• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I Choose Here! The Pokémon Steam Paradise!! (1029)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1029.jpg

I Choose Here! The Pokémon Steam Paradise!!

As they have been constantly having to assemble to take on the Ultra Beasts that appear in Alola, Ash & Co. are taken to a Pokémon Steam Paradise resort, where they also take their Ride Pokémon in order to get some rest. However, while relaxing, Team Rocket soon appear and kidnap various Pokémon. Will Ash & Co. be able to stop them?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Episode seems nice so far with some nice funny moments. Important thing is that the slapstick moments have been less so far. :)

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
And so it's the ride Pokemon to the rescue in the end! Have to admit that they have some really powerful and cool moves. :)

p96822

Evolve me please
this episode seems pointless and is just a filler. And plus I called that the Ride Pokemon would save the day, but no Z move. Also who really care about the Ride Pokemon if they have personally if they are not going to do anything with them again

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Altaria lol. It was funny to see that thing take Lillie with it into the hot spring and after having a bath in one, Altaria's wings shrunk and that looked so funny. Rubbing the mud against Lillie was pretty cute though. The Garchomp and Flygon race looked good and it was unfortunate we didn't get a result of it. But the way how the Ride Pokémon freed Ash and his friends's partner Pokémon was really predictable.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Hmm, I though this episode was pretty nice despite being a filler, the main cast had some good fun and nice bonding moments. Was nice to see the Ash and co. interacting closely with their Ride Pokemon. :) The best thing about this episode was that it had less slapstick and buttmonkey moments(Thank God). Trio's actics was....sorta cheap, but it was nice to see the Ride Pokemon blasting them off in the end with their powerful moves.

Pretty enjoyable filler this in my view, 7/10.

this episode seems pointless and is just a filler. And plus I called that the Ride Pokemon would save the day, but no Z move. Also who really care about the Ride Pokemon if they have personally if they are not going to do anything with them again
Who knows that Ash and co. won't use their Ride Pokemon to fight in the Necrozma arc? ;)

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
So, after a successful capture of Ash & Co. Pokemon and keeping them imprisoned for nearly half the episode, JJ&M still stuck around to capture the ride pokemon, only to fail later on and end up losing even the ones they kept imprisoned.

By the way, i think this is the first time i have seen JJ&M successfully capture Ash & Co. pokemons, without them finding out about it for nearly half the episode.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Thank you, Pokemon Sun and Moon anime, for allowing me to witness the rare sight of a wet Altaria.

A sight I shall now proceed to forget, because that's just weird looking. It's like a wet cat.

this episode seems pointless and is just a filler.

Not every episode needs to have "a point".

Sun and Moon is a series about having fun. And this is exactly that.

DatsRight

This wasn't too bad actually. I like the focus was more on the laid back parts (and TR as usual being a little too into their disguise, always much more competent in other professions). I admit I would have liked more of a fight from TR but I kinda give up on that, they at least got as far as using an attack this time I guess (they could have at least had Mareanie use her Z Move or Knock Off though, what was the point in learning her those again?).

It's odd they captured the normal Pokemon so early, I was enjoying their interactions as well, still I can't complain that the focus was more on the Ride Pokemon, who direly need more characterisation. Funny how most of them seem to relate more to Ash, rare case he instigates butt monkey humour for the others this time round. XD

Oranguru's cameos were random, and as usual Bewear turns up a funny way (always love those pause shots of the jaw-dropped twerps as well) and then forces TRio to relax. I'm surprised there was zero build up to the upcoming big arc though, not even a call from Giovanni at the end.

This leaves me convinced the TRio should have done more 'incognito' episodes this series, it would have left them with more of a gimmick compared to the other villains and a better way to bounce off of the twerps. Otherwise them and Team Skull are just too similar and they're just not using any opportunities to make them more challenging, not even with a freaking Z Ring.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
My highlights of this episode was James' weird disguise voice and that really cool combination attack they used on TR.

This wasn't too bad actually. I like the focus was more on the laid back parts (and TR as usual being a little too into their disguise, always much more competent in other professions). I admit I would have liked more of a fight from TR but I kinda give up on that, they at least got as far as using an attack this time I guess (they could have at least had Mareanie use her Z Move or Knock Off though, what was the point in learning her those again?).

Black Hole Eclipse. Nothing can escape from a black hole, not even light. Ultra Necrozma is made of light.

I'm calling it: Mareanie will save the day by defeating Necrozma with her Z-Move.

DatsRight

On a side note, Mareanie and Wobbuffet working incognito was funny, but boy the twerps are getting even dumber around those disguises. :p

I like when even TR's battle Pokemon are in on the wacky schemes (I liked Inkay-chu in XY for similar reasons).

Slapstick-Olivia

TR actually have pretty good disguises (sometimes) compare to the old shows. Back than they only needed to wear glasses and the kids would fall for that. Also, in this type of anime, where allot of people have a similar body build, a lot of of them do not need much to disguises themselves. Misty for example only needs to year a blue wig and she would than look exactly like Dawn.

D

Deleted member 384931

We didnt see Mymikyu fight in almost 10 episodes! Or even appearing!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I like that Mareanie was part of a disguise again
Other than that this episode was pretty uninteresting, I don't much care for the Ride Pokemon. They aren't their real Pokemon, rather see Ash/Gible stuff than him bonding with some random Garchomp we'll never see again once he leaves Alola

We didnt see Mymikyu fight in almost 10 episodes! Or even appearing!

That's part of the problem with Team Rocket this series, they can appear several times without their Pokemon in sight. Mareanie more than Mimikyu.... even Pokemon that came in late and don't show up every episode like Charjabug has appeared more than she has now!

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I see the cast are taking a leisure time at a hot spring resort. TRio are doing their usual stealing Pokemon schtick which isn't as common compared to the previous series fortunately. And of course not only the Pokemons couldn't figure out the TRio until they got trapped, but the cast as well. The ride Pokemons took their time to attack our baddies until they've been ordered to. Ok episode, the cast might take a rest from school and their jobs as Ultra Guardians, but it was overall forgettable.

Slapstick-Olivia

Even if it's not everyone's taste of episode, you cannot tell this isn't the best-animated series by far. I hope this animation team sticks around for the next generation.

I'm with you on this. I see a lot of people complain about this since S&M first aired and I really can not see how this animation is considered worst compare to the previous animes. I think a lot of people think art = animation, which isn't true.

Sure S&M has got a more rounded, a more simplified art style, but because it is so simple, the animators can work with this better. They can do more with it. While the previous animes had a more detailed art style, the animation was, because of that, sometimes very stiff and lifeless. Even X&Y was only really fluid in some rare action scenes. But in S&M everything feels very alive. Even some everyday life activities like sleeping, swimming or playing.

Last edited: