• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I am going to start another HG game once I get done with the one I'm doing right now.

slugger57

I smell a Lawsuit...
Pokemon Heart Gold team help.

I am wanting to start a new game on my HG version as soon as im done with my current one. Here are a few team members I am thinking about raising along with a few moves for some of them.Also, I don't know much about natures so I didn't post them up. If you know what nature they should have plz post it. Thx!
Feraligatr @?​
Ability-Torrent​
Waterfall/aqua tail​
Ice punch​
EQ/ Crunch​
Swords dance​
Dragonite @? (I'm going to be raising the one from the dragon's den that has extreemspeed)​
Ability-Inner focus​
Dragon claw​
Aerial ace​
Waterfall/apua tail/rock slide​
DD​
Fearow @?​
Ability-Keen eye​
Drill peck​
Return​
Steel wing (can cover Ice and rock types)​
Mirror move?​
Scyther @?​
Ability-Technician​
Aerial ace​
X-scissor/Bug bite​
Brick break​
Swords dance?​
Scizor @? (evolved from scyther)​
Ability-Technician​
Iron head/ bullet punch​
X-scissor/bug bite​
Swords dance?​
?​
Tauros @Chesto berry?​
Ability-Not sure which one is best for him​
Return​
EQ​
Stone edge?​
Rest?​
Well, that's my team. I would like advice on the movesets and items as well as the last pokemon. Also, if you think ome of the pokemon on my team shouldn't be on it, plz let me know.As you can see, it is weak to electric types, do the last pokemon probably needs to be aground type. But anyway, let me know what you ppl think! Thx!!! :) =)

Last edited:

Purple_Tangrowth

A DRUM, A DRUM!...
Make the format a bit clearer by pressing the "enter" button after each pokemon

Feraligator@Muslce Band
Adamant
-Aqua Jet / Waterfall
-Ice Fang
-Earthquake
-Swords Dance

Dragonite@Life Orb
Adamnat
-Dragon Claw
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch / Rock Slide

Fearow can have u turn or something but it's fine the way it is now

Scizor@Muscle Band
Adamant
-Bullet Punch
-Bug Bite
-Swords Dance
-Brick Break / Super Power

That's all i can think of for changes.
For your last pokemon, give us a list of pokemon that you are willing to catch and train
Keep in mind you don't wanna have it weak to rock cuz you're 3/5 weak already

slugger57

I smell a Lawsuit...
Thx PT. I will put up a list soon.

slugger57

I smell a Lawsuit...
Gyarados

Exeggutor

Magnazone

Maybe Hitmonlee

Kingler

Starmie

Mamoswine

Nidoking

Maybe Politoed

Pikachu

Those are some of the pokemon I would like to raise a my sixth pokemon. If you ppl have a beter idea of what pokemon should go there, let me know. And thx to Purple tangrowth for letting me know about the Enter button. XD

SazandoraMASTER

♥ PSG ♥
Ooh you said Kingler :D I like you more lol

099.png

Kingler: @Life Orb/Leftovers/Muscle Band/Expert Belt
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -Sp.Atk)
Ability: Hyper Cutter
-Swords Dance
-Crabhammer
-X-Scissor
-Rock Slide/Brick Break
I like Kingler :). SD for boosts. Crabhammer for STAB. X-Scissor hurts Grasses. Rock Slide for coverage and Brick Break to hurt Steels.

slugger57

I smell a Lawsuit...
Thx. I think I'm going to go with kingler. Do you think I should go with EQ for him? It would help cover electric types. Plus it hurts steels like brick break would. Thx for the help man.

Purple_Tangrowth

A DRUM, A DRUM!...
kingler is totally fine but with earthquake in the last slot (replacing brick break/rock slide)

just to be picky, the team is bolt beam weak. That's it, but it doens't matter that much

slugger57

I smell a Lawsuit...
Thx. Well, I think I have found my team!

slugger57

I smell a Lawsuit...
I have started my new game and I had 2 badges and got as far as National park. But then I accidentally left my game on while I wasn't playing and got set back to cherrygrove city with one badge and looking for krabby with the right nature. But this is actually a good thing because before my game got reset I caught nine krabby and none of them had the nature I was looking for, and since krabby only have a 5%chance of appearing I was getting tired of looking for them and so I went with one that had a bashful nature. (- no stat + no stat) But after my game got reset to before I got that bashful krabby, I started looking for one again. And this time after catching 3 krabby the third one I caught had the Jolly nature which was one of the 2 I wanted. But sadly he doesn't have the Hyper cutter ability, but at least he has the right nature. Also, the reason my scyther doesn't have the adamant or jolly nature is because I had to stay up till almost 12 'O clock in the morning looking for one with the right nature and ability in the bug catching contest. And since it was saturday, if I didn't find one I would have to wait until tuesday to get another chance. But luckily, I found one with a nuetral nature. And the reason my tauros has a nuetral nature is because I kept catching them and one had the adamant nature but didn't have intimidate, which I really wanted because it gives tauros a lot of swich-in oppurtunities. I finnaly caught one with intimidate and a nuetral nature so I decided I would go with him.(you have probbably realized by now that I'm a impatient person. Lol) .Well, here is my team so far:

Feraligatr: Lv.33 Ability-Torrent
Nature:Adamant (+ Atk. - Sp. atk.)
Surf
Ice fang
Crunch
Swords dance

Fearow: Lv.33 Ability-Keen eye
Nature:Adamant
Aerial ace
Furry attack
Pursuit
U-turn

Kingler: Lv.33 Ability-Shell armor
Nature:Jolly (+ Speed -Sp. atk.)
Stomp
Bubblebeam
Dig
Swords dance

Scyther Lv.33 Ability-Technician
Nature:Quirky
Furry cutter
Wing attack
Swords dance
Pursuit

I can't believe how much scyther's wing attack does with the help of technician. And after he uses swords dance, it can sweep entire teams that don't resist it!

Tauros Lv.33 Ability-Intimidate
Nature:Quirky
Strength
Sleep talk
Rest
Zen headbut

Badges:7
Current Location:Route 44.

I will continue to update this post as I get further in the game for those who want to know how I'm doing.

Last edited:

slugger57

I smell a Lawsuit...
Kingler moveset help

After some help from the ppl who posted above, I thought I knew what moveset I was going to go with for my kingler. But now I'm wondering if I should go with the moveset below.

Kingler @Salac berry
Crabhammer
EQ/Return
Swords dance/Flail
Endure

I'm not quite sure about going with this movest, it does look good but I'm not quite sure if I have a salac berry in any of my games. Plus I think this moveset is more suited towards copetative battling, and wouldn't do al that good in game because I probably woudn't be able to grow them fast enough to keep up with the ones being used. I don't mind movesets that don't do so well in-game as long as they do good against other ppl like my sister or a random wi-fi battle opponet.

slugger57

I smell a Lawsuit...
Yeah, you're right. Thx for the help.

slugger57

I smell a Lawsuit...
Ok, now I'm wondering if I should give fearow the choice scarf or choice band and U-turn.

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
^Agreed, base 100Spe in-game is more than enough, not to mention you'll be using
a Jolly nature. LO is also an option if Roost is available.

Spr_4h_022.png

Fearow@Choice Band / Life Orb
Jolly | Keen Eye
`Drill Peck
`Return
`Steel Wing / Roost
`U Turn

This is all Fearow can really muster in terms of sweeping, Drill Peck and Return for
two solid STAB moves, and Steel Wing hits rocks. When all comes to worse, U Turn
is a great way to flee. Life Orb grants greater versatility at the cost of a small bit of
health each turn; this is where Roost kicks in, and it removes your pesky flying type
for greater survivability.

Last edited:

slugger57

I smell a Lawsuit...
Thx guys! Instead of the choice band though, do you think I should choose the choice scarf since he has the adamant nature? Thx for all the support!
I have heard that U-turn fearow is good for ''Scouting''. What exactly does that mean? Does it mean that fearow could use u-turn and I could swich him out with a pokemon that can counter the pokemon fearow was battling perfectly?

Last edited:

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
If you have Adamant you might as well use Scarf instead of Band, it's the exact same set.

Yup, that's pretty much scouting in a nutshell xD
Fearow'd probably make a better Scout if you run Scarf.

slugger57

I smell a Lawsuit...
I can't decide between the scouting set or the LO set that you sudgested earlier, peacemaker987. Which one would you prefer if you went with fearow?

Skull-Kid

I can't decide between the scouting set or the LO set that you sudgested earlier, peacemaker987. Which one would you prefer if you went with fearow?

I would go with Life Orb. Allows greater flexibility and more power. I would recommend Roost giving you more survivability as peacemaker987 has said. Steel Wing is fine but I don't think Fearow should be taking on any Rock-type. Fearow's speed is good enough in-game so he needs all the power he can get.

Go with Life Orb.