• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I don't battle often.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Okay, I'm not going to lie. This team probably sucks, and I really haven't battled in a while...eh, rather than telling you, why don't you just take a look at it?

Heracross (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Focus Punch
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide
- Sleep Talk
*I kinda want more SDef to take special hits easier.

Camerupt (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Magma Armor
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 68 SAtk / 96 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Flamethrower
- Rock Slide
*Prediction has been off lately, so I may take of CB.

Weezing (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SAtk / 216 Def
Bold Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Fire Blast
- Pain Split
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
*Eh, I want Thunder>Thunderbolt to hit Gyarados and Milotic harder.

Flygon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Rock Slide
- Substitute
*This is supposed to have some Defense EVs, right?

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 136 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Light Screen
- Psychic
- Wish
*I wanted to be different -_-. Thinking of putting just some other haxy move there like Thunder or Ice Punch over Psychic because I can.

Skarmory (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Drill Peck
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Roar
- Rock Slide
*^_^ Does this counter DDPumpDos (sorry, I just really don't know the DDPumpDos moveset).

Well, first of all, a Choice Band Heracross (or any choice bander) should not have sleep talk unless you plan on getting put to sleep (which you should hope won't happen). Also, Focus Punch is a little risky if you don't have Substitute.
As far as Weezing goes, he should be able to kill Gyardos with thunderbolt as it is 4x effective. The accuracy is preferred here.
Skarmory usually has spikes. If you are going to be using him, you should probably have spikes, and definitely better defense. Skarmory is supposed to be a Physical Wall, not a sweeper. Maybe you should at least give him an Impish nature.
Sorry, but that's all the help I can give you. I may be an experienced battler, but I am not an experienced Rate-My-Teamer.

PatTar

yee.
don't lead with hera. too many mence leads.

HP Ice / Quake / Boom / Blast is a good camerupt set if you don't want CB. or you can replace with Mr. Blaze.

Bold is (+Def, -Atk). may wanna fix that.

Skarm is 2KOed by DDPumpDos' Hydro Pump.

DDPumpDos causes problems as does mence. you could try lomething like LSRoarDos > Jirachi, but your team likes it's wish support...

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
don't lead with hera. too many mence leads.
Haven't encountered many Mence leads. Mostly Bulky Waters, Regice, and Gengar.

HP Ice / Quake / Boom / Blast is a good camerupt set if you don't want CB. or you can replace with Mr. Blaze.
I may use that...Mr. Blaze= Blaziken?

Bold is (+Def, -Atk). may wanna fix that.
Yeah, I typed in the wrong thing. It actually is Bold though.

Skarm is 2KOed by DDPumpDos' Hydro Pump.

DDPumpDos causes problems as does mence. you could try lomething like LSRoarDos > Jirachi, but your team likes it's wish support...
Maybe LSRoarDos>Camerupt? Doing that allows my Jirachi to do pass a Reflect or something. When I'm actually battling, Camerupt doesn't do much.

Salavoir55 said:
Well, first of all, a Choice Band Heracross (or any choice bander) should not have sleep talk unless you plan on getting put to sleep (which you should hope won't happen).
Putting Sleep Talk on Heracross allows me to absorb sleep.

Also, Focus Punch is a little risky if you don't have Substitute.
I may not be the greatest, but I can definitely predict when my opponent is going to switch. I don't need Substitute. Besides, Heracross is holding a Choice Band!

As far as Weezing goes, he should be able to kill Gyardos with thunderbolt as it is 4x effective. The accuracy is preferred here.
Thunder helps to paralyze stuff, too. Besides, if Thunder misses the first time, what exactly will Gyarados do the second time? Thunder also hits Milotic harder.

Skarmory usually has spikes. If you are going to be using him, you should probably have spikes, and definitely better defense. Skarmory is supposed to be a Physical Wall, not a sweeper. Maybe you should at least give him an Impish nature.
Sorry, but that's all the help I can give you. I may be an experienced battler, but I am not an experienced Rate-My-Teamer.
It's a Choice Banding Skarmory. It isn't supposed to "wall", though it can still come in on some physical attacks. I know what standard Skarmory is anyway.

I have problems with special attackers in general.

Last edited:

parasectdude

Wants name change
Well, first of all, a Choice Band Heracross (or any choice bander) should not have sleep talk unless you plan on getting put to sleep.

Yes it should. As PatTar said, it allows Hera to absorb sleep, and Guts will be activated, making it pretty terrifying to switch in to.

DDPumpdos is DD/HP Flying/EQ/Pumps. Sorry, but the only counter is Zapdos.

You also seem to lack a decent special wall.

crudent

^ he's right. nothing takes a special hit here (except maybe Hera). Not enough type coverage. Skarm wants all the Spikes it can get. You can't set up on a helpless pokemon.

Hot damn, this team needs to be majorly redone.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Yes, I know that nothing handles special attacks too well. I'm relying on my resistances for that, really. I do realize I need a special wall, but so far, it's doing just fine without one.

Apparently, I should put Spikes>Roar on Skarm, losing my only real phazer without LSRoarDos. I don't know what it should go over, maybe Flygon?

I like having two electric immunities, though...

Edit: I'm assuming LSRoarDos is Thunderbolt/HP Grass or Ice/Light Screen/Roar? Are there any specific EVs?

Last edited: