• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I Found You, Fuecoco! (005)

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
To be fair, Conia probably didn't want to hurt Sprigatito and let her Golduck go down. It's not great for it to be offscreened, but that's what I was thinking had happened. I'd say that the weakest parts of this particular episode were the action sequences. They felt rather rushed in the second half of the episode, even when things were building up to something cool.

That aside, I think the action was the only thing I disliked about the episode. The character interactions were a lot of fun, Liko's inner dialogue is still really amusing, and I've really gotten to enjoy the Explorers/Rising Volt Tacklers confrontations (at least until this episode). My thought is that the next episode will help set things further in motion, both for Roy and Liko.

Speaking of which, why is there such a dislike of Roy thus far? Sure, he's acting a little like Ash when it comes to interacting with Fuecoco, but is that a problem? To me, it's not. It just shows how he's a different kind of character compared to Liko, being a lot more outgoing than she is/was.

By the way, I really loved the scene with them encouraging each other to fight. I think it would've been infinitely better if they both got to battle back both of their foes to the point where they'd be struggling, only for Amethio to charge in and attempt to take Liko's pendant. I will admit, this is probably my least favorite episode so far. There was some good setup and great character moments, but it ultimately did get brought down by poor action sequences. I'm hoping that next week will get us back in action.

P.S. I'm not really shipping Liko and Roy, but that little joke at the start of the episode got a good chuckle out of me.

I was lucky enough to be in Japan during the last episode of Ash and the first episode of the reboot. I was instantly hooked— and this is coming from someone who dropped off the anime at least 15 years ago. The refresh felt so needed and I was shocked that Pokemon anime had kept its formula for so long .

Anyway, this episode seemed ok. As mentioned, lots of misses that include Liko’s first Pokémon battle wtf??

I’m gonna wait for the dub to premiere on Netflix. The anime is dragging its feet now imo even though I like the premise of the show.

Noy

She's just introverted. That reaction had no romantic undertones if that's what you're implying.
true, it was rather tame. But her reaction and the scenario, is more or less the same. She thought Roy was there, just to see her; and she couldn't handle the sudden attention, only to immediately find out Roy was after hogator.

That being said, I agree with Sprigatito; Roy and Hogator are probably a handful.

Morax

King of heroes
true, it was rather tame. But her reaction and the scenario, is more or less the same. She thought Roy was there, just to see her; and she couldn't handle the sudden attention, only to immediately find out Roy was after hogator.

That being said, I agree with Sprigatito; Roy and Hogator are probably a handful.
It wasn't romantic nor was it meant to be. Remove your shipping goggles.

Noy

It wasn't romantic nor was it meant to be. Remove your shipping goggles.
you do realize I was agreeing with you, while simply pointing out the parallels. Maybe, tone down the aggression there, a bit.

So let's talk about friede's inability to keep Amitheo in check. or Zir letting Roy and hogator cook, instead of just grilling their asses (maybe he plans to do both.)

Last edited:

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
It's this, the battle just wasn't important. Liko winning her first battle isn't as significant as say when Roy does or when Ash did in his series
She might not have a keen interest in battling, but, like...
She does care about not being captured. She does care about her Pokémon's safety. She does care about not letting the Explorers get their way because they're clearly up to no good. All of which seem to me to be very good reasons why she would have a vested interest in fighting them off. And this was the first time she (albeit briefly) managed to stop one of them completely, without help. That... feels like it should have been a significant moment.

Ultimately I guess it's just a consequence of this episode seemingly being kinda glossed over in production, though. Like, with last week being Roy's full introduction and next week clearly being significant with the reveal of what's in Roy's Super-Mysterious Ball (TM)... something had to give. It's understandable. When every single episode is significant, it's not really feasible to have all of them be super animated all the time. Just a shame that in this case, it resulted in what feels like it should have been a big moment of character growth just being... not shown at all.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I do wish we could see the battles more and also dang the team is weak, how didn't a freaking metagross one shot those two losers lol.

Looks like Cap needs to train the whole team cuz that was embarrassing xD.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
I do wish we could see the battles more and also dang the team is weak, how didn't a freaking metagross one shot those two losers lol.
Volt Tackler's Pokemon don't really seem like battle-oriented mons, their primary role is to either live on the ship or help with the ship functions. Friede is the exception as he seems the only true battler in the crowd, so he's the strongest one.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
The episode definitely felt more slower than the others but it was interesting. Fuecoco using its singing to preform Ember kinda remind me how Lana’s Popplio constantly blowing bubbles was hinting towards Parimarina’s Oceanic Operetta. Love when they throw curve balls like that.

Judging by the Explores, I would say they’re more or less filling the Team Rocket role albeit slightly more of a serious threat. It was nice having some characterization from Amethio and seeing his cool attitude replaced by upsetness that Friede “wasn’t taking him/the battle serious” because he was watching over Roy.

I’m upset that Liko’s first W was offscreen but then again a lot of was happening during this episode. I hope this was a rare y but then again it’s been so long since a female main character has battled and won, that I’ll take anything. Hoping this just means they’re saving Yuyama genius and the animation for really big ones that’s coming out.

This episode was overall good though, nothing super great but I did find it extremely funny when Liko thought Roy came back for her.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
The episode seemed kinda rough in terms of art and animation, and the pacing was very odd. Like, they skipped Murdock and Orla's battle and just jumped ahead to the result, and they skipped Liko's battle with Conia and just showed us that Liko won off-screen, which is a bit strange considering Liko hasn't won a single battle so far against the Explorers, but now she apparently defeated an Explorers member with no sweat.

Very strange choices.

Trey pokes

Good episode. The lead-up into next week's arc finale looks like it'll pay off in a pretty big way. Looking forward to it.