further replies.
INTRODUCTION:

I AM BACK!
Here's an RMT i made cause i got bored a long time ago. I originally tried to do a Semi-Stall Hail team, but decided to try a Dual Weather Semi-Stall Team just because I really like the combo of Abomasnow and Tyranitar and wanted to try out semi-stall. The two also are great pokemon for Semi-Stall as they both give residual damage, which can be very helpful.
============================================

THE TEAM:

460.gif

Abomasnow (F) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 216 Atk / 164 SAtk / 128 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Ice Shard
- Protect
- Wood Hammer
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Part one of the Dual-Weather team. I've really grown to love the Expert Belt set as it can really surprise KO so many things such as Politoed, Scizor, Tyranitar, Ferrothorn, and many more. The moveset is pretty self-explanatory and so are the EVs. Running just enough speed to outspeed EVs to beat 252 HP | 216 Def | 40 Spd Skarmory so i can 2HKO and Standard Jellicent.

472.gif

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Protect​

SubToxic + Protect Gliscor, probably my favorite pokemon on this team.Such an annoying pokemon to play against, but yet is so fun to use. Once things such as Skarmory, Gengar, and Bronzong are gone, it can pretty much clean up the whole game from there. Again, the Moveset is self-explanatory. I decided to use a set very similar to Delko's set as i needed something else to beat Heatran and Lucario.

485.gif

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SDef / 40 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Roar​

Specially defensive Heatran is a brilliant pokemon in general at the moment, as it just works beautifully against so many of the pokemon that give this team trouble, as well as being an incredible answer to any sun team that doesn’t have a Dugtrio. With the amount of switches Heatran can force along with Roar, it can be incredibly difficult to play against, and makes postponing the likes of Ferrothorn and Forretress getting hazards up for as long as possible much easier. Decided to use Ojama's set as the 40 speed evs let it outspeed Bulk Up Breeloom as it is quite a threat to this team.

593.gif

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

My spinblocker and answer to many physical sweepers is the main reason why i have him on this team. Jellicent is such a great pokemon and fits perfectly onto this team. The reason why there's so many speed evs is so it can outspeed standard Politoed, taunt it, and either Scald or Will-O-Wisp the predicted switch.

073.gif

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Substitute

The spinner. What semi-stall team doesn't have one? It was originally a Toxic Spikes set, but I asked Honusto take a look at my team just for the hell of it and told me that Sub-Toxic is much better as it beats most forms of rain. So, I decided to give it a shot and it worked perfectly.

248.gif

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Rock Slide

Part two of the Dual-Weather team. Choice Scarf Tyranitar is just such a great pokemon and is probably one of my favorites this Gen. The main reason why I decided to use this guy is so it can KO things that are very troublesome for my team such as Starmie, Gengar, Non-Bullet Punch Lucario, and Non-Scarf Terrakion.

Conclusion:

This team is pretty decent and good if you know how to use it :). I would also like to say that I peaked #1 on Smogon's OU Ladder as "Solar Prominence" before the ladder reset, but forgot to get a screenie, sorry :(

Would also like to thank BESTGAMEPEARL for being an awesome tutor :)

Threatlist:

This team is horribly weak to Life Orb Alakazam or Focus Sash Alakazam and Bulk Up Breloom. That's all I can think of :(

Last edited:

Cometk

west side
very week to life orb alakzam in addition as well focus sash alakazam. try darkrai it can help good luck ! :)

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
BU loom, Renk, and Sash Zam are all really deadly. Put a jirachi in there somewhere, possibly over Aboma.

O and cometk is dumb darkrai is banned, use a Giratina instead

wow u guys r both dumb... Darkrai and Giratina are both banned :(

oh yeah! Reuniclus is a pretty horrible threat to this team too :( might try jirachi over something!

TerraWolf

Banned
This is a Sand team with an Aboma thrown on there. I'd say do what DU says and put a Jirachi on there. Or you could use a Double Dance Terrak. Otherwise a great Sand team

coolminun

Banned
You have 4 pokes weak to Mamoswine. Earthquake from heavy hit pokes rapes this team and Mamo's ice shards are gonna hurt like a mofo on gliscor

Ísjaki

Flood Of Red
well after a well played dugtrio wipes out ttar and heatran a jynx is free to destroy this team. To fix this i would suggest excadrill > abomasnow since jynx can't do **** to exca and without the snow jynx will take damage from sand every turn. Another idea would be cofagrigus > jelli since it has superior defense, haze to stop set up sweepers, and uses shadow ball which can stop the jynx i mentioned earlier.
Weird thing though, i could have sworn you had a different team when i battled you on the ladder as solar prominence :/ must be all the drugs i've been doing.

umm...i think they were being facetious. yeah, big word, look it up.

uhm please make a rate. don't spam my rmt please!

well after a well played dugtrio wipes out ttar and heatran a jynx is free to destroy this team. To fix this i would suggest excadrill > abomasnow since jynx can't do **** to exca and without the snow jynx will take damage from sand every turn. Another idea would be cofagrigus > jelli since it has superior defense, haze to stop set up sweepers, and uses shadow ball which can stop the jynx i mentioned earlier.
Weird thing though, i could have sworn you had a different team when i battled you on the ladder as solar prominence :/ must be all the drugs i've been doing.

Yeah Jynx sucks too sorry. and Excadrill is banned. You, Dragonuser, and Cometk are all pretty dumb but i still love you three <3

No. I used this one occasionally!

Last edited:

Ísjaki

Flood Of Red
if you ignore all these awesome rates comet, du, and I are giving you your team will never get better .-.

AlexandriaTheMixed

You A Stupid Hoe.
Maybe try EQ > Protect on Abamosnow so it is no longer walled by Fire or Steel types. I don't really see what Protect is doing for it anyway.

AlexandriaTheMixed

You A Stupid Hoe.
Protect scouts CB Scizor so i know if I'm safe to HP Fire or not. It also lets the opponent take an extra 6% of damage if they aren't holding leftovers which is always good

I guess but wouldn't hitting Heatran and Jirachi be better? Considering Gliscor can handle Scizor by itself hands down. I mean, the only thing an Abamosnow would want to stay in on would be Pursuit or Quick Attack. And why would it want to do that?

Yellow De Viridian Grove

I guess but wouldn't hitting Heatran and Jirachi be better? Considering Gliscor can handle Scizor by itself hands down. I mean, the only thing an Abamosnow would want to stay in on would be Pursuit or Quick Attack. And why would it want to do that?

Or U-Turn. Which is the point. U-Turn is such a common and attack for it to use and the only down fall of Protect is that is can use Swords Dance, but SD has went down in usage.

AlexandriaTheMixed

You A Stupid Hoe.
Or U-Turn. Which is the point. U-Turn is such a common and attack for it to use and the only down fall of Protect is that is can use Swords Dance, but SD has went down in usage.

Why would it stay in on a U-turn though? U-turn is super effective, and Scizor is powerful as hell. It would easily OHKO.

AlexandriaTheMixed

You A Stupid Hoe.
That Abomasnow set outspeed CB Scizor. So HP Fire would OHKO if it uses any other attack except Bullet Punch

Ah. Okay. Watch out for Jolly Scizor. And Bulky Scizor. You can never tell what it is until it uses a move.

Cosmic Potato

Sexy Trainer
Subtoxic tentacruel is crap without rain
Conkeldurr
CB stone edge- tyranitar/terrakion
Reuniclus
Dug trio sun teams
Etc.

AlexandriaTheMixed

You A Stupid Hoe.
Subtoxic Tentacruel does lose it's edge without Rain Dish support.

However, CP, you could give him ways to fix the problems he has instead of coming in, telling him everything he has wrong, and not giving him anything to work with at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.