• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I don’t like the new games or home, my rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

keithpetrosky

Let me start by saying I have played Pokémon since the OG games.

Now that Pokémon Home is out I’m posting my rant.

I’m pretty upset at what’s become of the new game system. My main complaint is past features we had for free (GTS with ability for Pokémon to hold items, trading) are now requiring subscriptions and payment. It’s solely for profit and takes away the fun of the games. Then when you account for missing moves and Pokémon, and expansion packs costs (wtf lol), it’s all messed up.

If this game had all past features for free like trading and GTS, all Pokémon able to be imported, free update to add expansions in game, and only charged to import Pokémon to home and sword and shield, I would say then these games would be excellent. I’ll pay $5 like in pokebank to transfer to a new game. Trading is what Pokémon is all about, to monopolize that and require payment just sucks the fun out of the whole game.

Now the home mobile features are advanced ideas, but things like room codes and making it easier to add and trade with friends should all be included in the games we buy. I would have expected a new game on a new system to have these fantastic upgrades for free, as technology advances I thought they were a given. This had the potential to be the best game yet, but Gamefreak/Nintendo screwed this up big time!

I’ve decided to not support the new games or app and will not be playing the switch games.
I’m only going to breed and wonder trade my old Pokémon in the 3ds in hopes other players find use for them that don’t mind paying.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Sorry, but this doesn't need it's own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.