• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I found it to be the most evil of the generations...

What do you think?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MewtwosAdvocate

The Last Supram
To me, the creepiest, eviliest place in pokemon was Lavendar Town in the GB version. Scary. ****. They really brightened and watered it down in the remakes.

MewtwosAdvocate

The Last Supram
To me, the creepiest, eviliest place in pokemon was Lavendar Town in the GB version. Scary. ****. They really brightened and watered it down in the remakes.

Mr. Fresh

Slayer of noobs
I think the darkest was gen3, with Team Aqua and Team Magma unknowingly planning the destruction of the world.

pikakid

jirachi killer
GSC Were the best since they introduced Night and dark and they were pretty eerie.

Yogurt

Lol I guess you could say it was evil. The whole night and day thing as said above is creepy. Since you can't play it on a ds, the screen gets fairly dark on my gba. It's hard to even play at night because I can never see anything. But anyway, some of the pokemon were kinda creepy too. I guess the whole night thing was kinda on fail in this generation in my opinion.

EnteiFirecracker

Destiny Calls
I do believe that the first 2 generations were more "darker" then the most recent ones. It was probably because of the entire Team Rocket storyline. Like many people mentioned earlier, they did stuff like chop tails off of Slowpoke and such.

The more recent generations weren't as enjoyable. Ever since they tried to "kid" up the games to make the Pokémon franchise more appealing to a younger age group the main storylines get to be boring. I think this is why many people like the older generations more story-wise.

I agree. Story-wise I loved R/B/Y and G/S/C. The Pokemon were good and the storyline actually went somewhere quickly. Once R/S/E came along it seemed to take forever for the next intrusion to happen. The whole plotline concerning Magma and Aqua was very... annoying I would say. The climax didn't compare to the climax in R/B/Y or G/S/C.

Amazing Red

Yes. Because Team Rocket was trying to do better things than the other bad guy teams.

I never would have thought of the second generation as "evil" or even to a point of subliminal messages of Hell, the devil, and all of that bad stuff.
If anything, Houndoom and Houndour looked like devil dogs, but that's expected to come from them since that is what they are, exactly.
If anything, the whole idea just sounds ridicules to me.

mew801

i never thought if the 2nd gen being evil, it was challenging in some places, but it wasn't evil.

the second gen was evil with the introduction of dark type pokemon, alakazam would of swept everything

Fire Storm

This may get convoluted, but here goes:

The 2nd Generation was the darkest, but evil is not the right word. Even using this term, I think the thread creator's evidence is less than substantial.

Still, I can see what you mean, to some extent, and I think that it gave the games more depth. I hope I'm not the only person who is tired of saving the most recent Gens. from global warming/cooling/flooding. Not to mention how wonderful it was to have an actual rival, not a friend who decides he must hate you if he cannot beat you lol.

Supergalactic

Space Case
I'm in agreeance with Fire Storm that evil is not the right word. The second generation was darker than the first in some respects but dark does not translate directly to evil. Team Rocket themselves of course are villains and by extension are portrayed as evil, but while some poke'mon of that generation like houndoom have a dark appearance that doesn't make them evil in any way. Certainly evil people would be attracted to their dark nature and houndoom would then become associated with evil because of that but as a species, no, they can't be evil.

I don't really see how Unknown can be seen as evil at all? They're surrounded in mystery, sure, and are a major part of a dark story line but I don't see how you can see they're evil.

Last edited:
I honestly think it was pretty dark and scary-ish. Maybe it was the vibe that I got from the slightly faded colors and such...

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
Yes i think it is. The Magikarp being forced to evolve and TR taking over Radio Tower and stuff. But I think the Silph building creeped me out a lot more in the first gen

pokemeister

Life is Boring
How are all those things mentioned evil?

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
How are ANY of the things you mention evil?

FastTonyDeNiro

Wow you guys can't seem to understand context. The thread starter used the term "evil" but it's fairly obvious from his OP he meant more along the lines of "dark".

And yes, the GSC gen is a very dark series of games. The region was actually given a history, unlike in RBY. You learned about the Burned and Tin Tower, the Ruins of Alph, the Lake of Rage. You traveled through dark caves, forests, and mountain paths. There was the visual evidence of night and day, and how some pokemon only came out at night.

Not to mention the plot of the game itself. And some of the pokemon just seemed to have a vibe like you shouldn't mess with them. Look at Steelix's sprite, it looks like it's gonna bite your face off.

Oh, and also, your rival wasn't your god damn friend like in RSE. Your rival was an ornery prick who you really wanted to beat.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Wait, so the game is dark because it was based off of Japan and had some nocturnal pokemon?

And how do sprites make a game dark?

Oh look, Bowser looks scary! The mario series must be a dark series!

Status
Not open for further replies.