• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I Found You, Fuecoco! (005)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1241.jpg

I Found You, Fuecoco!​

Roy has returned to the Rising Volt Tackler's airship with the hope of seeing Fuecoco again, but circumstance kept meaning he was unable to do so before the ship gets ready to leave. However, the submarine run by the Explorers soon approaches the airship to try and get Liko's pendant. Will they be able to stop the Explorers and will Roy find Fuecoco?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Karnage

Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike
A pseudo legend like Metagross getting beaten up offscreen while Rockruff gets screentime, Liko and Sprigatito's first win also being offscreen, Zir just standing about... Must you let me down so early, Horizons?

Hoping they were saving up for next episode otherwise it's not looking too good.

Edit: Despite sounding negative, I did enjoy the other parts of the episode. Feucoco and Roy are so cute together. I liked the scene in the forest where Liko psyches herself and Roy up. And more off Amethio's personality shines through. The character writing is still very good, it's the action which let me down this ep.

Last edited:

YelST

watch Roukin
The crew being weaker than the Explorers leaves room for development later down the line without them being total pushovers at the moment.

I can relate too much to Orla, the whole cast is great but she stands out in humour and in characterisation.

Roy using the song to aid Fuecoco's attack was an amazing touch and Liko's self awareness made the scene funny as well as emotional.

Shame we didn't see Liko's first win but I imagine Golduck didn't even get a hit off with its trainer ogling Sprigatito the whole time. We'll see more relevant wins.

A three parter for Roy's introduction? Very nice. The episodes flow well and let the writers tell meaningful arcs. Next week is going to be amazing.

I'm in love with Horizons so far. If it keeps up this pace, writing and animation quality it stands to be be a very special anime.

RetroPokeFan

The tension really is building up now that Ametheio has got Riko and Roy cornered.

This was a decent enough episode (though not quite as good as the other four) with some nice character moments for Riko, Roy and Fuecoco who I just adore recently. So full of charm and personality.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I really liked 3/4 of the episode while the last 1/4 while good did leave some questions. HZ continues to do a great job at interactions and set up, and even with some questionable moments in the battles, the tension felt real. Disappointing that Liko won offscreen but I'm guessing Conia just couldn't attack catto and Liko took that opportunity. Roy's moment felt more questionable cause of using a song while Zir just stood, but atleast it was more to showcase Fuecoco successfully launching an attack rather than beating Rhydon. Amethio was sneaky at the end and really sets up the next episode.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Conia's duck jobbing to Nyahoja was not something I saw even with a type advantage. I kind of figured they'd stretch out making the kids more able to fodderize opponents but nope from losing to Mijumaru and being forced to run away using tricks to now. Didn't like that this was the duck's first appearance either.

Guess Weed Cat is broken as wrote the super charged Leafage off as the pendant/power of friendship. Also Amethio vs. Friede 3.0 with their flying Pokemon was a nice change. Also Roy singing to get this Hogator that sings to use Ember correctly, did I mention the title for its final form is the Singing Pokemon.

Telegraphed evolution.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Yeah um... What was with the action or rather lack thereof this week? Episode just went out of its way to not show anything... One would think that the literal main character's literal first win would be a thing they would make a big deal out of, but it just... happens off-screen? Oy. I mean this whole encounter is not yet over so maybe they'll make up for it next week but... this episode is kinda rough.

Morax

King of heroes
Yeah um... What was with the action or rather lack thereof this week? Episode just went out of its way to not show anything... One would think that the literal main character's literal first win would be a thing they would make a big deal out of, but it just... happens off-screen? Oy. I mean this whole encounter is not yet over so maybe they'll make up for it next week but... this episode is kinda rough.
I don't think that victory means much to Liko, hence it was offscreened?

RexRyder

Also Roy singing to get this Hogator that sings to use Ember correctly, did I mention the title for its final form is the Singing Pokemon.

Telegraphed evolution.
Yeah I'm really hoping Fuecoco fully evolves later on. It's too easy to see it remaining in its first form because imo it seems to give off the same silly-lovable energy as Rowlet or Oshawott, plus Fuecoco is the most popular of its line in Japan so you could see the writers being shackled by the popularity and keeping Fuecoco unevovled.

But all the singing really alludes to Skeledirge and it would make sense for Fuecoco to evolve as a way of progressing its talent for singing, getting over its reluctance to sing around others, and developing and strengthening its fire attacks. It just all lines up lol.

Anyways, I liked this episode but I have to agree with those that say the action portion was handled awkwardly this time.

Moni_22

Disappointed over Amethio vs Friede's battle being no resulted again
Honestly at this point I think that's a running gag.

This episode was weaker than others but still good, I like how Roy and Fuecoco are bonding and how singing is so important since it's related to its evolutions. Next episode seems like it's gonna be a important one, I really like how we're having an actual arc here and not just single episodes.

shadowF

didn't watch the episode but wondering if anyone can clear anything up for me?

Why didn't Roy catch Fuecoco? Is that saved for next episode?

Is there a hint what pokemon is in Roy's special pokeball or theories?

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
So far, I like Liko infinitely more than Roy. Of course it's early, but Roy is reminding me too much of Ash. Friede doesn't interest me much either. But I'm loving the evil guys though.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
WTF why would they offscreen Liko's first W?

Lot of signs are pointing to Fuecoco evolving but it's still too early to say.

Early SuMo also had pointed a lot of signs towards Rowlet evolving but it never did.

But then again Fuecoco has the Advantage of being a Fire Type (no pun intended) so maybe it'll evolve at least once since the Anime generally has a bias towards Fire Starters

Last edited:

diakyu

I don't think that victory means much to Liko, hence it was offscreened?
It's this, the battle just wasn't important. Liko winning her first battle isn't as significant as say when Roy does or when Ash did in his series

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Why are these evolved pokemon from the villains so weak? Amethio's pokemon seem strong, yet the other guys just get beat by a Sprigatito with one move, if they are more serious have them be strong too, being serious and competent and then their Pokemon being just as weak( or strong for plot conviniece) as TRs makes no sense.

Noy

heh, Liko though Roy was hitting on her for a moment. Roy is going to be that kind of character, huh. Liko's stress is going to be rather high, the way things keep happening to her.