• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I can't be the only one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Well if you people want hand to hand combat watch yugi-oh dawn of the duel were it's all about monster battles. No cards included. The people who bag on this show is because of 4-kids dubbing and not being able to follow the show all the way through. It does get very intresting since it's very analitical.
Quilava Krazy said:
I have watched more than the first few episodes.You're right.I don't wanna like it.Why would I? I don't like the show anyways. To the other person.Yes flowers [like on pokemon cards] would be nice once in awhile
Oh yes lets make yugi-oh all about life lessons for toddlers like pokemon is. We must make it child friendly. =D Seriously wtf? If you want nice cards go look at that kid from the grand championship arc that used fariy tale monsters.
Quilava Krazy said:
Who else here sees how stupid of a show Yu-gi-oh is?It's just so violent and hard to understand!I'm not trying to bash anything, but seriously!Every episode is ethier Someone trying to steal the milenium puzzle or yugi in a duel or both.
The show is about duel monsters. o_O You expect him not to be dueling? The puzzle is important though. It's about the same concept team rocket has. Steal a valuable pokemon.
Quilava Krazy said:
I can't see the dub cause I live in America and even if I could I can't understand Japanese. Plus the cards are just scary, dark, and boring.
How can you be scared yet say your bored? -.- Condratictary feelings? Seriously watch the battle city arc and when they actually have rules. It's very good. Watch Joey's duels if you don't wanna here the heart of the cards junk.
Quilava Krazy said:
They scare my little brother. I lot of people who used to like pokemon have swithed over to yu-gi-oh because yu-gi-oh is "cooler". Someone help me understand what is so awsome about
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Then your little brother must be very easy to scare. Yugi-oh deals with the concept of monsters dueling in moderen form and turn based attacks. If you can handle playing pokemon, I'm sure you can handel watching a duel with actual rules, not the duelest Kingdom arc that hardly had any.

Last edited:

Silver Ryu

~Aqua Dragon~
Hey, I like Yu-gi-Oh. And not just because it was a fad. It's not a fad anymore, and I still like it. Cheesiness aside, it's a good show. (Although I couldn't stand the virtual world season. So dang pointless, except for the fact that we learned about Kaiba and Mokuba's past. -_- And the second part of the finals was boring and predictable.)

Why do I like it? Well, there are a lot of reasons. A show about a card game may be weird, but you have to admit, it is original. The plot is fairly interesting, and the characters are good too. (part of the reason GX ticks me off) It was confusing at first, but they explain more as it goes along.

And if it makes you feel any better, it's on the last season now.

C

clown_buggy

YGO's alright. Can't say I'm much of a fan of the Noa, Alcatraz Duel Tower, and Pharaoh's Memories arcs, though. The Doma saga, however, is truly amazing. It has an intriguing storyline, well thought villains, mostly exciting duels (the only one I didn't like was Yami no Yuugi vs. Gurimo), pretty good animation, and excellent comic relief a la Insector Haga and Dinosaur Ryuzaki. Hell, if I could, I'd re-watch the entire thing in one day (the original version subbed, of course, since the dub's horrible) XD The manga I can't really comment on, as I've only read a few chapters of it in Shonen Jump.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hidden Mew

Fog Trainer
I also really like the Yu-Gi-Oh! show. I have never really found their monsters to be really scary. Perhaps a distrubing picture, but not one that would involve fear. That is may also be just who I am. Anyway, I like the "dubbed" show. I know that a lot of people despite it, but people have different tastes. At first, I thought that it was stupid, but then I watched some epsiodes from the middle of the Duelist Kingdom season and I thought that it was interesting. To me, the story line got better as it went into the Battle City season. The character development also made me more interested in this show. Once again, I agree with Silver Ryu about GX. It seriously lacks any growth in the characters, but that is my observation. Anyway, if you don't like it, then do what you want. You have a choice and you obviously made your own choice about it. I just wanted to release this energy, say what I think, and hope that everyone leaves this thread without feeling anger burn within them.

Silver Ryu

~Aqua Dragon~
clown_buggy said:
YGO's alright. Can't say I'm much of a fan of the Noa, Alcatraz Duel Tower, and Pharaoh's Memories arcs, though. The Doma saga, however, is truly amazing. It has an intriguing storyline, well thought villains, mostly exciting duels (the only one I didn't like was Yami no Yuugi vs. Gurimo), pretty good animation, and excellent comic relief a la Insector Haga and Dinosaur Ryuzaki. Hell, if I could, I'd re-watch the entire thing in one day (the original version subbed, of course, since the dub's horrible) XD The manga I can't really comment on, as I've only read a few chapters of it in Shonen Jump.

It was OK, but it was really depressing.

M

MysticFlames

I always thought it was okay. The show is pretty original, nice characters and story. It really isn't that violent either, but the show starts to get cheesy after a while. And it is sorta annoying that Yugi always draws card he needs...

It's okay overall, not really the worst anime ever, but the card game is better than the show imo.

Kazuki Mirai

Meh, everything has goods and bad. Yu-Gi-Oh is not that perfect, it's not terrible either. The duels are amusing, sometimes it has good drama. But the only problem is, the characters. I'm not going to include that because I would be flaming. But then again, the moments are always predictable. Such as the "faith in one draw" crud.

Chris

Old Coot
Apparently a guy can't play Animal Crossing for a day without stupid crap like this popping up. ¬¬

Pretty much the reasonings behind making this thread are ridiculous, nonsensical rambling ("I live in the America and I can't see the dub." Wtf?), and an attempt at trying to rally up people who believe a certain show is "stupid." If this was kept up, this'd turn into another Duel Masters bashfest.

Status
Not open for further replies.