• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I call this team "WhyYouPunchNoHurt?"

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
Alright! First serious RMT, and I've got a good thought about it. My theme, you say? Never losing a Pokemon! Well, sorda. Walling the heck out of everything, really. Anyways, I've compiled my best reasoning, and want to know how this will turn out. To the RMT!

AT A GLANCE
593.gif
598.gif
485.gif
149.gif
130.gif
113.gif

It had to start somewhere, and that somewhere was this partnership between Jellicent and Ferrothorn. It was mutual, as they resist each other's weaknesses perfectly, and can support eachother.
593.gif
598.gif

So, what do I do after that? I add more to a core, duh! With a good thing, why would you change it, so I went with another resistance partnership, the one between Dragon and Flying, and Fire and Steel. So that's how Heatran and Dragonite came into my team.
593.gif
598.gif
485.gif
149.gif

Now, I've got four really bulky Pokemon, and three of them can support themselves, and one can support all the others. So naturally I add another Wall, that one with base 255 HP, Blissey.
593.gif
598.gif
485.gif
149.gif
242.gif

After this I was at a loss though. I thought about going with SkarmBliss, and that may work. Could've gone with Gliscor, or maybe even Zapdos, but no, I chose the thing that hit me; Chansey with Eviolite. It's almost like having another Blissey. This can't be fun for the other person.
593.gif
598.gif
485.gif
149.gif
242.gif
113.gif

Within the first few posts, people showed the error of having two huge base HP Pokemon. I decided to go with Gyarados, which can aptly take out Sandstream Teams bar Terrakion, but I felt that Jellicent will stop the more common forms of said Terrakion.
593.gif
598.gif
485.gif
149.gif
130.gif
113.gif

And that's how it went down. To the Movesets themselves, welcome to the field "WhyYouPunchNoHurt?"!

593.gif

Stachio(Jellicent)(M)
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Calm
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP, 76 Def, 180 SDef
-Surf
-Shadow Ball
-Recover
-Will-O-Wisp

Standard Jelly. Burn and Recover are so annoying together, especially what with his normal Special Defence. not much needed to be explained, Surf and Shadow Ball are STAB, and I'm thinking about adding a few SAtk EVs to make it hurt more.

598.gif

Durian(Ferrothorn)(M)
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP, 48 Def, 208 SDef
-Leech Seed
-Gyro Ball
-Spikes
-Toxic

Semi-Standard Ferrothorn. I opted for both SR and Spikes because of a good reason; Residual Damage is cool, man. If I can get an SR up, it keep Fires out, especially that Volcano-Moth thing. Ferrothorn isn't forced out by alot, but I'll be happy to give Heatran a boost to his flames at any time. Leech Seed supports team-mates, Gyro Ball for surprising power.

Took out the illegal combo, now I'm subbing SR with Toxic.

485.gif

LavaDome(Heatran)(M)
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SDef, 4 Def
-Lava Plume
-Toxic
-Substitute
-Roar

SubRoar Heatran laughs at you counters, unless they carrty a Ground attack. I'm thinking of replacing Lefties with Air Balloon, but it's not necessarily needed. Lava Plume for damage, Toxic for prolonged pain, Sub for Subbing and Roar for Phazing, usually behind a Sub.

149.gif

Trollnite(Dragonite)(M)
Nature: Impish
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Spd
-Substitute
-Dragon Tail
-Roost
-Thunder Wave

Substitute for TrollingSubbing, Roost for healing, Dragon Tail for Phazing, TWave for those who don't have Poison or Burn. Multiscale is nearly priceless, Leftovers are being used too much.

130.gif

Skulkraken(Gyarados)(M)
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 168 HP, 252 Atk, 88 Spd
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance
-Substitute

Gyarados was gonna be named Skullkraken in America. However, they didn't think of shortening it, and so I did so. SubSetup is a simple strategy that works more often than not, and then Sweep with OK coverage moves in Waterfall and Earthquake.

113.gif

Eggman(Chansey)(F)
Item: Eviolite
Nature: Bold
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SDef
-Wish
-Softboiled
-Seismic Toss
-Toxic

Wish is team-healing,, Softboiled for recovery, Seismic Toss is actual Damage, and Toxic is EvilStall.​

If none of my Pokemon die, all they gotta do is get Toxic, Burn or Paralyzation and they're pretty skrewed. Fully defensive team is fully defensive, not sure if it'll work, I'm using PO for this, et cetera, whatever. Any suggestions would be nice.

242.gif

Eggman(Blissey)(F)
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SDef
-Wish
-Softboiled
-Seismic Toss
-Toxic

Does this really need explaining? It does? Huff, Okay. Wish is for Teammates, Softboiled is for herself, Seimic Toss is for wearing away at everything except Ghosts, Toxic for wearing away at everything except Poisons.

Deceased due to Chansey being better apparently. R.I.P. Blissey.

Oh yeah, and here's something about replacements;

Right now, I'm seeing my team being good. Now, I want it better than good. Enter Abomasnow, the one that made my prior team actually good. Literally, Abomasnow did it all. Anyways, I'm thinking of replacing Heatran with him, as Abomasnow is able to do more than what I've recently seen. Here's the set...

460.gif

PineScented(Abomasnow)(M)
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Spd
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Focus Punch
-Ice Shard

The idea behind this set is to take full advantage of a switching Pokemon expecting a powerful Blizzard from Asweepasnow. However, instead, I use Sub. Now that I have protection, I can go on to use Leech Seed or Focus Punch, which, even though Leech Seed isn't an attack, gets good coverage. Ice Shard is a STABbed Priority to be able to take things out that're weakened or after they broke the Sub, and it's proven itself prior.

I'd love to know your thoughts on it. It's actually a serious set, and has proved itself on numerous occasions, although it has to bring with it Hailstorm. I'm not sure if it's an even trade-off, because if Abomasnow didn't have Snow Warning, he'd easily become a cool staple.(Atleast to people like me, who appreciate abusing Substitutes.)

Last edited:

thejt

Everyday Im Shufflin
The thing about Chansey and Blissey are that they have sooooo much HP that you don't really need 252 EVs invested into it. I've had a Blissey with 715 Hp get OHKO'd about 100000 times.
Even though they both are SUPER frail in defense, I'd worry more about that than speed.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
Editted, I don't really see how Base 5 Defense can really use much of a boost, but I've editted it so. Thanks for the input.

I stopped reading when I saw Chansey and Blissey on the same team.

Oh, how I hoped that my eyes were playing tricks on me. That the two blobs of pink mass weren't actually there, that they were just my confused brain trying to tell me that they were.

But no such luck. D:

final point: drop blissey, having both bliss and chansey on the team is redundant as ****. Also NEVER invest so much in special defense for an OU Chansey -- 252 hp/252def is the spread that you want, since with that chansey gains about the physical defenses of the average gen 4 swampert.

Also your Ferrothorn has an illegal moveset -- you can't have spikes+rocks+leechseed. You have no spinner and any team with TSpikes + special sweeper can rip through your team really easily.

You have no good switch in to Terrakion.

Sand beats you since nothing on your team can take hits from Excadrill and Landorus.

Magnezone + Dragons (pretty common since pk and jabba's team) basically demolishes you, since you have nothing to take hits well (ferrothorn gets trapped really easily and Heatran takes 40+% from outrages from most things).

MixTar hurts you a lot -- basically you have to switch in Jellicent and WoW it, and if it's running crunch, you risk taking a ton of damage and it also weakens your main core with remarkable ease.

Yeah gl teambuilding I guess but test a team before you post

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
I stopped reading when I saw Chansey and Blissey on the same team.

Oh, how I hoped that my eyes were playing tricks on me. That the two blobs of pink mass weren't actually there, that they were just my confused brain trying to tell me that they were.

But no such luck. D:

At first I couldn't tell whether or not this was good or bad, really.

final point: drop blissey, having both bliss and chansey on the team is redundant as ****. Also NEVER invest so much in special defense for an OU Chansey -- 252 hp/252def is the spread that you want, since with that chansey gains about the physical defenses of the average gen 4 swampert.

Will do...

Also your Ferrothorn has an illegal moveset -- you can't have spikes+rocks+leechseed. You have no spinner and any team with TSpikes + special sweeper can rip through your team really easily.

I noticed that, what is your suggestion to replace SR with?

You have no good switch in to Terrakion.

Good point... I'll have to think more about what I replace Chansey with for this.

Sand beats you since nothing on your team can take hits from Excadrill and Landorus.

Another thing to think about when choosing appropriate Blissey replacement.

Magnezone + Dragons (pretty common since pk and jabba's team) basically demolishes you, since you have nothing to take hits well (ferrothorn gets trapped really easily and Heatran takes 40+% from outrages from most things).

Any suggestions?

MixTar hurts you a lot -- basically you have to switch in Jellicent and WoW it, and if it's running crunch, you risk taking a ton of damage and it also weakens your main core with remarkable ease.

This seems like the traditional RMT comment, I feel relieved :D I'll see if I can get a Wisper with Sandstorm immunity and a typing that can beat both TTar and Terrakion.

Yeah gl teambuilding I guess but test a team before you post

The reason for posting this team was to get it checked out before I used it, apparently to great success :D

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
Heatran walls nearly all of your team, whether using torment or not, and Gengar blocks all damage from your Chansey and Blissey.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
Heatran walls nearly all of your team, whether using torment or not,

Depends on the certain Heatran, I feel that Jellicent and Heatran can handle different variants.

and Gengar blocks all damage from your Chansey and Blissey.

As well as Ghost-types in general. Maybe Bulkyarados could help, even if no Will-O-Wisp? Bulkyarados might be a good fix.

Huspoel

Ice Fang > Substitute, since you can be walled too easy then

Vandslaux

Chansey should have Bold over Calm. You already have unbreakable Sp. Def.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
Ice Fang > Substitute, since you can be walled too easy then

On which Poke? Gyarados? I've not been walled too easily, if I get a Sub up the most I have to worry about is Hazing/Phazing, but otherwise I can get plenty of boosts. I'll look into it though.

Chansey should have Bold over Calm. You already have unbreakable Sp. Def.

Will do.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
I'm sorry for bumping as I know it's not very mannerly, but I'd love to hear some improvements, and a bit about Abomasnow in that spoiler at the bottom.

Yes, I did say Abomasnow. It's great with the set I posted in the spoiler, look at it.

Huspoel

SubSeedPunch abomasnow? A breloom would fit that spot better, since fire is common and you'll get Hail on the field having all your pokes crippled

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?

Hmm... I'll take a look into it, I wonder if it can take Heatran's spot too? If it has a bulky variant(Which it probably doesn't) I'll most likely accomodate it on my team. I'll have to go get a good set and playtest it...

Huspoel

I would wait for Techniloom and Loom hasn't got a Bulky variant xD

Kerosene

Super Palkia
Here's my advice: Instead of Substitute on Gyara, how about Taunt? You can't be phazed/hazed, you avoid status, and can force switches to set up dragon dances.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
I saw that.

I do think I could go for something besides Heatran, as he lays too many weaknesses across the board for me. Most notably making Fighting-type moves devastating, but I'm trying to find something not weak to Rock, either. And it can't be named Reuniclus.

Kerosene: You tried to ninja me? Eh, anyways... That's actually a great idea, but I'm not sure if the bulky Subs are good enough to pass up, as it's saved my Skulkraken and a win so many times... I'll definitely think about it, as I've been phazed for a near-loss too.