• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

'I didn't order f--k face!'

Clash

He's Back!
[IMG139]http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5898506,00.jpg[/IMG139]​

A BRITISH restaurant owner has been forced to apologise after diners received a bill with an abusive and sexually explicit message.

Ten friends dining at Joe Delucci's Italian restaurant in Lichfield found the message "suck my d**k f**k face" above their order for fish cakes, the BBC online reported.

There was no charge for the sexually explicit item.

Diner Clare Watkin told the BBC she thought the item on the bill may have been in response to the group complaining about poor service.

"I couldn't believe it. The bill read 'fish cakes', which one of us had for a starter, and it was written right above it - absolutely disgusting language," Ms Watkin said.

"I think that the way that we've been spoken to is absolutely outrageous."

"We actually booked the table for 8 o'clock in the evening, by the time they had taken our order it was quarter to nine and we didn't actually receive our food until quarter past 10."

Restaurant owner Nigel Langsdon told the BBC the message was meant to be seen only by kitchen staff.

"That shouldn't come out on the bill, so we've got to find out what's gone wrong there," Mr Langsdon said.

"But we have apologised unreservedly to the girls concerned and said that they're very welcome to come back and have a free meal and we'd like them to."

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23245649-23109,00.html

Last edited:

Sir Devious

Sir Devious
Well, some stupid teenager probably did it. Service sounds horrible too, so im not suprised he works there. That's one place I won't eat at.

Rave

Banned
Subliminal messages are rather interesting. Too bad Myth Busters can't solve this one.

Profesco

gone gently
Restaurant owner Nigel Langsdon told the BBC the message was meant to be seen only by kitchen staff.

And that makes it all OK.

This is funny.

Edit:
Rave779 said:
Subliminal messages are rather interesting. Too bad Myth Busters can't solve this one.

Heh, what would the myth be? Looks like it's pretty much all out in the open, to me!

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Well at least no one spit in their food....I hope.

Sir Devious

Sir Devious
Well at least no one spit in their food....I hope.

OFF TOPIC: I found a booger in my Burker Kind fries and freaked out and went in there and the guy got fired.

ON TOPIC: Why would he write that on the receit? How is that even funny to the staff? Idiot.

Naraku_Diabolos

DNC20/NIN10
Someone's been watching Doctor Tran too much.

"Hickory Smoked Horse Dickings...from a cup!"

duncan

This was stupid. I've seen lots of comment cards that sit front and center at tables with worse things written on them. Different situation, but I don't know why they made such a big deal about it.

Sir Devious

Sir Devious
This was stupid. I've seen lots of comment cards that sit front and center at tables with worse things written on them. Different situation, but I don't know why they made such a big deal about it.

Well, if your food was over an hour late, waiting sucked and then to top it off you find an inapropriate message on your recept? It was a cheap shot but some people will do anything to sue people these days; or atleast make a scene.

KetchupO

tωisted
Ten friends dining at Joe Delucci's Italian restaurant in Lichfield found the message "suck my d**k f**k face" above their order for fish cakes, the BBC online reported.
"I couldn't believe it. The bill read 'fish cakes', which one of us had for a starter, and it was written right above it - absolutely disgusting language," Ms Watkin said.

"I think that the way that we've been spoken to is absolutely outrageous."
ZOMG.
How sad is this -.-
They're acting like little children. Ok so the message should not have been their, but that's no reason to overreact. They're just words, and I'm sure the 'ten friends' weren't affected by it in anyway...attention seekers that's all :p

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I agree, it's not a big deal. So some waiter cursed you out, so what? I wonder what the other side of the story is, too. I remember one time I was at the beach with family during the week of the Fourth of July. We went to a popular restaurant, which was absolutely packed, and there were a lot of people in our party. So of course it took us forever to get seated and served. The restaurant was really nice and gave us free appetizers (really good free appetizers), but my aunt complained and proceeded to tell the manager that the crowds were going to be this big all summer, and he should know how to handle it. He said "Do you want us to give you free meals," obviously annoyed, and my aunt replied snarkily "That would be nice, yes." That really ****** me off with her. If someone had cussed her out, I would've laughed.

DomeFossil

~awaits new Sugi art
Really brings new light to the phrase, "What's on the menu?", doesn't it?

Rank up ^^.

Chris

Old Coot
"We actually booked the table for 8 o'clock in the evening, by the time they had taken our order it was quarter to nine and we didn't actually receive our food until quarter past 10."

Why the hell would anyone stupidly wait nearly two hours for dinner? Common sense tells you to LEAVE if your **** takes more than half an hour to get to you.

Ikito

Why the hell would anyone stupidly wait nearly two hours for dinner? Common sense tells you to LEAVE if your **** takes more than half an hour to get to you.

I'm gonna agree with this answer.

Azure Wolf

Reminds me of a time when a waiter dripped mucus on my bacon. Well, to us it isn't a big deal for us but 40-ies will obviously explode.

Best reply yet!

Amusing story.