• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I found out something about EV-training and PC's+ question

Status
Not open for further replies.

umbreunatic

I had a tropius wich was lv 49 (it had pokerus, but no EV's), I wanted to train him to lv 50 only, so I started with a EV-training. His speed was 61 and I thought to raise it, I fought a lot of zubats, with my tropius (macho brace and pokerus) but because I didn't want him to level up, because he also needed EV-training for his other stats. So when I wanted to quit, I palced him in a box since I didn't want him to lose pokerus, next day I continued the training, so I took him in my party. There I noticed that his speed was no longer 61 but 78. So my whole point is that a pokemon doesn't need to level up to gain its EV's, you only have to put it in a box.

Now I also have a question, has somebody tried to EV-train his level 100 pokemon this way? And does that work?

mods I have looked at all the thread tittles in this section, and I didn't found a thread the same like this. But close this if it is useless.

Btw see for yourself that this is working!

mecha-man

< Is tha best
Yeah, I know this works, and there should be no reason for it not to work at level 100. I've tried it at Pokémon blue, as it's been in the game that long. However, after Pokémon Blue I found no more reason to use it as EV training and leveling up still works fine and I don't have PokéRus. It still works though.

DarkSpectrum

Shadow Amongst Light
EV training and box dropping/removing only work for non-100 level pokemon in the advance gen and only when a pokemon has gained enough evs to change it's stats but not enough experience to level.
It used to work on lvl 100s in the earlier gens but was fixed in the advance gens.

Pikamiki

PokeTrainer Miki
can this be explained further since i didnt really unerstand how this pc thing works?

DarkSpectrum

Shadow Amongst Light
Pikamiki said:
can this be explained further since i didnt really unerstand how this pc thing works?
IF you have a pokemon with a level less than 100 (usually ones caught at a high level with no evs), you can battle low level pokemon to give it large amounts of evs WITHOUT levelling it up. Something about the programming whenever you drop it into the pokemon storage box and then pull it out later causes the stats to be recalculated with the new evs.
remember... this ONLY works with non-100 level pokemon.
The only real useful purpose of this tactic is for usage of pokemon in level 50 max tourneys with pokemon caught at/near that level.

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
If anyone wants to discuss this further or has other EV-related questions, please post them in the EV/IV FAQ sticky, thanks.

-Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.