• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I don't really get it

dman_dustin

It really frustrates me that there are two rules.

1. No posting the same topic over and over.
2. No bringing up dead topics.

I find it very frustrating that those rules are both in existent because they seem to contradict themselves. I can understand rule number #1 because I would get annoyed but rule #2 just doesn't seem to make sense.

For starters, not everyone and the world can post in the same thread continously, Someone new might come in like 3 months of the thread being "dead" and want to contribute to the thread amd the information they need to work off is right there.

So could someone explain how those two rules work together without contradicting each other.

Angeling

true love
Most of the time, people don't post in a thread that's been dead for over a month or more to contribute. Also, if it's really that beneficial of a thread, it would have been stickied, no? And stickied threads are usually immune to the bumping rule, depending on what kind of sticky it is.

At least for the 3rd gen generation, I usually close threads where the OP asks one specific question and it's already been answered thoroughly.

Number two is to prevent a mass of topics from say, two years or more ago threads being revived and pushing back the newer threads that may already answer questions. I can't say much for other sections, but we don't need really need a revival of all threads.