• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I found a shiny......It flee.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamesword12

I found a shiny Ralts. But it flee by using teleport. :( Must laugh at me.

darkriku2000

Ouch dude. If it makes you feel any better, I caught a shiny starly (by chaining) and forgot to save.

Hiro__

∞Melancholy∞
Ouch... thas one mean ralts. I feel your pain... i got shiny riolu once from egg. My platinum game resetted itself. I lose shiny riolu. :( i have no other shiny ever caught by myself, from my own luck/skill in chaining.

lucarioman64

Owww well it could be worst...you didn't experience the pain of seeing wally get a shiny ralts right in front of your eyes...and it was my dad Norman who gave him the pokeball that ralts should be mine!

KazMazter

Competitive
I have a story like that; back on Sapphire the Poochyena that you battle with your starter was a shiny.

I was forced to defeat it with my starter. D;

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Ahhhh... the scars. >.< I have a story similar to this.

I found a shiny Nidoran♂ in the Safari Zone during the days I still had my FireRed version. When I tried to catch it on the first turn, I knew the negatives would happen especially since this was taking place in the Safari Zone (meaning you obviously can't attack or inflict a status on the wild Pokemon... and also that your only options are to use the Safari Ball, throw bait, or throw mud). The result? It fled. T~T

Shephard922

Were it so easy.
I had a shiny Whismur use Roar in Sapphire once. Months later, I actually found another one. I caught it that time, and my game ended up corrupting anyway. So even if I had caught the first one, it would've corrupted anyway. The game was hacked/fake or something. Don't buy off ebay.

zenzai

Sweet and Delicious
T_T all of your stories are so sad!

I have a missed shiny story, though it's more my fault than anything else. Back when I was playing Gold, my favorite new pokemon was Sneasel. After I had beaten the Elite 4 and was training on Route 28, I ran into a shiny one! T_T However, I didn't have any status-inflicting pokemon. And the only balls I had on me at the moment were a handful of pokeballs and great balls.

T_T long story short, I ran out of pokeballs and had to faint it. Never ran into another shiny on that cartridge, either.

tito

I have a story like that; back on Sapphire the Poochyena that you battle with your starter was a shiny.

I was forced to defeat it with my starter. D;

Same thing happend to me the very first time I played Ruby.

I still think the worst is watching Wally catch Shiny Ralts. That would suck.

Zonn13

87% Indubitable.
I feel your pain, as this has happened to me many times.

For one, the same happened to me with a Ralts one time.

But... the worst one... was when I was soft resetting for a shiny Darkrai, and the shiny came up, but... I got distracted, and accidentally resetted it away. This was in August, and I am still hunting for another one to this day.

I also once got a shiny patch to come up when I was chaining male Nidoran on Platinum, but when I was heading to the patch... THE ROAMING ARTICUNO APPEARED. The Pokemon I was using was too low in level. Ever since that day, I've had this immense dislike for Articuno.

LinkG07

at least you didnt run out of pokeballs

*tears...*

I had just gotten Diamond on my birthday and I was on my way. I met Dawn in the second town and when I went back to give my Piplup a little training before going further, the first Pokemon I run into was a Shiny Starly... I had 0 Pokeballs. Zero. I was so sad I just ran away without killing it. The scars still remain.

Vpheer11

umm I never had a shiny b4 so I really dont have any sad story's like you guys but I did hate ash on that one episode for not stealing the lady's Kecleon D= got me mad

Rachael

I had a shiny Graveler Self-destruct on me once.

Reading this thread, I'm really glad I'm not that into shinies.

Some of those stories are really sad! Especially the one with the Darkrai.

I never had such an experience.. But then again.. I only found 1 shiny in my 10 years of playing XD

whit19

Fire boy
How bout this? I had a shiny Lotad and trained it all the way up to L100 as a Luicolo (sp? too lazy to spell check), along with many other pokemon at L100. That sapphire version, and my fire red version, are both stolen. Yay.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
I found a Shiny DUNSPARCE.

Dropped LG+game froze+no save = bye bye Dunsparce.

Status
Not open for further replies.