• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I Am Back

Tepig Pignite Emboar 969

Hello. It has been almost three years since I was last on the forums and I wanted to see how much has changed. There are a few questions I want to ask.

1. Does anybody here remember me? I believe I was the most loyal fan of Generation 5 pokemon and the Tepig evolution line, insulting anyone who didn't like either Gen 5 or the Tepig line. I got into fights because no one else seemed to defend Generation 5 and the Tepig line like I did.

2. Speaking of Generation 5 and the Tepig line, are they still hated a lot? I left the forums for a while because I was sick and tired how people kept on hating on the whole 5th generation and the Tepig evolution line.

3. Ever since the new generation 8 starters were revealed I saw a lot of people hate them. It gave me flashbacks of how the 5th Gen starters were hated. I don't want the same thing happening all over again. What do I do so that it doesn't happen again? What do I say to people who don't like them? I just don't want to insult people again.

I am also sorry to the people I insulted who didn't like my fan fiction. I should have just make it better. However, I will not be continuing my fan fiction.

I don't care what anyone says, I will choose Scorbunny because I always choose the fire ones.

Also, I won't be here as often as I was before. In fact I came back just to check how things have changed.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
SALUUUUUTATIONS! Let's see...
1. I've never met you but you should be grateful to know that Gen 5 is as beloved as any Pokemon generation! Also you like Tepig too! That's awesome!
2. Nope. That's just some hate trend going on where people hate the new generations. There are people who understandably don't like Gen 5 but very few people hate the region nowadays. However according to the polls, Tepig is still the least-favorite unfortunately.
3. Really? I've seen a lot of people love them, quite a handful declaring that these are the best starters since Gen 4.

Huh... it just occurred to me? Why did you posted this in the General Pokemon Discussion thread? Is the new Serebii.net a bit unfamiliar?

Last edited:

Orphalesion

No I don't remember you, but I generally mostly participate here when a new generation arrives, or when there's rumours of a new gen, so there's many parts of the forum I never touch.

And well, I personally like Gen 5 (I don't like Pignite, but I love Gen 5 as a whole) and some others do as well, others don't like it. I'd give the advise to try to not put so much importance whether other people like or dislike the things you like/dislike. Me not liking Pignite doesn't hurt you one bit, for example, I'm just some weirdo living in the bush, what does my opinion even matter?
Likewise me not being all that impressed by the Gen 8 starters right now doesn't hurt you either, and there's nothing you can do so "that it doesn't happen again", since there's not really a way to change someone else's taste or opinion on something so subjective. That being said, they don't seem to be universally reviled right now (I can't remember what the reaction to the Gen 5 starters was, I wasn't really much on the internet back then), some people like them, some don't like them, some like me are just "meh" about them and wanna see what they evolve into.

Since I don't read Pokemon fanfiction (nothing against it, fanfiction can be cool, I'm just not interested in Pokemon-centered fanfic) I don't know what happened there either, but I can relate to the idea that taking criticism of your work can be difficult. Creating something tends to be very passionate and then when someone points out the flaws in it, that can hurt. But since you now feel that you have reacted badly back then, I'd say you're good to give the whole thing another try, maybe with a new fanfic, taking the criticism as a guideline on how you can improve (and remember that some people will always dislike your stuff, the most famous authors in the world have their critics)