• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I found a 6iv perfect shiny Sandshrew today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garlana

I've just finished cleaning up my nosebleed that I got through sheer excitement and amazement (just kidding of course).

I haven't posted on here much but I felt the need to share my news as nobody else I know irl would appreciate the luck I've had today.

Ive had let's go Pikachu about 2 weeks and over the last week I've got into shiny hunting, I still haven't completed the game but thought " wouldn't it be great to have a shiny to beat the game with?"

Monday to wednesday I spent hours upon hours of my day hunting for a shiny Sandshrew, I must have seen several thousand of them and got a catch combo of between 300-400 as I kept changing strategies of standing still, continuously catching and moving from one grass patch to the other on route 3. I got pretty down about it as it just didn't seem to be happening so I gave up, walked into viridian forest and immediately found a shiny weedle, I caught it as I needed a feel good, it has terrible IVs and a impish nature (planned for sandshrew)...far from ideal.
I left it a day before going back to route 3 today to start my catch combo again and try and get this shiny Sandshrew I had my heart set on.

Getting to catch combo 31 was a cake walk at this point as I'm pretty certain I'm guaranteed to catch any sandshrew with a basic pokeball as I've already caught hundreds.

I decided then to change my tactic...rather than sit still and wait, continue to catch or move from one grass patch to the other...I decided to completely refresh the area continuously by running into the Pokémon centre at the entry of mount moon, exit, check the two grass patches then repeat. After literally about 20mins I came across the beauty...bearing in mind I'd spent about 20 hours over the last 3 days mindlessly searching..it appears that this approach made a big difference.

Once caught it I knew the nature was impish which I set through the psychic at celadon...but the most amazing suprise was that when I checked the IVs expecting best in sp.atk and poor IVs in att and Def i noticed that each and every stat was showing as best... obviously I paused for a moment and thought I'd moved onto my Pikachu who you get to begin with in your adventure with max IVs...but I was not mistaken...I have actually landed a 6 IV shiny Sandshrew. Ive no idea the odds of this, but I assume it's pretty rediculous..I imagine most won't believe me but I don't care as I know and that's all that counts!..this is the best Pokémon I've ever caught and I've been playing since red/blue in my pocket Gameboy (don't ask my age!)

If any of you are having little joy finding a shiny and are using the method I was originally using, then perhaps try the area refresh method (going into a building then return) to reset the route.

To clarify, I don't have the shiny charm.

Good luck all, I'm on cloud 9 at the moment....

Btw, any suggestions for a nickname? It's a female Sandshrew soon to be Sandslash.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Ah sorry about that
No problem.

I'll lock this thread and you can transfer the post into that one. Just copy and paste it into the other thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.