• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I can't name it what??

Status
Not open for further replies.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Titan & Adam are the ones who didn't get accepted. Which is stupid since Adam is like my own name as well.

I bet this'll be bad news for any player whose name is Adam, they have to end up using a different name for their in-game trainer because the censored word present in the name is "dam" which is pretty much a simple cuss word. Still, I feel sad for anyone named Adam here.

Titan's censoring is due to the word "tit" which is obvious enough.

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
Slightly off-topic, but "Wind God's Aria" is censored on Miiverse, and I think the censored part might be "god"...

I'm going to create a new language, and every English word will be some sort of curse word. Game Freak will have to ban every English word, because I'll be offended.

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
I'm going to create a new language, and every English word will be some sort of curse word. Game Freak will have to ban every English word, because I'll be offended.
I laughed at this.

So this post isn't irrelevant, has anyone figured out why "dreaming" is apparently censored in Tomodachi Life yet?

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Anyone remember when Froslass wasn't allowed to be traded on the GTS because of the last three letters of her name? I dunno if they ever fixed that

That was the same for CoFAGrigus and any pokemon that had "ss" or "sa" in their name

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
In French, we have Écrapince (Corphish) and Crapustule (Seismitoad)! Meanwhile, on a French forum somewhere...

I laughed at this.

So this post isn't irrelevant, has anyone figured out why "dreaming" is apparently censored in Tomodachi Life yet?

The devs are wild, mindless animals

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
Oh, and on Miiverse, I'm pretty sure "god" is censored. Presumably it's censored in other languages as well, so how do Japanese people talk about A Link to the Past? (Kamigami no Triforce, "Triforce of the Gods")

XXD17

Draco rex
I just bred a nice sandile....I wanted to name him Sobek, after the Egyptian god of the Nile...apparently that's not allowed so I went with Sebek (a less powerful alternate transliteration) instead...is there something wrong with "sob"? Also, I can't name my corphish "Cajun Spice" so I went with "Hotpot" instead...

ilovemyumbreon

Holding a Moon Shard
I just bred a nice sandile....I wanted to name him Sobek, after the Egyptian god of the Nile...apparently that's not allowed so I went with Sebek (a less powerful alternate transliteration) instead...is there something wrong with "sob"? Also, I can't name my corphish "Cajun Spice" so I went with "Hotpot" instead...

SOB can stand for Son of a B... I'm surprised they let you put pot in the name.

Shephard922

Were it so easy.
I was so angry when I started Pokemon Y and found that my last name was censored. They've even had Trainers use it in-game! Gentleman Tucker and Dome Ace Tucker.

I get that it's obviously close to a bad word but come on, it's a real name and they've used it themselves!

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I wanted to name my Flygon Skyscraper, but the game denied me.

Seriously, what is so wrong about the word skyscraper?

Status
Not open for further replies.