• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I find it nonsense that Ash is still 10 years old

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
I find it tragic that there is a thread for this. The anime doesn't have to specify Ash's age. He has clearly matured regardless.

I find it nonsense that Ash will prob get the 3 starters again:/

For all we know, Pokabu could belong to another trainer and Ash might not get Tsutarja. Hopefully...

But they never get passed Kindergarten. Which kinda breaks the idea of aging altogether.

What about in Japan (where the series is on-going)? What age are they now? Anybody know? Anybody still watch it......?

Could it be that when Ho-Ho flew by ash in the first episode, it could have given him eternal youth?

Ho-hoho. Or should I say, Ho-oh-ho-oh...

I wish...

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
But The Powerpuff Girls is an American cartoon series.
And even then there was an episode that showed that they did become teenagers at some point in the future, briefly as it may be.

TicoPokemonMaster

In my personal opinion, at least what I thought was resonable, that Ash would age very generation. Original Series 10, AG 11, DP 12, BW 13. but that was in my mind.

TicoPokemonMaster

Devastator2000, on a side note I'm impressed on your post counts. Just yesterday I saw you had brock and now you are at Lt.Surge.

To your question. Everyone wants to find a flaw, it human nature. Some people will even go to far lengths as to dig very deep into a subject to find a flaw, and if one is found they bring it to the surface and make a big deal about it when many other people would have never noticed if it wasn't pointed out to them

Devastator2000

Are you high...?
Devastator2000, on a side note I'm impressed on your post counts. Just yesterday I saw you had brock and now you are at Lt.Surge.

To your question. Everyone wants to find a flaw, it human nature. Some people will even go to far lengths as to dig very deep into a subject to find a flaw, and if one is found they bring it to the surface and make a big deal about it when many other people would have never noticed if it wasn't pointed out to them

Thanks. I'm aiming for the 1000's.
Anyway, those people can be just pathetic sometimes. It's like finding some little glitch in a game and causing a huge fuss about it.

TicoPokemonMaster

exactly you go on bulbagardens or Super mario wiki and you will certainly find a section dedicated to detailing glitches in a game. example I went to find information about Mario galaxy 2 and found a section detailing the type of glitch and how to explot it.

Atari

Did it on 'em
Ash is an ageless character. Or, at least, he should be considered one. While young kids may feel they connect better with a ten year old, some people may feel as if he has matured to a sixteen year old. It seems like this subject could just stay at personal preference.

TicoPokemonMaster

Like I said in a previous post the writers age Ash in maturity depending on the plot. If it's helping a beginning trainer like May and Dawn, we see a more knowledgable Ash. If there is no one to guide, Ash becomes the goofy and excentric trainer is was in the beginning.

Teshub

Banned
This should proof that Ash will never be shown becoming anything near a pokemon master. His progress is effectively nullified by the fact he is continuously 10 years old. And 20 years from now if (allah willing) the anime still continues he will still be 10 and on his 10th region.

This should proof that Ash will never be shown becoming anything near a pokemon master. His progress is effectively nullified by the fact he is continuously 10 years old. And 20 years from now if (allah willing) the anime still continues he will still be 10 and on his 10th region.

Dear god, I sure hope you are wrong about this. This show, and Ash's story in general needs to end. Seriously.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
It's annoying but I've gotten over it. They keep him that way for the target audience plain and simple. However it does make scenes where they talk about how many years it's been strange, I mean really your still 10? I don't have a major problem with this.

Teshub

Banned
It's annoying but I've gotten over it. They keep him that way for the target audience plain and simple. However it does make scenes where they talk about how many years it's been strange, I mean really your still 10? I don't have a major problem with this.

That wouldn't have been a problem if Ash actually did something else besides going to gyms and losing in the League. The show is stuck on a repeating loop of rehash. Honestly, I would have stopped watching the show completely if there was no Dawn and Ash interaction. So hopefully the writers make good with BW and bring up something interesting.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
That wouldn't have been a problem if Ash actually did something else besides going to gyms and losing in the League. The show is stuck on a repeating loop of rehash. Honestly, I would have stopped watching the show completely if there was no Dawn and Ash interaction. So hopefully the writers make good with BW and bring up something interesting.

Well if there's nothing your looking forward to in Best Wishes you might as well stop watching. Ash is back to his Kanto self and there will be no Dawn, and like you said the show is in a endless loop. I'm going to hang in there because the new Pokemon look awesome and I want to see them all animated, so this region I might not care about any of the trainer's except for Iris and hopefully Dento.

Status
Not open for further replies.