• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I can't name it what??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
I had a problem with the name Violet too; I was catching Scatterbug to Wondertrade as Vivillion, and I wanted them all to have a name starting with V. I had also tried to name my Dedenne Boo Boo, but apparently that's offensive. Yet I could name a Panpour BUTTZ

looks like game freak wouldn't care if you try to uppercase the letters even if it sounds offensive to begin with

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Got a pidgey named gayash---, but can't name a granbull spike.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
this issue has been addressed, spike is similar to spyk which would mean racist in another language

Sorry. But it makes you wonder how other ones pass thru. I remember a guy on the wt forum saying he got a poke named jews did 9/11. How'd that pass thru, you gotta wonder.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Sorry. But it makes you wonder how other ones pass thru. I remember a guy on the wt forum saying he got a poke named jews did 9/11. How'd that pass thru, you gotta wonder.

oh * shrugs *, my guess is the one who send that would have probably made some editing to the names, i really can't see how something inappropriate can pass through the gts tbh

I've got a wonder traded Pokemon that was a swear word with two letters switched around. Why is that allowed but Spike isn't? It's kind of silly.

The censor only picks up the word if it's spelt directly. Which is why some people can avoid the censor by using things like symbols, accented letters, and spell it 'improperly'. It's why the censorship is so sensitive too (to words like 'Spicy' 'Basement' etc) because it detects the slur/swear/bad word in it.

castlewars

Chesnaught=Bowser
The censor only picks up the word if it's spelt directly. Which is why some people can avoid the censor by using things like symbols, accented letters, and spell it 'improperly'. It's why the censorship is so sensitive too (to words like 'Spicy' 'Basement' etc) because it detects the slur/swear/bad word in it.

Best example: I bred the hell out of Diantha's Ralts so I could get one with a Modest nature. When I got it and EV trained it, I nicknamed it "HitIer" and the idea is that I looks like a lowercase L, so it will appear as "Hitler".

jrmftw

Green Dragon Trainer
So I can't name my Charmander Ashton... WTF? It accepts Ash perfectly fine, but not when 'ton' is added to it.
Why GF, why?

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
So I can't name my Charmander Ashton... WTF? It accepts Ash perfectly fine, but not when 'ton' is added to it.
Why GF, why?
If you put a certain letter in a certain place...

ChicaSkas

it wouldn;t allow me to name a Meowth "BooBoo" which is my cat's nickname in real life :haha:

So I had to use the big zero charachter in the next page as the OO's in Boo Boo

Ashrose

Wandering Trainer
I should have expected this, but I wasn't able to name my Beedrill 'Buzzkill'. It's a shame, really, since I was extremely excited about the nickname. While I obviously understand why, I still wait for the day when I can have a 'Buzzkill' on my team!

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Why GF, why?

i think i get the reason, looking from the name ashton- if you try to look closely at the word, there is a hidden word there that is not appropriate

Ashton - problem solved

fitzy909

Just another guy
Got a pidgey named gayash---, but can't name a granbull spike.

How is that allowed? You can have a word with 'gay' in it, but not spike? I understand why you can't have spike, but why do they allow gay? I'm not saying gay is bad, but that usually isn't something that is often allowed within games.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
How is that allowed? You can have a word with 'gay' in it, but not spike? I understand why you can't have spike, but why do they allow gay? I'm not saying gay is bad, but that usually isn't something that is often allowed within games.
Because gay means happy?

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
I saw a Skarmory on the GTS named
(•)(•)BEWBS
WHY?!

Status
Not open for further replies.