• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I can't sleep. Halp.

FrozenConstellation

There for grace I go
Being a insomnic, I just read, listen to music or just waste my time on Serebii and the internet until its morning :p

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
I have those a lot I can't sleep until 1:30-3:00 am and once I even stayed awake for 2 DAYS STRAIGHT it was awful no sleep at all not even a power nap I just don't sleep anymore

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
Try not to like nap during the day, cause then you'll be awake at night.

Well, it doesn't hurt to take a little nap if you have nothing else to do. It won't really affect your sleep at night that much.

You can also just try to take a glass of warm milk or just something soothing. That always works.

LuringMaster

Mah dawg.
Well, it doesn't hurt to take a little nap if you have nothing else to do. It won't really affect your sleep at night that much.

You can also just try to take a glass of warm milk or just something soothing. That always works.

Or just take a warm bath, or try to get rid of noise problems, that's one reason.

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
Or just take a warm bath, or try to get rid of noise problems, that's one reason.

Actually, noise helps me to get to sleep. Either the crickets in my backyard, my fan blowing wind around, or even better, the sound of rain outside my window.

Draco.

Dragon Master.
Count sheeps!!

that is the only thing that help! + medicine but thats not good for you health

Some nights I can't sleep at all, I don't know the real reason why, but at my old apartment I couldn't get any sleep on the weekend because of our old landlady's grandchildren. Some nights they would constantly scream at the top of their lungs "NAAANNNYY!!" What made it worse was that their bedroom was on top of my room. (It was a apartment)

Now, it's most likely me drinking to much Pepsi near my bedtime. I haven't taken any naps since I was 2. On weekdays, I try to nap, but my old babysitter keeps making this annoying noise, and keeps telling me that I'm not allowed to sleep when she's there. She's a complete troll I tell ya... *sighs*

ZoruaBoo

*slaps younger me*
Avoid eating before going to bed, if you have a full stomach your body is concentrating on digesting it rather than trying to shut down and rest.

Avoid drinking cold drinks, you're body can only use water when it's at body temperature, so if you drink cold water/drink your body is heating up the liquid to body temperature which means it's not shutting down.

Drink things like tea, it helps to calm and slow down body activity.

Also, if you read before bead you are letting your brain have time to process information it gained during the day which means you wont just be lying there awake waiting for your brain to turn off.

Don't nap during the day and don't go to bead to early. If you know you're not going to fall asleep before 11, it's a waste of time going to bed at 10.

Exercise! If you exercise during the day, your body will naturally be more tired by night time. Fresh air helps to, so just sitting outside for an hour or two can help.

Turn off you phone! Having your phone on can distract you and keep you awake at night, your brain will be thinking if you have a new text/missed a call.

If all else fails, just move to another room. Sometimes a different scenery can help you sleep, when I'm awake at night sometimes I'll just grab my bedding and just sleep in the bath.

Hope this helps! ^-^

DragonTrainerSilver

<-- Starving dragon
I have been an insomniac since I was 12 until recently my doctor prescribed me sleeping pill's. They work but I wouldn't suggest pill's,maybe relaxing music?

Draco.

Dragon Master.
dont drink coffe or energydrinks after 6pm
that is an help full tip :)

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
im a major insomniac. i can never sleep at night. i know everyone says pills are no good, but im honestly considering them at this point.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Avoid eating before going to bed, if you have a full stomach your body is concentrating on digesting it rather than trying to shut down and rest.

Avoid drinking cold drinks, you're body can only use water when it's at body temperature, so if you drink cold water/drink your body is heating up the liquid to body temperature which means it's not shutting down.

These are some good tips, I'll keep them in mind. Yeah I have trouble sleeping too.

arceus03

Drink things like tea, it helps to calm and slow down body activity

It also makes you fat :p

Eh, really? Never heard that. I like drinking a glass of cold milk before going to sleep >_>

Doesn't tea make you more awake, like coffee? Since it contains caffeine.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Doesn't tea make you more awake, like coffee? Since it contains caffeine.

He probably meant herbal tea or something.

If I eat two hours before bed, combined with the heat at my grandparents' house (78 degrees at night, that's why I have a fan), I get indigestion. Yup. Not fun.

Also, don't listen to music on your iPod. You want music, make it soft, piano music or something on a radio set on a timer. It worked for me before my radio alarm clock stopped working.

Joshblue02

I know. i am a sir-wory-alot and stay up untill it is light out and then have to go to school. I have tried watching the big bang theory, Counting sheep, playing games and the dreaded PILLS! And they have no effect, i have been living off of lucozade.

LuringMaster

Mah dawg.
I know. i am a sir-wory-alot and stay up untill it is light out and then have to go to school. I have tried watching the big bang theory, Counting sheep, playing games and the dreaded PILLS! And they have no effect, i have been living off of lucozade.

Have you been taking a nap during the day?

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I never seen to be Abel to sleep easily, takes about 2 and à half hours for me to actually get tired When in bed, and yet, THE moment Igat out of bed, I'm dead tired...
I'm luckilly not insomniac.
THE reason I think I stay awake is probably stress, with school, annoying friends, evil people, and à demented sister that kicks, lunches and scratches, along with my already instable mind... Urk.