• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I challenged Marriland!!!!! advice for this team

Phoenix16

Ghost Trainer
I recently challenged the famous marriland to a pokemon battle, he has not yet accept bacause he is quite busy but says he eventually will. Here is the team i have trained to battle online. They are a mixed bunch but seem to work well on their own. All pokemon are EV trained correctly and have high IVs in their corresponding stats (At least 26-31) most are bred and two are shiny.(t-tar and azumarill)
If you have suggestions for members that could be substituted in this team or suggestions on movesets please feel free to post. thank you,
-steel phoenix-

Magmortar
@Power Herb, Modest
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Solarbeam
Focus Blast
(the most interesting pokemon on my team and also my starter. Instead of a choice set, i have solarbeam and power herb to surprise water and ground types. sunny day gives the plan away but power herb hits rhyperior and swampert hard with a surprise. focus blast is for t-tars and such, and t-bolt is for pure waters or enemy flyers, i.e mantine, charizard, etc)

Tyranitar
@Leftovers, Adamant
Stone Edge
Dragon Dance
Ice Fang
Earthquake
(The tank of the team. Evs put into attack but also hp. little into speed. D-dance up and hit enemies hard. Ice fang to crush garchomp.)

Azumarill
@Leftovers, Naughty
Substitute
Focus Punch
Aqua Jet
Blizzard
(A standard 400+ attack sub-puncher but also a staller. Once the opposing pokemon is burned by either magmortar or dusknoir, azumarill and sub up and waste them them away. Punch is for blisseys and snorlaxs. blizzard was chosen over ice beam becasue with a sp atk that is about 120, the move strength needs to bite more.)

Dusknoir
@Leftovers, Careful
Shadow Sneak
Pain Split
Ice Punch
Will-o-wisp
(Standard dusknoir wall, i prefer ice punch so i have some protection against dragons. Evs were put into sp def more so then def, making him a good special wall but will-o-wisp gaurds against physical sweepers, aka marriland's salamence and garchomp.)

Gardevoir
@Choice Scarf, Modest
Grass Knot
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Focus Blast
(main purpose of gardevoir is to clean sweep fast enemies and then retreat. With scarf her speed is well over 350 and her sp atk is at 382 naturally. excellent type coverage, but focus is repetitive becuse of magmortar. Suggestions for another move?)

Garchomp
@Life Orb, Jolly
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Fire Blast
Swords Dance
(stright-forward swords dancer. sturdy enough to live through one hit. Once s-dance is up, EQ and dragon claw can rip poeple apart. Fire blast is obviously for skarmory, it was chosen over fire fang becasue of hit and run purposes.)

boxchan

Ice Punch Azumarill?

|Overheat / Fire Blast| / Thunderbolt / Hidden Power [Grass] / Cross Chop Magtar
does all your current one does but is a better set overall.

That Gardevoir is silly. Alakazam gets more speed and special attack than it without any boosting items.

And of course, the generic "lol" for another of these "marriland is the greetest!" threads.

staroceandc

Who is Marriland I've never heard of him/her? an also

Magmortar with power herb sense its a one time use then the move slot is totally useless you'd never pull off another SB in the whole battle its way to much of a waste on him

Azumarill is awsome but its better to use it with choice band sense your subs wont last long enough to use focus punch unless they don't use an attack when you sub but if that is the case should just focused then then but anyways with either choice band or scarf aqua jet/waterfall respectively an hit an run sense its got almost no deff so your better off this way

Dusknoir Just no on ice punch there is no point an your leave yourself way open for a gyarados sweeper you have way to much dragon coverage to care about them with this guy

gardevoir is alot weaker the alakazam in that spot its better as a status platform/special wall

Thats about all i got for the most part just alittle tweeks an if this Marriland person was really all that good you'd probably be pwned if you don't do something drastic

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
I
Magmortar
@Power Herb, Modest
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Solarbeam
Focus Blast

Sucks.

Cross Chop / Overheat / HP Ice / Thunderbolt @ Life Orb or Choice Scarf

- Solarbeam is pointless even with the Herb. It's easily predictable and just a waste of an item
- Focus Blast is inferior to Cross Chop which allows you to not be walled to hell by Blissey

Mild nature btw

Tyranitar
@Leftovers, Adamant
Stone Edge
Dragon Dance
Ice Fang
Earthquake

DDTar is not a tank lol, but w/e.

Crunch > Ice Fang. Ice Fang + Sandstorm means you are not oging to even hit Garchomp with it anyway, and Crunch is just superior anyway

Azumarill
@Leftovers, Naughty
Substitute
Focus Punch
Aqua Jet
Blizzard

Blizzard sucks on it.

Aqua Jet / Superpower / Waterfall / Body Slam or Focus Punch @ Choice Band

- Focus Punch gets switches harder then Superpower
- Waterfall if you're faster or need more power
- Body Slam if you want to rely on para

Adamant nature - 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Def

Dusknoir
@Leftovers, Careful
Shadow Sneak
Pain Split
Ice Punch
Will-o-wisp

Thunderpunch is needed to stop your Gyarados weakness.

Also please tell me you have 252 HP evs on this

Gardevoir
@Choice Scarf, Modest
Grass Knot
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Focus Blast

Sucks. Alakazam does this better, and you need to change this into a make-shift special wall otherwise Starmie will rape your team pretty easily.

Wish / Reflect / Psychic / Calm Mind or Light Screen or Thunderbolt @ Leftovers

Calm nature

Garchomp
@Life Orb, Jolly
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Fire Blast
Swords Dance

Starmie and Gyarados weakness, as well as Focus Blast Gengar weak.

nubinator

Banned
Marriland is a noob, I could beat him. Or her :eek:!!!!!!!!!!

Ice Fang sucks on Tyranitar, use crunch instead. Pursuit maybe if you're going to use the choice band set.

Hitsugaya

Lone Wolf
Marriland is a noob, I could beat him. Or her :eek:!!!!!!!!!!

Ice Fang sucks on Tyranitar, use crunch instead. Pursuit maybe if you're going to use the choice band set.

It's a him........
Anyways, while Marriland does indeed suck fat eggs, he could easily sweep this team with his Gengar (If I'm not mistaken, he has one with FB)

Also, I thought he said he isn't taking any challenges. At all. If you wanna have fun, go to Smogon or CBC.

Record this battle and post it on youtube or somewhere else and make a link too it in your sig. Anyway, here's my rate:

Magmorter@???
modest/timid
252sp.atk/252spd/4HP
flamethrower
focus blast
t-bolt/hidden power[grass]/[ice]
cross chop
cross chop for her Blissey, flamethrower for her Skarmory

Replace Gardavoir with Gengar/Alakazam.

The rest looks OK, give Marrilnd a good beating for being a genaral jerk.

Dialkia@ Marriland is taking challenges again, a YouTube video got him inspired.

nubinator

Banned
Cross Chop/ HP ice/ Overheat/ Thunderbolt

okay Arcanine galactic?

Raito

HADOUKEN!
Needs more helpful posts and less omg marriland and omg azumarril

Phoenix16

Ghost Trainer
thanks for your help guys, really, i'll need it, but keep in mind that most of these sets are what i already have to work with. Not what i'd like to have. So the reason some of these moves are on here is b/c i alread y have the guys and it's too late to breed moves or change guys cuz i took me forever to breed a magmortar with perfect IVs in sp attack and speed. And an azumarill with a 31 in attack.

Cross Chop/ HP ice/ Overheat/ Thunderbolt

okay Arcanine galactic?

Man, do you never listen to anyone else? Thats just one set, there's more than one, and Overheat, as we all know, loses power the more you use it. If it does not faint, than it will be even harder to faint the oppenet, while Flamethrower can be used repeteadly without worry. Even though Magmorter will probably faint if it fails to OHKO, better safe than sorry.

Shy Guy

get a better lead(infernape/weavile) not magmortar infernape can rip up weavile and T-Tar and gengar(only if infernape is barring shadow claw) and skarmory(overheat/flamethrower) and blissy(close combat) garchomp(HP Ice) and rattata and gyarados(stone edge/thunder punch) and salamence(stone edge/HP ice) so infernape is a much better option than magmortar or weavile is effective

Regiman

i herd u leik meh.
I dont have much to really say because I'm not very with this stuff but I have one thing to say. Look out for Rattata, he may be Level 1 but his strategy is hold on 1 HP with his Focus Sash, use endevour so the Level 100's hp down to one and with you pokemon down and slow he'll use a quick attack and you get owned by and Rattata.

Keaton

Custom User Title
I dont have much to really say because I'm not very with this stuff but I have one thing to say. Look out for Rattata, he may be Level 1 but his strategy is hold on 1 HP with his Focus Sash, use endevour so the Level 100's hp down to one and with you pokemon down and slow he'll use a quick attack and you get owned by and Rattata.

???

Point 1. wtf?!

Point 2. Sure, Focus Sash works like that but how does Ratatta have the speed at lvl1 to hit a lvl 100 poke with Endevour?

Point 3. Endevour doesnt lower your foes speed - it just matches their health with yours (in respects of individual HP's)

Back on topic...

Don't know who Mari is but hey, looks good after Nooblets rate -- Uhh pretty ghost weak atm (as aforementioned FB Gengar)

I'd concider Choice Band on Magtar -- but thats just my personal prefrence...

Novel Trainer

???

Point 1. wtf?!

Point 2. Sure, Focus Sash works like that but how does Ratatta have the speed at lvl1 to hit a lvl 100 poke with Endevour?

Point 3. Endevour doesnt lower your foes speed - it just matches their health with yours (in respects of individual HP's)

Back on topic...

Don't know who Mari is but hey, looks good after Nooblets rate -- Uhh pretty ghost weak atm (as aforementioned FB Gengar)

I'd concider Choice Band on Magtar -- but thats just my personal prefrence...

Ratatta doesnt needs to be faster, the turn u attackhim he uses endeavor, next turn quick attack. But it can only work once.