• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I Choose Here! The Pokémon Steam Paradise!! (1029)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The only thing aggravating about this episode is that the potential to humanize the Ride Pokemon will be lost next episode, because in the end they aren't completely part of anyone's team.

And the fact this is the first time Ash has seen a Garchomp. Nope. No way has he seen another one with an interesting background before he remembered. You are kidding me.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
You know, with a title like that I sort of expected that something of interest might happen here... But nope. Just a spotlight episode for the Ride Pokémon, whom we don't even see outside of the Ultra Guardians episodes and whose roles in those episodes typically just consist of carrying the group to where they need to be. Or, well, I guess Lizardon sometimes gets to do stuff, but they've never been treated as actual parts of the characters' teams so... feels a bit pointless.

...I think about the only takeaway from this episode is that that one guy referred to Yareyutan as "kare", thus confirming that Yareyutan is male.

DatsRight

The only thing aggravating about this episode is that the potential to humanize the Ride Pokemon will be lost next episode, because in the end they aren't completely part of anyone's team.

Well in fairness, the arc coming up next is Ultra Guardian focused, so this may be an ideal time to give the Ride Pokemon more personality given they'll likely get at least some focus and involvement here.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I enjoyed this episode, I guess watching them relax was contagious. It was simple and fun... I don't see why TR has to ruin it, thought it was pretty dumb but I did like how they were working as staff in disguise and actually did their job. They were kind of stupid here but I like seeing the Pokémon and their Trainers in action. The carefree scenes outweigh my apathy for the episode's plot.

Yareyutan really needed that break. I love how it was treated no different from a human checking into the place.

DatsRight

I enjoyed this episode, I guess watching them relax was contagious. It was simple and fun... I don't see why TR has to ruin it, thought it was pretty dumb but I did like how they were working as staff in disguise and actually did their job. They were kind of stupid here but I like seeing the Pokémon and their Trainers in action. The carefree scenes outweigh my apathy for the episode's plot.

Yareyutan really needed that break. I love how it was treated no different from a human checking into the place.

I take it with a grain of salt since they were at least helping with the twerps' development for a while instead of just interrupting it this time round, trying to help them treat the Ride Pokemon and liven up the atmosphere. The only thing I was annoyed they cut short was the screen time with the standard Pokemon since I like seeing them interact solo. Torracat and Turtonator wanting to relax and oggle Tsareena and their livelier team mates acting like annoying little brothers bugging them to go on the rides. I also like the subtle friendship between Marowak and Charjabug implied in some scenes, with Marowak carrying him around and playing in the slide boat with him. I'd love if this kept occurring, especially since they're pretty much polar opposites besides being their trainers' secondaries.

I feel like TR would work better if they did more episodes like this, working incognito and using their legitimate skills to help set things up for the twerps as part of the ruse (while maybe getting a little too into it). The XY episode with 'Jeeves' was similar. It's a more interesting villain dynamic than them just butting in as standard nuisances (which is Team Skull's current role anyway), and at least help bring out some personality from the twerps instead of being a distraction from it. I feel that since TR appear much less this series they could be doing more to make their appearances count.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
After watching ash's interaction with garchomp I am pretty sure somewhere at the prof oak's lab his gible must be crying in shock watching them interact wishing he could have suc interaction.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I enjoyed last week’s episode slightly more but this was still good all around imo. I understand the focus was on the Ride Pokemon (which I was happy with since it shows they’re more than mere transports) but I would have loved more interactions with the other Pokémon. Imo it would have been funny to see things like Turtonator not fitting in the slide despite Marowak’s insistence on going in it, Tsareena getting wet from being splashed by water after relaxing from the other Pokémon, or even something with Popplio considering its typing.

Still what we got was fine. Marowak carrying Charjabug like that was actually cute and I liked both Torracat’s small scenes with it not knowing what to do with Turtonator and it being skeptical alongside with Tsareena.

I do want to know how Turtonator didn’t break that chair it was sitting on. Those chairs must weigh a ton if they can hold something that’s 40o+ pounds.

DatsRight

I enjoyed last week’s episode slightly more but this was still good all around imo. I understand the focus was on the Ride Pokemon (which I was happy with since it shows they’re more than mere transports) but I would have loved more interactions with the other Pokémon. Imo it would have been funny to see things like Turtonator not fitting in the slide despite Marowak’s insistence on going in it, Tsareena getting wet from being splashed by water after relaxing from the other Pokémon, or even something with Popplio considering its typing.

Still what we got was fine. Marowak carrying Charjabug like that was actually cute and I liked both Torracat’s small scenes with it not knowing what to do with Turtonator and it being skeptical alongside with Tsareena.

I do want to know how Turtonator didn’t break that chair it was sitting on. Those chairs must weigh a ton if they can hold something that’s 40o+ pounds.

Interactions tend to be SM's best factor. I think it's a shame we don't see much of the Pokemon sparking chemistries between teams this series besides Pikachu and Togedemaru so this episode was a nice change of pace I hope they keep up.

I also liked Mallow having some interactions with Ash again at last, though oddly playing more the persnickety butt monkey that got annoyed with his antics in this episode (I guess being amusingly boring is better than just boring :p).

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
What happened in the episode which implied that he didn’t remember Cynthia’s Garchomp (or Sycamore’s Garchomp)?
He's just being pessimistic about it.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
So like Oranguru who paid for its own reservation ala a human, we are reminded of the fact that Bewear is just as human, paying by itself to use the hot springs. Though unlike Oranguru, it is established Bewear is basically a superhuman, reinforced by the fact that it can enjoy hot springs longer than a normal human or Pokémon.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Finally got around to watching the episode. Here are my thoughts as I watch this:
-When you first see the gang on the boat, it looks so weird to have Tsareena towering over Popplio, Poipole, & Togedemaru. I'm still surprised they didn't reduce her appearances like Turtonator
-Oranguru is my favorite recurring Pokémon.
-I love how Ash immediately wants to go to the Play Area.
-The "dream" with Ash and Garchomp really makes me wish Gible evolved
-TFW only the boys have to send out their other Pokémon
-Oh yeah, Mareanie exists. Criminally underused.
-Marowak carrying Charjabug = Top 10 SM moments
-The speechless Torracat and Turtonator scene. Yes plz to the guys' Pokémon interactions
-Only Ash would dive into a hotel tub.
-The Ride Pokémon following after him were funny. Especially Altaria.
-The fact that Lycanroc was with Popplio and Shiron while Marowak was with Charjabug makes me smile
-So they got into a boat just to see the others? Welp they tried
-Man, Metang stands out from the other Ride Pokémon. It's only one who has draconic features and/or a Dragon type. Plus it's not as expressive.
-Garchomp is determined to show Flygon that it's better than that trash
-Where tf is Mimikyu?
-Damn Garchomp is fast af
-The scene where they called out attacks was cool
I loved this episode. 8/10

KurashiDragon

Well-known Dragonite Enthusiast
I was not expecting nor did I ask for wet Altaria. I wanted to fully live in my delusion that its wings were actually clouds but this episode broke that delusion with no hesitation. 0 / 10 all of my hate.

But no seriously, this episode was pretty good. An episode featuring the ride pokemon who so far have been nothing more than..... well rides was a nice change of pace. A few moments I liked. Oranguru randomly coming to the resort was funny. Watching Toracat / Turtonator choose the chairs with no dialog was nice. Watching Altaria drag Lillie as it dived into the hot springs was funny. Wet altaria was shocking and funny, never minding the delusions I once had. I'm pretty sure if this weren't a kids show, the ride pokemon's combo attack would've actually killed team rocket. Where doee Bewear keep coming from anyway. Did it choose to come to the resort too? Why am I just now questioning where Bewear comes from? -_- Finally, "Yare Yare" XD

I liked this episode 7.8 / 10 to much filler :p

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
How does Turtonator lay down on the lounge chair without its spikes exploding? And how does Garchomp carry Turtonator like that without Turtonator's spikes exploding?

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
I was not expecting nor did I ask for wet Altaria. I wanted to fully live in my delusion that its wings were actually clouds but this episode broke that delusion with no hesitation. 0 / 10 all of my hate.

But no seriously, this episode was pretty good. An episode featuring the ride pokemon who so far have been nothing more than..... well rides was a nice change of pace. A few moments I liked. Oranguru randomly coming to the resort was funny. Watching Toracat / Turtonator choose the chairs with no dialog was nice. Watching Altaria drag Lillie as it dived into the hot springs was funny. Wet altaria was shocking and funny, never minding the delusions I once had. I'm pretty sure if this weren't a kids show, the ride pokemon's combo attack would've actually killed team rocket. Where doee Bewear keep coming from anyway. Did it choose to come to the resort too? Why am I just now questioning where Bewear comes from? -_- Finally, "Yare Yare" XD

I liked this episode 7.8 / 10 to much filler :p

I figured Altaria's wings are actually wings, but I didn't need to see the details of a fluffy bird turn wet and not so fluffy. (A wet Mimikyu is worse by a mile!)

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Where does Bewear keep coming from anyway. Did it choose to come to the resort too? Why am I just now questioning where Bewear comes from?
Some say it isn't a Bewear, but The Stig wearing a Bewear costume, or should I say The Stig's Alolan cousin wearing a Bewear costume.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I admit, I wasn't really looking forward to this episode, because I am so tired of cliché, predictable Team Rocket schemes, and their scheme in this episode was as cliché and predictable as the rest. The only difference was that the TRio actually succeeded in kidnapping Pikachu and the others early on, and Ash and his friends didn't find out until the end of the episode. But the TRio apparently swallowed a dose of stupid, because rather than take advantage of their enemies' ignorance and take off with their prizes, they stuck around to try to kidnap the Ride Pokémon. And that was their first mistake. Their second mistake was assuming a resort dedicated to rejuvenating Pokémon would leave the Ride Pokémon too worn out and exhausted to retaliate. :rolleyes:

Otherwise, this was an enjoyable episode. It was nice to see the Ride Pokémon actually given some personality and interactions with each other and their riders. The rivalry between Garchomp and Flygon was humorous. Altaria messing around with Lillie was also funny. Wet Altaria just looks...weird, like a bird that has been stripped of its feathers.

The scenes with the group's regular Pokémon were charming, too. The amount of fun Pikachu and the others had on the water slide was cute. Tsareena being a diva and lounging by the side of the pool, rather than play in the water, got a chuckle out of me, as did Torracat and Turtonator's reluctance to get in the water, true to their Fire typing.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Ahh, so just a usual episode where Ash and friends are enjoying themselves and of course Team Rocket plot to steal their Pokemon with easy to see through disguises how do Ash and co never see through them? I mean really? Of course Team Rocket does succeed in capturing Pikachu and the rest of the classmates Pokemon but instead of taking what they have, they wait to steal the Ride Pokemon as well, trap Ash and co in a net, and flee. Boring.

Other than that, this was a rather enjoyable episode. It’s always nice to see Ash and friends enjoying themselves. It was nice to see the classmates taking care of their ride Pokemon. I must admit I enjoyed the rivalry that Ash’s Garchomp had with Mallow’s Flygon. Altaria messing around with Lillie was funny, I enjoyed that and I got a kick out of wet Altaria. It looked so funny, that was just hilarious.

I really enjoyed the classmates Pokemon spending time in the water park. Seeing how much Pikachu and co were having on the water was so cute and made me want to go to my local water park now. So cute. Why is Marowak me? I would be that person at a water park who would try to get everyone to go into the water.

Overall, good episode. I did enjoy it but Team Rocket and their usual scheming takes away from it but it was still an enjoyable episode. Now I’m gonna go to the beach tomorrow and just relax. Thanks Pokemon!