• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I can't name it what??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
Tucker is censored? Insert overused FMA joke here. =P

BmanP1

Krookodile hunter
If I recall, "slaves" is no longer an acceptable name for a PC box, so I named it "servants.", but that just doesn't have the same ring to it.

castlewars

Chesnaught=Bowser
Butt... why would to name your pokemon Butt... Anyway there is a lot of censored things its stupid.

The censor doesn't even help to prevent people using bad words. Because the censor is so overly-sensitive, it only helps people learn bad words in other languages and to make people see the bad words in otherwise fine words. GF, seriously? You should have known this already. I hope it isn't like this in OR/AS.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Tucker is censored? Insert overused FMA joke here. =P

couldn't be the reasoning that tucker is avoided because it sounds similar to the f word, i can only think of that one for now unless other people have other proof/evidences

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
...Unless in means something in foreignese that we're unaware of?

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
couldn't be the reasoning that tucker is avoided because it sounds similar to the f word, i can only think of that one for now unless other people have other proof/evidences

That's ridiculous. How does Tucker sound like the F word in the slightest?

It only rhymes with that word. And no, rhyming and sounding like a word are two totally different things.

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
That's ridiculous. How does Tucker sound like the F word in the slightest?

It only rhymes with that word. And no, rhyming and sounding like a word are two totally different things.

Replace the T with an F and you have your answer. Being 1 letter off is apparently good enough to gamefreak.
It's ridiculous yes but it's not really because it rhymes or sounds like it.

Anakin0993

Nomadic Breeder
What I don't understand. When I went to change the name of one of my boxes in Y for shinies I've bred, it would censor the word hatched.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
What I don't understand. When I went to change the name of one of my boxes in Y for shinies I've bred, it would censor the word hatched.

do you mean if you name your boxes hatched, if it is i think i know the reason - the hatch word must have something to do with vulgarism in other words, some kind of word would rhyme to it

Can't name my marill Pila for what it mean in Portuguese...

i try to search google and i'm curious too why, in my search result that i done i don't seem to find any word that vandalize or harm something but pila can mean battery, fountain or saw ( could it be that word saw cause i'm not even sure to myself either)

Last edited:

Anakin0993

Nomadic Breeder
do you mean if you name your boxes hatched, if it is i think i know the reason - the hatch word must have something to do with vulgarism in other words, some kind of word would rhyme to it

I was originally trying "Shinies Hatched" as I already have (shinies caught, shinies event, and shinies trade). If it rhymes or seems similar to any sort of vulgarity, I have no idea what it could be. The only one I can think of isn't close enough to warrant any censorship (at least in my opinion).

Absolutely Absol

It's just Absol...
I was originally trying "Shinies Hatched" as I already have (shinies caught, shinies event, and shinies trade). If it rhymes or seems similar to any sort of vulgarity, I have no idea what it could be. The only one I can think of isn't close enough to warrant any censorship (at least in my opinion).

It is probably ShineS HATched... if game ignores space.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
It is probably ShineS HATched... if game ignores space.

yes but it could also be shines hatched then delete the a near the word hatched( with shines hatched word still combined but now without the a), then you have the magic word

i was only get to notice this thanks to you becoz i was concentrated on the word hatch itself

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I wanted to name my shiny male nidoran "Spike", but it wouldn't let me. What's so bad about that word?

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
I wanted to name my shiny male nidoran "Spike", but it wouldn't let me. What's so bad about that word?

sigh... how many times this question has been asked in this thread

anyway spike is banned because if you take the e in spike and it becomes that word which probably means a racist in other language

Last edited:

Crystal

The Pokemon Observer
These.......

I just don't understand, if GF are so over-sensitive with nicknames, why don't they just take off the nickname feature then? If no Pokemon can be nicknamed, then there is no need for censoring, then no one will gets angry.

Then of course, I'm sure a super-large group of Pokemon fans will leave the game for good because that is one of the greatest enjoyment feature of the game.

Now GF is spoiling this greatest enjoyment for this stupid censoring......
Or should I say, they give us another kind of enjoyment by this censoring? (sarcasm)

Tonguetyd

Apparently, "Sauerkraut" for Tyranitar (...you're a three decker sauerkraut and toadstool sandwich...) is banned because it has "Sau" in it.
And apparently, sau is german for pig. Why would that be censored? We don't call our Pokemon Grum*** and Mamo*****.

Last edited:

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
I can't name my Sableye "Violet" because it's SEEMINGLY close to "Violent".I know it's one letter off,but seriously Gamefreak?Well,sometimes I hate you,too.

nope that isn't the reason, the thing is violet actually has a reference to the french word viol which actually means "rape" in french

I'm still wondering how GF were able to trespass viola, maybe this Vio1a ( its the way i see it)

castlewars

Chesnaught=Bowser
I'm still wondering how GF were able to trespass viola, maybe this Vio1a ( its the way i see it)

And Thumper as well. If you think they used "Vio1a" then how can they get Thumper past the filters yet it contains "hump"? It seems ridiculous that all the censor is doing is teaching kids bad words in other languages, and the fact that you can't use an English word just because it contains a vulgar word in some obscure language you don't even know about, like some random Spanish or German swear word hidden in the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.