1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

I don't get the hatred of gays.

Discussion in 'Debate Forum' started by Ridley-X4, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ridley-X4

Ridley-X4 UN-LTD AWESOME WORKS

I really don't. People say it's "a sin" or "an abonination of the lord", but what did the gays REALLY do to you? Exactly.

What do I think? I think that people like to pretend everyone has the same sexual interests. When they come across something different, sometimes it's easier to fear/hate them, then to actually understand. Presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee even wanted to make an amendment to ban gay marrige. How could you deny rights to an entire group of people? That's as bad as having blacks do slavery, or women not being able to vote.

If a tigress can get along with piglets, why can't we get along with gays/bis? You guys treat them like they're terrorists. Well you know what? I'm bloody sick of the discrimination and prejudice of these living, breathing, human beings. I'm going to kick reason to the curb and ask for a legitimate reason why. You say it's "bad", but how? How does it affect you/them?

Is being gay honestly bad, or is it all just because being homo/bisexual isn't as popular as being hetero? I think if you hate on god's creations simply because you're going to feel closer to the lord, then it's you who are going to hell. For prejudice. Hatred. And slander. To god's very own, mortal creations.

For shame.

2. Wifi Kid11

Wifi Kid11 Well-Known Member

#1: its REALLY DISGUSTING
    #2: it says in the bible that homosexuality is a sin. i see it as a sin AND a disease. and as a Catholic, i read the bible. So for all you gays who are going to flame me and what not now, forget it, your wasting your time becuase i wont be entering this thread again.
    #3: its disgracing the other sex that God put on this earth. This is one of the many reosons why its a sin.

nuff said.

3. Ridley-X4

Yeah, but that's like, your opinion, man.

I don't want this "sinning" BS. I want acutal reasons, you genocidal pig. Are gays more likely to steal, etc?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2008
  4. Blazios

Blazios Well-Known Member

Hear hear!

I think it is one of those two reasons. And the fact that this generation uses the word gay as an insult in the same way that cretin was used last generation. So a lot of people have an unfounded reason to hate. I think a lot of it is also just jumping on the bandwagon.

5. Bryloom

Bryloom Trains and such

10 char limit.

6. VampirateMace

VampirateMace Internet Overlord

Here's a list of whys for you, but I'm not saying I agree with all of them:

1. We have 2 genders for a reason... although we are over doing that...
    2. A lot of the hate is religious, but don't confuse 'I hate what you do' with 'I hate you'.
    3. A lot of straight people get hit on by homo/bisexuals, and it's a really unpleasent experiance. Expecially if there's 2 people asking at the same time...
    4. Marriage is a contract between a man, a woman, and their community, defining who may sleep with who. If gays want a union they should come up with another name, becuase that's what a lot of the stress is about, the use of the term marriage.
    5. People are scared of others because they are diffrent...

7. magnemiteZ

magnemiteZ Banned

It is disgusting, why though? I mean, Homosexual people are still as human as me or you, and still deserve all the same rights, so why should they be treated differently? People argue against racism all the time, saying it is bad, wrong, evil, uneeded, etc, but then people who read the bible will forever accept the fact that being a homosexual is a sin against the ALMIGHTY LORD, or whatever the **** else. Pretty stupid in itself when you consider people do not make a choice to be homosexual or not.
    You're saying you aren't going to be entering this thread again, I suppose making all flamings against you null like you rightly said, but this just makes you look more idiotic, childish and moronic. You're accepting one opinion, and not growing the fuck up and getting with the fucking times.
    And you need to get familiar with terms such as *** hags!! Besides; "there are plenty of other fish in the sea" as the old saying goes.
    Seemingly, I've been suckered into this stereotyped misconception!
    It is because people are scared, unaware, uneducated, paranoid for the wrong reasons and generally either old fashioned or retarded.
    It has also been proven that the most homophobic of us are actually repressing thoughts and desires towards the same sex, and are thus most likely to be homosexual themselves.

People who say they are Bi to be scene annoy me though :(

8. Ridley-X4

Oh, and another thing: People say that marrige is "sacred". Then how come the divorce rate is 50% in the USA and Anna Nicole Smith married an old man for his money?

9. Virtual Chatot

Virtual Chatot Circa 2006

Christians are commanded to not hate Homosexuals, but to only hate what they do.

Any Christian who would blatantly spread hate against Homosexuals is obviously misguided, and the entire religion should not be generalized as a hate group from one statement(s) that were made.

From my religion's perspective, it's because this country has become immoral and people don't care if something is sacred or not.

Its not the system that God set up which is flawed, it is the factors ( people ) in the system.

10. VampirateMace

VampirateMace Internet Overlord

That's a bais researcher's opinion. Checking out another person's physical traits doen't have to be with relationship intentons...

That's like the saying that people aren't afraid of height, they're afraid they'll jump... it's completly opinionated... and untrue...

11. magnemiteZ

magnemiteZ Banned

To some it is sacred.
    To others obviously not.

In my eyes, it will always be an expression of how stupid you are to commit yourself to one person for an eternity of suffering and boredom! Though my opinion isn't too great I guess.
    Immoral probably being the wrong word here. Morals are what drive the world these days, paired with "political correctness". Everything is thought about too seriously blah blah blah.
    It's more of a disregard for an old, pretty decent, tradition. Shame really.

EDIT:
    You don't seem to have argued the point at all, just depicted your own opinion over the top of what has proven to be fact. You yourself are either in denial, or really don't understand the whole study/have even read into it.

People aren't afraid of the height! It is the fear of falling from such a height that would co-incidentally kill them!

._.

12. Virtual Chatot

Virtual Chatot Circa 2006

What? :D

Proven by whom? That is the biggest load of Ompah that I've ever heard!

13. ndralcasid

ndralcasid 1st of da month

I'm so happy my church is open to homosexuality.... -_-;

14. Bryloom

Bryloom Trains and such

****ing pussy replied to me in PM rather than in the thread:

You still have yet to point out how exactly a female would feel disgraced by homosexual men or vice versa. To feel disgraced by something, you'd have to be a part of it. For example, if someone says that you're a disgrace to your family (which is more than likely true), they're saying that you are the part of your family that brings shame. So what you're saying is that homosexual men bring shame to females. People who are gay THINK they're christian? First off, I have yet to see a gay say "I think I'm Christian. The bible is fabulous!!!" and even if I did, you're still making a huge generalization by saying that gays think they're christian. Secondly, wouldn't them thinking that they are christian make them christian? Unless you're saying that by being homosexual, they are commiting a sin, and thus can't be regarded as christian. Well, you completely forget the fact that other sins are commited by other christians. So, by your logic, there are only about 5 christians in the world. And yes, I've read the bible many times and I would like for you to point out exactly in the bible where it says that homosexuality is a sin. Which book/chapter? You're 12? Go out and play in the sunshine and stop making a fool out of yourself.

15. magnemiteZ

magnemiteZ Banned

In b4 "LOL WIKI", but it does deliver on occasion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homophobia

16. Profesco

Profesco gone gently

A big fear: fear of the unknown.

That translates into fear of what is different. And fear can become anger, mistrust, and depression, among other things.

Evolutionarily speaking, hetero relationships had to become the social norm. Thus, when homosexual relationships are observed, they are observed as abnormal. They're different, therefore, they're feared, therefore, they're hated.

As poor a reason as that is, it does explain the homophobia.

These kinds of takes on religious faith do nothing to help the problem. It's more than just gays, too.

The idea that "our God is the cause of all good, and we humans are the cause of all problems," spans every decent, virtuous accomplishment of mankind, and removes from us the virtue of accomplishing them. Likewise, every single thing that is not enjoyed or approved of becomes mankind's personal flaw record.

It's a very divisive and self-destructive ideology. It depresses man, and turns him against himself. Religion can do much better things with its power. It probably should.

17. ??????

?????? That guy.

I, as a Christan, am commanded to love my neighbor. If Christians are commanded not to hate, that includes Homosexuals.

Those who hate homosexuals are goings against the teachings of the Christian religion. These people do not represent Christians, and generalizations should not be based on them.

18. Kaiserin

Kaiserin please wake up...

See, kiddies, THIS is the kind of Christian that I, as an atheist, will show respect for, because honestly, most are pretty hypocritical in my eyes for this very reason -- they do not respect everyone just because they're gay, or Muslim, or female, or whatever else they might happen to be that's not a white heterosexual Christian blonde-haired-blue-eyed male.

ilu. Really I do.

Anyway.

@ Wifi Kid 11: LOL, so much for "not entering this thread again". Coming in to state your particularly ignorant opinion and then saying "I'm not coming back to hear what you have to say or debate about it" is a gigantic sign of immaturity and weakness. And that PM was lulz. Twelve? As stated before, go play outside with your friends or something instead of listening to everything your parents tell you.

19. Sir Crocodile

Sir Crocodile Arcanite Reaper HO!

The Christian hatred of homosexuality is based off of books in the Bible written 1800+ years ago. This is when not much was known scientifically, and homosexuals were blamed for natural disasters and the like. Many teachings of the Bible are ignored by Christians, particularly from the Old Testament. The same book that condemns homosexuality (Leviticus) condemns eating pork and getting tattoos. Historical context must be taken into account. The anti-gay sentiment in the olden times was enormous. Racism and the oppression of women have ended (in America), both of which were supported by the Bible in certain verses.

Homosexuals don't get to select their sexuality. A homosexual is no more at fault for their sexuality than a woman is for her gender or autistic person for his or her mental state.

As a Christian, I believe in the acceptance of homosexuals as people like everyone else. I don't take every word of the Bible literally. It is a wonderful Book that teaches us how to live with good morals and ethics, but the authors of the Book were human and had their prejudices and imperfections.

20. Kabuto

Kabuto little punks!

I never understood the logic of these religious fools. If being gay is a sin, why did "god" create gays? Exactly.

Just like Hitler. Might as well call them Nazis :p.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.