• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

{ I c e I c e B a b y

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
ice-ice-baby-ice-cube-trays.jpg

Yo Dogg

I've been around competitive battling for a while now, but this is my first RMT here on Serebii.
I've been getting sick of the constant Sandstorm and Rain around so I decided to make
it PhReSh with a Hail Team. The least common weather is here to make a comeback. With
this being my first team and first time playing in a while I'm a little rusty which is why I
would like suggestions. The team is based around a solid hail-stall but is capable of putting out offensive
damage when necessary. It's had an "okay" start with wins and losses up and down. Anyway
let's get started:

460.gif
646.gif
73.gif
94.gif
227.gif
485.gif

460.gif

Abomasnow (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 68 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Ice Shard
- Seed Bomb

Abomasnow obviously is required on any hail team. He helps the stalling greatly with leech seed and hail sapping away at opponents health. Protect helps the stalling even more giving a free turn every other turn to rack up damage. The power allows me to take out Pokemon like Dragonite with priority ice shard. Seed Bomb is a very strong secondary STAB and can take out Pokemon like Rotom-W.

646.gif

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 236 SAtk / 216 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Blizzard

Kyurem was the secondary focus of the team. Cleaning up late game, taking out Pokemon weakened by the stall. Firing off the most powerful Blizzard with perfect accuracy in the hail and a strong STAB dragon pulse. Substitute is a good way to mix it up. While opponents switch out expecting me to be choiced I can set up a sub and proceed to wreak havoc. Focus blast acts as a nice coverage move.

73.gif

Tentacruel (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 204 HP / 208 Def / 96 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Blizzard
- Boil Over

Tentacruel is a staple. Toxic Spikes support and Rapid spin allows me to stall much more effectively. The speed EV's allow me to outspeed Dragonite expecting to take a weak Boil Over and surprise KO it with Blizzard. With Boil Over providing excellent burn support against physical attackers if there not poisoned yet it allows the team to take physical hits much better.

94.gif

Gengar (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Pain Split
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Gengar was first chosen because I needed a spin blocker, seeing how all three entry hazards are a part of my team. I realized also that SubSplit Gengar can put out some serious damage aswell. Without even directly attacking, Gengar can put out serious damage utilizing the HP drained from Hail and Substitute to Pain Split the opponents HP away. This works very effectively against Pokemon that resist Gengar's attack or who have high HP and decent spD so Gengar's STAB won't be doing much damage. Gengar can also take on Fighting moves that hurt a solid amount of the team. Overall so far Gengar has been a solid team member.

227.gif

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Skarmory acts as a great physical wall to absorb hits and shuffle the opponents pokemon around to rack up hazard damage. Instant recovery in Roost helps Skarmory's longevity a lot. Brave Bird prevents me from being taunt bait and can put out damage aswell. Spikes is the obvious choice for a team based around racking up damage. Overall Skarmory has been a fairly good team member.

485.gif

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Lava Plume
- Toxic

Heatran is a great choice for the team. It has great synergy with the team, absorbing fire attacks that plague Abomasnow and Skarmory. In case my toxic spikes get spun away, or I just can't get them up, toxic acts as a great move to ensure poisioning. Stealth Rocks are necessary for racking up damage and work great with Roar to shuffle the opponent around. Lava Plume is my attack and STAB and can get me a surprise burn which can be useful. Heatran is very good at absorbing non supereffective special attacks.

Utopian

faults & feats
I would probably run glaciate over substitute

but sub doesn't help with avoiding status's

however, your only attacking mon is kyurem so preserving hp is vital.

Usatoday

Eternal God
I would probably run glaciate over substitute

but sub doesn't help with avoiding status's

however, your only attacking mon is kyurem so preserving hp is vital.

Not really as blizzard is a 100 % accurate Sub blocks leech seed and all status and what do you count gengar as

Soperman

The One and Only
Toxic on Heatran is a waste. I would suggest Earth Power instead for coverage.
By the way, is Boil Over like Scald? (80 base power, Water type, 30% chance of Burn)

Usatoday

Eternal God
Toxic on Heatran is a waste. I would suggest Earth Power instead for coverage.
By the way, is Boil Over like Scald? (80 base power, Water type, 30% chance of Burn)

Boil Over is the translated japanese term for it