• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I can't name it what??

Status
Not open for further replies.

castlewars

Chesnaught=Bowser
Didn't someone on the wt forum say they got one named 'jews made 9/11'? I can't name it spike, but that passed?

Yeah. I tried testing that and it said I couldn't use it. So how come they were able to use it yet when I try to nickname my Pokemon that I can't?

Murder Doll

Button Presser
I feel the various filters (the censor included) where last minute things they put in.

The sheer crapiness of them all just leaves either them with either this reason or "they just don't care" and I'd not believe the latter.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I feel the various filters (the censor included) where last minute things they put in.

The sheer crapiness of them all just leaves either them with either this reason or "they just don't care" and I'd not believe the latter.

I'd hope for the former. Censorship is something that we definitely do not need for social advancement, and in all honesty should be phased out completely. More people "just not caring" might be a good thing in that regard, because it means less people getting worked up over little things like words.

To quote Frank Zappa, what can be said of a society so primitive it still believes certain words in its language have the power to harm or corrupt them?

Glaceon2000

The nickname censor is really flawed. It's so sad that perfectly good names like Violet get rejected because of it. I can't imagine finally thinking of a name for my pokemon, only to have it rejected.

Pink Harzard

So majestic
I once had a WT Pidgey named puuusy. I released the poor guy so it won't need to live with a trainer having that name.
Some people now make stupid names just to get the trill a passing the censor. -_-

castlewars

Chesnaught=Bowser
I'm sure it's been mentioned already, but 'Basement' is censored. :(

That - is the most obvious reason why this censor is flawed. Send a letter of complaint to Nintendo regarding their horribly flawed censor, taking the thread along with it.

ZKush

wow wtf i didnt even know they censored Nicknames!!!

Keysmash

buys meat
That - is the most obvious reason why this censor is flawed. Send a letter of complaint to Nintendo regarding their horribly flawed censor, taking the thread along with it.

It's kind of funny, because you realize there are censored words in places you'd never thought to look.

Treasurepanda

I cant name my milotic Serene Grace.
What the *************
Lol ^
Anyway, I had to rename it something else
What's that about?
Its even an ability of a pokemon right?

Psychic

Really and truly
My partner was unable to name a Pokemon Baron or even Barron.

I did find a shiny Florges on the GTS named "Dumb Basturd" though, which was...mature.

-Nator-

Sometime back, I was unable to name one of my Pokemon "Brain Fart".

Seriously, what's wrong with fart? Makes me wonder if burp or vomit is allowed...

castlewars

Chesnaught=Bowser
I cant name my milotic Serene Grace.
What the *************
Lol ^
Anyway, I had to rename it something else
What's that about?
Its even an ability of a pokemon right?

SereNE GRAce
You should have picked it up that it's supposed to be a racial slur in a foreign language.

Any one know why you can't name a pokemon "Violet"? Does it sound to much like "violent" or something? Seriously, why does GF break its own name filter? Because it is ridiculous and they know that

It's a well-known fact that it contains "viol" which is French for "rape". But just stick an I in place of the L and you should be able to bypass the censor. This is odd not just because the first Gym Leader is called Viola, but also from the fact that this word wasn't even censored in B/W(2) - it got added on X/Y, tripping up a few words which appear benign.

Pink Harzard

So majestic
Tried to name my Weedle Buzzkill yesterday but that isn't allowed. Perhaps because of the kill mention. So I just called her Buzzkil. It is actually the first time I gave an ''inapropiate'' nickname.

castlewars

Chesnaught=Bowser
Tried to name my Weedle Buzzkill yesterday but that isn't allowed. Perhaps because of the kill mention. So I just called her Buzzkil. It is actually the first time I gave an ''inapropiate'' nickname.

Actually, it is possible to call it Buzzkill in B/W(2) because that was another of the censors that was added onto X/Y.

Treasurepanda

SereNE GRAce
You should have picked it up that it's supposed to be a racial slur in a foreign language.

It's a well-known fact that it contains "viol" which is French for "rape". But just stick an I in place of the L and you should be able to bypass the censor. This is odd not just because the first Gym Leader is called Viola, but also from the fact that this word wasn't even censored in B/W(2) - it got added on X/Y, tripping up a few words which appear benign.

It would be different if serene grace didn't have a space in between it. Also its a pokemons ability, so there shouldnt be any problem.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I was looking at a post on Tumblr and someone said they were going to name their Litleo "Ishtar" only to find out that was blocked. Again, it's another word banned due to the presence of "sht" which is of course a pretty common profanity word.

It didn't allow me to name my shiny Dragalge "Seaweed". Oh well. -.- Next, I pulled some weed out of the berry fields.

ShachonianX

Spheal Lord
Reading through this thread wants to me bend this censorship system until it breaks until pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.