• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I am very disappointed with Flying-type attacks.

freakyboy05

Swing the bat
Fly is a good move, with a slightly nice Base Power, but a horrible accuracy considering that it takes two turns to use and it's Base Power.
Also There really should be more Special Flying moves, Air Slash it's the strongest (that most Pokemon learn) and it's still under the 100 Base Power.
So for the next gen, I expect a stronger Special Flying move that most flying types can learn.

.VALO.

The one poke who has a decent STAB flying attack, Aerial Ace, is Scyther; with Technician and STAB the base damage is 120 and that's not bad for a move that never misses, in fact it's brilliant.

Cris~Wigglytuff~

elite wigglejiggle!?
technician+aerial ace+STAB=base power x2.5
aerial ace easily becomes THE BEST flying move in that situation but not all flying types have technician *coughscythercough*

all we need is some special flying move like aeroblast.
tornado wave?mighty breeze?mega-gust?

the only flying types i can think of that are suffering from no STAB are drif(t)blim and gliscor

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
Now I think about it, it makes sense. Look. They added a fire type move like flamethrower because there WAS no other fire move that was good at ALL. AKA fire spin flame wheel and ember. So they added flamethrower. Did you see any other good fire moves made? No. Because flamethower covers all of them. Same with Surf.HAve you ever seen another special water move good enough? No. So they added Surf. Same with Ice Beam, Eathquake, Sludge Bomb, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt and Psychic. Because now, there the only moves one of its type uses. But with Flying moves it's different. Unlike Ghosts, Fire, Water, Ice, Electric, Poison, and Ground types, there was already good moves for flying moves - Aerial Ace, Brave Bird, Airslash, and even Fly. Atleast they were better than Water Gun or Mud Bomb which was the moves before Surf or Earthquake was intoduced. If flying gets a move like that, and it already had such moves, then fans would argue that why dragon, fighting, dark, and all the other types should get the same treatment. And there would be no other moves to use except the 95 BP and 100 acc. So it wouldnt make sense.

gyarados151

Ace ninja trainer
It is true that flying type moves are lacking, normally from low power, poor accuracy or being a 2 turn move, the only three good flying type moves are air slash, which is executed excellently by a togekiss when it compensates serene grace, then there is aerial ace, a base power of 60 isn't the worst and considering it has 100% accuracy, pretty good move, especially when used by technician scyther, it is a better alternative to wing attack as wing attack has same strength, higher pp but lower accuracy, and anyway, how often are u going to use all th pp of aerial ace in one competitive battle.

the other slightly more shaky attack is brave bird, a wonderful addition, too bad not many flying types can learn it, leaving you with staraptor, swellow, dodrio, pidgeot and crobat, and even then there is crobats clash with hypnosis and the terrible recoil damage, thankfully, having your pokemon hold a shell bell will recover almost all the recoil damage hp, leaving it so tht recoil damage taken would be as little as the amount normally given by take down or double edge.

CHIMCHAR13

Master Trainer
Aerial ace has saved me in several battles with yanmegas that keep speed boosting and using double team T.T

mas

I think sky attack is the best flying move.
So far.

mas

That is why i like Sraptor because he can lear close combat not only flying types. :)

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Aeroblast anbd Brave Bird are the strongest Flying type moves in the game.

Yes, we do need a stronger Special based flying type move, like Hurricane?

That would be cool.

Ambri

~Draco Rex~
Aeroblast anbd Brave Bird are the strongest Flying type moves in the game.

Yes, we do need a stronger Special based flying type move, like Hurricane?

That would be cool.

Yeah, something like Gust but with 80/100 attack power, that can hit both opponents.

Or a physical flying attack with 80/100 attack power. Not taking two turns, and learnable by the non bird flying types.

Torpoleon

They'll probably have better Flying type attacks next generation. I am hoping that they have a flying type move like Solar Beam. Maybe Gyrados would be able to learn such a move.

Sprintking

As far as fly is concerned, I enjoyed it along with dig a lot more in the first gen, probably because there were so few flying attacks. People who complain that it is a two turn attack fail to realize that the opponent can't hit you during the first turn(unless you are dumb enough to use it against a pokemon with thunder or gust), so you get hit once, you hit the opponent once in two turns, which is the same as using wing attack for one turn. Same thing, just prolongs the wait.

I am hoping that they have a flying type move like Solar Beam
Are you talking about a flying move that does good damage and takes a turn to power up? That's a good idea, if they do make one I think they should call it "Sky Attack".

Last edited:

elite_nidoking

Unofficial GymLeader
mmm well they arent as plentiful as psy or fighting moves, but atleast its got some pretty good jewels like Roost, Air Slash, Aerial Ace, and Brave Bird. but i can see how a few more cant hurt

Master B

True... but my Scizor has Wing Attack and Technian ability (Power up (60) move to (90)
Best attacks euh.. Sky Attack, Fly, Drill Peck, Brave Bird and Aeroblast.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Or maybe just a ball of concentrated air. That would be sweeeet!

Slix

Poliwager Admin
I go with Wing Attack for my Scyther, and usually Fly for some other Flying types (I know that it's not the best move, but I don't play competitively, so whatever). Drill Peck is good, like you said, for some Pokémon, and Aerial Ace is good too. :D

M4zz

Banned
Deal with it. Every generation of pokemon games had bad move types.
1st Generation~Ice/Grass
2nd Generation~Steel/Dark
3rd Generation~Fire/Bug
4th Generation~Flying

frozenthunder

Master Breeder
Ambri; a physical flying attack with 80/100 attack power. Not taking two turns said:
that excists but everybody has forgotten he move completely is called DRILL PECK and its very good i egg moved it to as many flying pokemon that could have it cuz that move strikes fear into my enemies