• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I Choose Here! The Pokémon Steam Paradise!! (1029)

Leonhart

Imagineer
This was one of the few times in SM where I didn't feel like the Rocket-dan added much to the plot. Seeing the Ride Pokemon get a major role was neat though, and I enjoyed Gablias and Flygon.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Lol Lana: "It really gets around"

On the WTP they should have said "Altaria before it got wet" :p

It's been quite a while since we've seen Team Rocket's motto

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
"I wasn't sure if Flygon could even swim."
Well Mallow, just because Ground-types are weak against water in battle doesn't mean the natural element itself will have an effect on them like pure alcohol on Thrax. Same for any type weak against water; that's a battle-only thing (except maybe for some species like the Slugma line).

And here Team Rocket proves why greed is a deadly sin. They totally would've won if they left after loading their yellow submarine. Oh well.

All that can be said on this episode content-wise is that it's fun; character interactions were fun, the setting was fun, the music was fun, and since fun is what the SM saga is at the core, this is so far the best SM episode ever.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Why is Marowak me?

It's funny since he's Fire lol.

"I wasn't sure if Flygon could even swim."
Well Mallow, just because Ground-types are weak against water in battle doesn't mean the natural element itself will have an effect on them like pure alcohol on Thrax. Same for any type weak against water; that's a battle-only thing (except maybe for some species like the Slugma line).

Well Water-type attacks do neutral damage on Flygon since it's Dragon as well so I really don't think this is what Mallow was thinking of anyway.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
Well Water-type attacks do neutral damage on Flygon since it's Dragon as well so I really don't think this is what Mallow was thinking of anyway.
I figured, and I know Flygon's neutral to water damage. It's just that Pokemon who have a type that's weak to water tend to be stereotyped as being so weak to the actual element itself that it might as well be to them what alcohol (the solvent, not the beverage type) is to germs.

DatsRight

I was kinda interested in the subtleties with Mallow here, since it had a bit more to go with her interaction wise. She almost felt a bit like a stick in the mud here, she wanted to do things gently and a bit mechanically and was actually a bit irritable to begin with, but Ash, TR, and the Ride Pokemon slowly brought out her jovial side. She made a counterpart to Ash here who was just more willing to chill out and bond with the Pokemon, while Mallow, as the above quote notes, hadn't really gotten to known her's properly.

It kinda makes me wonder how it would have been if they'd went for this dynamic with her from the start, a bit more of a matriarch character that needed to loosen up. It kinda feels like they struggle with Mallow as a flawed character and just lose interest in her.

Last edited:

Vipsoccermaster

Good episode. I liked that Ash and his friends spent some time with the Ride Pokémon for a change. Team Rocket really did goofed by not escaping after successfully capturing the Pokémon, but I guess they stuck around for the Ride Pokémon, because for them, more Pokémon captured for them means more bonuses. Too bad.

Wet Altaria, lol. And dragging Lillie. All in all, it's great to see what Pokémon can really do when you don't normally expect them to.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
How many pokemon hot springs has the gang visited through out the regions? The first one I thought of was Cinnabar island. I'm positive there were more but that one stuck out in my memory very fast. As for the episode, I'm not so sure that Ash and company needed a breather and I think my filler senses are tingling. On the other hand though, it is kind of nice that they gave the ride pokemon some attention and the absence of big action did not bother me. Its fine to take it easy every now and then I suppose?

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
let's see..kanto, I think johto, hoenn for sure with lavaridge town, I don't believe either sinnoh, unova, and kalos, and now alola

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
let's see..kanto, I think johto, hoenn for sure with lavaridge town, I don't believe either sinnoh, unova, and kalos, and now alola
Johto & Sinnoh definitely had hot springs. I think it was the episode Pineco evolved. I remember the Sinnoh one had a girl who had Swinub.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
I want to see these other missions the Ride Pokémon went on to warrant a day off, because if they're trying to imply that the UG missions are anything remotely strenuous, then boy howdy do I have a bridge to sell you

I think that going on missions like preventing a giant living rocket from destroying an entire ecosystem, stopping two firework-obsessed monsters from blowing a continent to hell because of their petty feud, or battling/saving a giant light dragon god that can fire off lasers and absorb other gods definitely warrant days off.

Just my opinion.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
I think that going on missions like preventing a giant living rocket from destroying an entire ecosystem, stopping two firework-obsessed monsters from blowing a continent to hell because of their petty feud, or battling/saving a giant light dragon god that can fire off lasers and absorb other gods definitely warrant days off.

Just my opinion.
Because the ride pokémon played such large roles in those episodes :p

They were about as useful as the classmates in that regard

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Because the ride pokémon played such large roles in those episodes :p

They were about as useful as the classmates in that regard
the rides were pivotal to the celesteela one and helped a bit in the xurkitree/blacephalon one (though necrozma was a bad example, given that hadn't even happened by this episode)

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
Which was weeks and weeks apart

That's like getting time off from work a year after you did something to earn it

Oh well, such is how SM works - what fun is there in making a cohesive sensible overarching throughline when you can do whatever, whenever?

In REAL time, sure, but we don't know how many days passed in the Pokemon world between those episodes.

By that logic, the episodes of every weekly anime happen exactly one week apart from each other, which (in many cases) would make absolutely no sense.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
In REAL time, sure, but we don't know how many days passed in the Pokemon world between those episodes.

By that logic, the episodes of every weekly anime happen exactly one week apart from each other, which (in many cases) would make absolutely no sense.
There's already one massive time-skip after the Aether Arc during which the Aether Foundation ripped up the entire school to install the Ultra Guardians' base underneath it

I wonder where the extra Exeggcutor come from every time they launch the Ride Pokémon