• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I deafeated the E4 twice with this team. Please rate.

Pika ruler

Pikachu User
So this team has been the team I've used on Black, and please do not, I repeat, do NOT tell me to get rid of the HM moves, as they help me when I'm traveling. Also, I don't like using legendaries at all.

:503: @ Leftovers
Nature: Will get later
Abitily: Torrent
Moves:
Megahorn
Waterfall
Ice Beam / Aerial Ace
Hydro Pump

:508: @ Expert Belt
Ability: Sand Rush
Moves:
Take Down
Surf
Crunch
Aerial Ace

:514:
Ability: Gluttony
Moves:
Rock Smash
Cut
Fire Blast
Crunch

:533:
Ability: I belive Guts
Moves:
Mach Punch
Stone Edge
Payback
Strength

:528:
Nature: I think Quirky (yes, I know, useless.)
Ability: I think Klutz
Moves:
Fly
Psychic
Flash
U-Turn

As for the last member, I can't choose between Cubchoo (Beartic) and the following.

;334;
Moves:
Cotton Guard
Dragon Dance
Dragonbreath
Natural Gift

Changes in Bold, and please rate! I belive this team is really good, and I will take item suggestions greatly.

Last edited:

Sohryu

Be a Man!
ARE YOU SERIOUS WITH THE HMs?!
Altaria@Leftovers
Adamant Nature
~Dragon claw
~Earthquake
~Dragon Dance
~Roost/Aerial ace
Gurdurr@Life orb
Brave nature
~Drain punch
~Stone Edge
~Payback
~Work up/Mach punch

Pika ruler

Pikachu User
ARE YOU SERIOUS WITH THE HMs?!
Altaria@Leftovers
Adamant Nature
~Dragon claw
~Earthquake
~Dragon Dance
~Roost/Aerial ace
Gurdurr@Life orb
Brave nature
~Drain punch
~Stone Edge
~Payback
~Work up/Mach punch

Yes, this is also my travel team, that's why. I might not get the natures for those sets, but I'll most likely use that Gurdurr set. However, I'm trying to evolve it to a Conkeldurr, so a better moveset might be better.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Try Return over Hydro Pump on Samurott, you already have Waterfall for the STAB anyway.

chap196

Stoutland
Item leftover/normal gem
Nature adamant
Ability intimidate
Move set
Retaliate
Crunch
Thunder fang/wild charge
Ice fang/roar

Don't put take down use retaliate instead because I use stoutland as a revenge killer also take down have recoil damage, retaliate will have double power if your Pokemon fainted before you use retaliate, it will have 140 power plus STAB.

Just take surf out because if you want to use surf in a real game then take other Pokemon instead, stoutland has low special attack and you shoudn't use in a wifi battle

Aerial ace have too less power but if you want to continue using it you can. I recommend other move

Also for samurott I recommend aqua jet more than waterfall because samurott doesn't have much speed, but it doesn't mean you need to change to aqua jet, if you like waterfall more because it has more power then you don't need to change waterfall.

Swoobat
Item focus sash
Nature modest/timid
Ability unaware
Move set
Air slash
Psychic
Shadow ball
U-turn/protect

I don't recommend fly because if you use fly and your opponent change pokemon to metagross it will not hurt much, also it has less attack stat, but it has more special attack, so I recommend air slash

Shadow ball to kill ghost type Pokemon

U-turn or protect you choose by yourself but you may like U-turn more

Simisear
Item life orb
Nature rash/mild/Lonely/naughty/hasty/naive
Ability gluttony
Move set
Fire blast/flamethrower
Focus blast
Rock slide
Flame charge/acrobatics

Fire blast is a powerful move so I recommend, but if you like accuracy then put flamethrower

Focus blast to kill rock, steel type Pokemon

Rock slide to flinch opponent

Flame charge gain speed, but if you don't like a same type attack move then acrobatics or other physical attack move if you want, but don't choose a bad move for example Lick

This simisear is a mix attacker

For gurdurr, I recommend Hammer arm more than focus punch because if you use focus punch and your opponent attack you then it would fail. If you want to stick with focus punch then you need to put substitute in for your move set, it will work well.

Last edited:

Pika ruler

Pikachu User
Try Return over Hydro Pump on Samurott, you already have Waterfall for the STAB anyway.

I'll try that out, but Hydro Pump is pretty good with me right now.

Stoutland
Item leftover/normal gem
Nature adamant
Ability intimidate
Move set
Retaliate
Crunch
Thunder fang/wild charge
Ice fang/roar

Don't put take down use retaliate instead because I use stoutland as a revenge killer also take down have recoil damage, retaliate will have double power if your Pokemon fainted before you use retaliate, it will have 140 power plus STAB.

Just take surf out because if you want to use surf in a real game then take other Pokemon instead, stoutland has low special attack and you shoudn't use in a wifi battle

Aerial ace have too less power but if you want to continue using it you can. I recommend other move

Also for samurott I recommend aqua jet more than waterfall because samurott doesn't have much speed, but it doesn't mean you need to change to aqua jet, if you like waterfall more because it has more power then you don't need to change waterfall.

Swoobat
Item focus sash
Nature modest/timid
Ability unaware
Move set
Air slash
Psychic
Shadow ball
U-turn/protect

I don't recommend fly because if you use fly and your opponent change pokemon to metagross it will not hurt much, also it has less attack stat, but it has more special attack, so I recommend air slash

Shadow ball to kill ghost type Pokemon

U-turn or protect you choose by yourself but you may like U-turn more

Simisear
Item life orb
Nature rash/mild/Lonely/naughty/hasty/naive
Ability gluttony
Move set
Fire blast/flamethrower
Focus blast
Rock slide
Flame charge/acrobatics

Fire blast is a powerful move so I recommend, but if you like accuracy then put flamethrower

Focus blast to kill rock, steel type Pokemon

Rock slide to flinch opponent

Flame charge gain speed, but if you don't like a same type attack move then acrobatics or other physical attack move if you want, but don't choose a bad move for example Lick

This simisear is a mix attacker

For gurdurr, I recommend Hammer arm more than focus punch because if you use focus punch and your opponent attack you then it would fail. If you want to stick with focus punch then you need to put substitute in for your move set, it will work well.

A Metagross wouldn't matter much because I don't have Wifi, the mixed Simisear is a nice idea though. Also, If this were Wifi, I would put Natures(exact), EV's, more items, and I would put it in the competitve RMT.

Abbey Mae

Once you push all the boulders in, Strength is totally useless because the boulders stay in. Which leaves you free to try another Gurdurr/Conkledurr set.

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
Okay the suggestion are in bold.

Moves:
Megahorn/x-sissor
Waterfall
Ice Beam / Aerial Ace/grass knot
Hydro Pump/surf/scald
Scald has burn, surf has medium power, and hydro pump is all power. X-sissor has better accuracy but less power and grass knot gets rid of heavy water pokemon, but they are all just alternate options.

Moves:
Take Down/retailitate
Surf Any other attack if possible!
Crunch
Aerial Ace
Surf is just bad on this one. Any physical attack works better, but if you need surf then use it. As for the retailiate vs take down its more power or no recoil your choice.

Moves:
Rock Smash
Cut
Fire Blast/overheat/flamethrower
Crunch
Overheat has more power, flamethrower is the most accurate, but if you like fire blast then use it.

Moves:
Focus Punch/mach punch
Stone Edge
Payback
Strength/substitute/earthquake
Strength is only useful until you have moved every rock after that they stay in place. Run substitiute if using focus punch or earthquake if using mach punch.

Moves:
Fly
Psychic/psyshock?
Flashcalm mind?
U-Turn/energy ball
Okay I'm lost on this one. The only alternate option is Psyshock since you need the hms. Flash is only useful in certain caves so you could run calm mind if you want to boost this things s.atk and s.def and energy ball gives you another special move to make use of calm mind.

;334;
Moves:
earthquake/perishsong/flamethower/fire blast
Dragon Dance
dragon claw/draco meteor
Natural Giftanything but this./fly/earthquake/aerial ace
Natural gift is horrible Altaria is a better flyer then Swoobat so fly is an option and aerial ace also works. Earthquake is a third option that can replace either cotton guard or natural gift. Other alternatives for cotton guard are flamethrower or fire blast for coverage and perish song to finish an enemy or force a switch. Finally use either dragon claw to make use of dragon dance or draco meteor for instant damage.

Last edited:

Pika ruler

Pikachu User
Once you push all the boulders in, Strength is totally useless because the boulders stay in. Which leaves you free to try another Gurdurr/Conkledurr set.

Yeah, I forgot about that. If I find no more rocks needed to be pushed, I'll change that.

Okay the suggestion are in bold.

Moves:
Megahorn/x-sissor
Waterfall
Ice Beam / Aerial Ace/grass knot
Hydro Pump/surf/scald
Scald has burn, surf has medium power, and hydro pump is all power. X-sissor has better accuracy but less power and grass knot gets rid of heavy water pokemon, but they are all just alternate options.

Moves:
Take Down/retailitate
Surf Any other attack if possible!
Crunch
Aerial Ace
Surf is just bad on this one. Any physical attack works better, but if you need surf then use it. As for the retailiate vs take down its more power or no recoil your choice.

Moves:
Rock Smash
Cut
Fire Blast/overheat/flamethrower
Crunch
Overheat has more power, flamethrower is the most accurate, but if you like fire blast then use it.

Moves:
Focus Punch/mach punch
Stone Edge
Payback
Strength/substitute/earthquake
Strength is only useful until you have moved every rock after that they stay in place. Run substitiute if using focus punch or earthquake if using mach punch.

Moves:
Fly
Psychic/psyshock?
Flashcalm mind?
U-Turn/energy ball
Okay I'm lost on this one. The only alternate option is Psyshock since you need the hms. Flash is only useful in certain caves so you could run calm mind if you want to boost this things s.atk and s.def and energy ball gives you another special move to make use of calm mind.

;334;
Moves:
earthquake/perishsong/flamethower/fire blast
Dragon Dance
dragon claw/draco meteor
Natural Giftanything but this./fly/earthquake/aerial ace
Natural gift is horrible Altaria is a better flyer then Swoobat so fly is an option and aerial ace also works. Earthquake is a third option that can replace either cotton guard or natural gift. Other alternatives for cotton guard are flamethrower or fire blast for coverage and perish song to finish an enemy or force a switch. Finally use either dragon claw to make use of dragon dance or draco meteor for instant damage.

For my Altaria, that is just the current moveset, you can't blame me for that. I caught it a day or two before I opened this, and I was stuck with what I had. And are you suggesting to replace Swoobat with Altaria?

Sohryu

Be a Man!
^
Just don't listen him. After i see his Altaria Set, i swear i wished to kill my self -.-
Altaria@...
Adamant Nature
~Earthquake
~Dragon Dance
~Roost/Fly
As you may notice, thats the one of the few sets that Altaria can run.
Earthquake+Dragon Claw is resisted by Bronzong and Skarmory, and you won't find them too much -.-
Simisear@...
~Work Up
~Flame Thrower
~Rock Slide/Crunch
~Brick Break/Low Sweep
Work Up allows him to go a powerfull mixed set, since it raises both Atk and Sp Atk by 1 Stage ^^
~Nasty plot
~Grass knot
~Focus Blast
Or the Physical Simisear
Simisear@Muscle band
~Crunch
~Fire punch/Flame Charge
~Brick Break/Shadow Claw/Rock Slide
~Hone Claws

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
For my Altaria, that is just the current moveset, you can't blame me for that. I caught it a day or two before I opened this, and I was stuck with what I had. And are you suggesting to replace Swoobat with Altaria?

Sorry I guess I was rude I just can't stand some of those moves. Altaria can be an alternate for Swoobat, a replacement for it, or a teammate. Its your choice. I just find Swoobat a bit gimmicky/weaker then average and I would recommend using something else, unless you just like Swoobat. Swoobat's only good stat is its speed and I'll admit it is fast but it requires set up to do damage. Still its a fun in game and RU/NU pokemon to use if you like outrunning everything below base 114 speed (which is most of the Pokedex 621/649 not including Swoobat!)

^
Just don't listen him. After i see his Altaria Set, i swear i wished to kill my self -.-

Ouch I offer some decent advice (although I admit I was too harsh/rude) and I get this. sorry for offending you. (note there is no sarcasim in this post, I can't stand people who do that.)

Last edited:

awesome105

Use X-Scizor!
^
Altaria@...
Adamant Nature
~Earthquake
~Dragon Dance
~Roost/Fly
As you may notice, thats the one of the few sets that Altaria can run.
Earthquake+Dragon Claw is resisted by Bronzong and Skarmory, and you won't find them too much -.-
Simisear@...
~Work Up
~Flame Thrower
~Rock Slide/Crunch
~Brick Break/Low Sweep
Work Up allows him to go a powerfull mixed set, since it raises both Atk and Sp Atk by 1 Stage ^^
~Nasty plot
~Grass knot
~Focus Blast
Or the Physical Simisear
Simisear@Muscle band
~Crunch
~Fire punch/Flame Charge
~Brick Break/Shadow Claw/Rock Slide
~Hone Claws
I don't post much out of the trade forums, but this was very uncalled for. Just because you didn't like the sets he posted, doesn't mean you need to insult him like that. What is that achieving? This is advice after all, it doesn't mean he will take all ideas.