• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I don't think Satoshi, Pikachu, and Team Rocket will ever retire from the main anime...

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
The show has a higher probability of ending today than it ever had in the past. A lot of things have changed since then, nothing is obvious anymore.
Yes, but that doesn't mean it will end anytime soon. Like Chris said we dont know what Master is yet. Ash needs to be PM in order for anime to end. Also I am also on boat that as long as games sell well anime will continue.

Morax

King of heroes
Yes, but that doesn't mean it will end anytime soon. Like Chris said we dont know what Master is yet. Ash needs to be PM in order for anime to end. Also I am also on boat that as long as games sell well anime will continue.
When i said the 'anime' could end i was talking about Ash's story, not literally the anime. It's called a timeskip and a lot of famous anime have adopted this technique. Basically you fast-forward to a point in time when ash is already a pokemon master and show us what his life is like as an adult. The best part about it is that you don't require more than one episode. one can also utilise older characters and have them interact with each other while also giving them a well-deserved closure( especially serena, pidgeot etc ). No edgy 2deep4u plot that involves a world ending or other bullcrap, just a laid back slice of life involving all the classic characters.

CMButch

When i said the 'anime' could end i was talking about Ash's story, not literally the anime. It's called a timeskip and a lot of famous anime have adopted this technique. Basically you fast-forward to a point in time when ash is already a pokemon master and show us what his life is like as an adult. The best part about it is that you don't require more than one episode. one can also utilise older characters and have them interact with each other while also giving them a well-deserved closure( especially serena, pidgeot etc ). No edgy 2deep4u plot that involves a world ending or other bullcrap, just a laid back slice of life involving all the classic characters.
Pokemon anime is Ash's story. Anime ends when Ash becomes Pokemon Master. This is same as One Piece and DB. Goku is still main character and DB will end with Goku same with OP with Luffy( I think). As of Ash as adult, probably will happen when anime comes to an end. I mean Ash was 10 year old for 23-24 years, it's not like aging exists in anime. lol Time skip exists so probably they will go with that when anime is about to end. Pokemon is still high in popularity. SH/SW despite being "bad" by many, sold over 19 million copies which is third best main series after originals and sequels. Imagine if SH/SW was like BOTW it would sell close to 30 mil like originals. That proves Pokemon is far from being over.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I highly doubt Ash's story will end soon, if it ever does. If it ever does end I doubt the ending will be satisfying. It'll probably end abruptly after an end of some random generation in the future with no closures whatsoever besides the usual ones that happen at the end of a series (companions leaving, Ash leaving all his Pokemon except for Pikachu before going on another journey, etc.)

Psajdak

Like telling a can of soda that it is as good as fettuccine Alfredo.
I wasn't comparing their quality.

Just that in the world, just like how Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny are the most popular cartoon characters from USA, so are Satoshi and Pikachu (together with some Dragon Ball, and Sailor Moon characters, maybe) as anime characters from Japan - too iconic to ever go away.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Psajdak said:
I wasn't comparing their quality.

Just that in the world, just like how Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny are the most popular cartoon characters from USA, so are Satoshi and Pikachu (together with some Dragon Ball, and Sailor Moon characters, maybe) as anime characters from Japan - too iconic to ever go away.

That much I can agree with. If the writers were ever going to get rid of them, it would've had to happen before they gained a solid legacy. It seems far too late now, though.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I don't think the Mickey comparison is too far off.

Even if you think Pikachu, as mascot, still has some ways to go, I'm fairly confident he is danm close of beating the evil rat.

Just remember that the Pokémon brand was the highest grossing, even beating Mickey himself and juggernauts like the MCU

Morax

King of heroes
Pokemon anime is Ash's story. Anime ends when Ash becomes Pokemon Master. This is same as One Piece and DB. Goku is still main character and DB will end with Goku same with OP with Luffy( I think). As of Ash as adult, probably will happen when anime comes to an end. I mean Ash was 10 year old for 23-24 years, it's not like aging exists in anime. lol Time skip exists so probably they will go with that when anime is about to end. Pokemon is still high in popularity. SH/SW despite being "bad" by many, sold over 19 million copies which is third best main series after originals and sequels. Imagine if SH/SW was like BOTW it would sell close to 30 mil like originals. That proves Pokemon is far from being over.
I never said that ash has to go away lol. The timeskip can also be a spin-off like chronicles, origins, generations or twilight wings. It doesn't need to interact with the main anime.

I really hope that if they do end Ash's story that he should marry Serena and have their kid be the protagonist with the same Pikachu. Then again that should have happened after XY.

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
I think Journeys may be the end to Ash's adventure. I don't see a logical follow up for it whether Ash defeats Leon or loses to him (Keyword - Logical). If he wins, there is no one better than him. If you introduce someone better than him.. then what is the point of the PWC ? Losing also makes him the second best trainer in the world so I really don't see a way they can keep him going after his battle with Leon.

CMButch

I think Journeys may be the end to Ash's adventure. I don't see a logical follow up for it whether Ash defeats Leon or loses to him (Keyword - Logical). If he wins, there is no one better than him. If you introduce someone better than him.. then what is the point of the PWC ? Losing also makes him the second best trainer in the world so I really don't see a way they can keep him going after his battle with Leon.
1.Soft Reboot like BW is not out of question.
2.PWC is temporary competition tied with one series or two. Gen 9 or Gen 10 and forward could introduce people much stronger than Leon that Ash has to beat. Maybe return of leagues but much harder and stronger opponents and gym leaders.
3. Multiverse tournaments(like DBS) we have seen different universes in XY(mirror worlds) so there could be other Universes where people beat other Leons and they have big tournaments in order to claim who is strongest in Multiverse.

RafaSceptile

So people assume that Ash should get married with Serena when he never showed any romantic interest in any character except a CotD from more than 1100 episodes ago, amazing.

The problem with that is that we don't know exactly what makes you a Pokémon Master, it may be to become the strongest trainer in the world, but it may not be too, the only thing we probably can assume is that it is a part of it, and that is why Ash is interested on beat Leon.

I think they will not be retired anytime soon, they are too iconic to let go, that is why after DP they have tried to use different ideas with the anime (for the good of some and for the bad of others)