• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I Found You, Fuecoco! (005)

Risrhayne

Pretty good episode in my eyes, establishing Roy and Fuecoco’s bond. I love how they’re keeping the theme of the most basic elemental starter moves being ridiculously overpowered.

Roy has a lot of room to grow and I hope future episodes build on his love for treasure like last week’s episode implied. It would be awesome if he was a history buff or something who learned about the world on his tablet because he couldn’t leave his island and is stoked to join RV so he can see those things in real life. It would help him stand out from Liko who’s in her head a lot.

I do wish Roy’s intro was a two-week arc like Liko’s was with a single two-parter and another half hour. I want these guys to hit the road already and get the heck outta Kanto.

I’m curious about next week’s episode being about the Ancient Pokeball because it seems like the reveal will be happening at the very start of the episode, so what will they talk about for the rest of it?

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
Dr's Summary - Horizons Episode 005 Review
Rating: 4.5/10

#The Good
:
- The show is definitely not slowing down for any fillers, that's for sure!
- I expect Sprigatito and Fuecoco to quickly become fan-favorites.

#The Bad:
- I think Liko and Sprigatito should have taken longer to work out their bond. I'm sure future episodes will continue to develop the relationship between these two, but the way Liko is speaking to Roy makes it seem like she's been with Sprigatito for a long time.
- Sprigatito vs Golduck should not have been off-screen. That should have been a significant moment for Liko, and the anime just brushed it over. It also places Conia on Team Rocket-levels of actual threat if a brand new Trainer can beat her.
- So Zir and Rhydon are just going to stand there while a kid bursts into a cringe "Hogator" chant and takes forever to attack...
- Even Amethio took a hit this episode because you'd think with how much Friede kept focusing on the other battle, that Charizard should have been wrecked by Corviknight.
- Not a bad episode per se, but I felt it crammed a lot of content into it. The animation also did not look as crisp as previous episodes.

#Thoughts:
- Ah, I see the Pokemon anime has already resumed the shipping bait for this new series! Wonder what people will call the Liko x Roy pairing?
- Friede is correct in general about Pokemon and human synchrony. However, "feelings" don't exactly come into consideration when a Trainer is catching a wild Pokemon that otherwise is hostile and giving a fight in order to not be captured.
- Man, the crew of the Rising Volt Tacklers and/or the other Pokemon on the ship are really not battlers. Conia and Zir wiped them out fairly easily; meanwhile, Liko the rookie somehow took out Conia off-screen.

Last edited:

Gingertail24

#Thoughts:
- Ah, I see the Pokemon anime has already resumed the shipping bait for this new series! Wonder what people will call the Liko x Roy pairing?
- Friede is correct in general about Pokemon and human synchrony. However, "feelings" don't exactly come into consideration when a Trainer is catching a wild Pokemon that otherwise is hostile and giving a fight in order to not be captured.
- Man, the crew of the Rising Volt Tacklers and/or the other Pokemon on the ship are really not battlers. Conia and Zir wiped them out fairly easily; meanwhile, Liko the rookie somehow took out Conia off-screen.
Great review, I agree with alot you said

Regarding Pokemon feelings when getting captured, the last episode addressed that. Pokemon usually battle a trainer in the wild to test if they would be a suitable partner. It's still a shaky explanation but they did address it

Blood Red

【推しの子】
lol doesn't seem like Riko's role as a battler is gonna get much focus if this is how they treated her first win. Then again, it doesn't really seem like there's gonna be much of an overarching 'goal' for either of these characters beyond just bonding with their Pokémon, which is...well, I guess we'll see.

Also, I see what they did with the streamer's line about the power of science ;)

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
lol doesn't seem like Riko's role as a battler is gonna get much focus if this is how they treated her first win. Then again, it doesn't really seem like there's gonna be much of an overarching 'goal' for either of these characters beyond just bonding with their Pokémon, which is...well, I guess we'll see.
Well, they're introducing gyms and Champion rank Nemona in ep10, so never say never.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
#The Bad:
- I think Liko and Sprigatito should have taken longer to work out their bond. I'm sure future episodes will continue to develop the relationship between these two, but the way Liko is speaking to Roy makes it seem like she's been with Sprigatito for a long time.
Because she has. A few months at least, since there's a timeskip in the first episode from the first day of school to summer break.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Managed to catch up with this episode finally
I understand the frustrations with the chaotic battle mess this episode, but honestly I dont mind Golduck being offscreened coz it wasnt meant to be serious anyway, although it IS disappointing that is Liko's first W
But overall I liked this ep much better than ep6 tbh, Roy and Fuecoco are really endearing to me and Im already drawn more to their bond then Liko and Sprigatito

I really wish ep4&5 could have been another one hour long episode like 1&2 was, coz 1-3 and 4-6 have quite similar structure to get our main protags rolling. Ep6 just felt like a rushjob of a conclusion to this ep's cliffhanger and then just setup for future episodes. The capture segment didnt do much for me there coz ep5 already covered and cemented Roy and Fuecoco for me

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
No, you forgot to post an essay... AGAIN.
Of course Roy would attempt to sneak onto the RVT ship to see Fuecoco considering the two had formed a bond stemming from the previous episode, though on the flipside, Friede does bring up a good point, the desire to become partners being a two way street, and being inconsiderate of a pokemon's feelings could result in the pokemon potentially disobeying you.
I liked that the food Roy's grandpa was offering just so happened to provide inspiration as to how to solve the problem the RVT had with their ship, and it's also nice to see wild Pokemon being treated as valued members of society which shows you don't have to catch a Pokemon to form a bond with it.
The one thing about Nidothing's vid in this episode that I found amusing was when they were talking about the Master Ball, especially after the Whiscash incident in AG.
Regarding the latest conflict with the Explorers, I have opinions on this on all three fronts. First of all, despite the assault, the crew still managed to get the ship repaired by utilising the bug types, that aside (as that wasn't point one), Conia being off-screened did a disservice to Liko with it being her first battle W. Point two, Zir simply standing there waiting for Roy to attempt to attack, kinda silly if you ask me, though it would've been a male genitalia move if he was like "Oh sod this, just Rock Blast the damn thing." Finally to Amethio, he made a point of having his opponent keep an eye on him, but alas Friede got invested in Roy's battle and that gave Amethio the opportunity to head towards their target.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
That joke where Liko believed Roy was flirting with her makes this episode 10/10.

Starswirl Pikachu

(sighs) I like where this is going but I cant quite say that it is "good" yet either. Sure there is some character building and thats great and all but the pacing is still not right. For example they have tremendous freedom in having an airship but it needs repairs already. Which is technically fine but isn't that way too overpowered for trainers to get so close to the beginning of their travels? Even though I say that, its presence does remind me a little of Eureka 7 so its almost a positive but its still unclear how much story impact this setup will have.

I also don't think its particularly fair to the villains how much plot armor Liko and friends seem to have. There is some dramatic tension but it does not feel like the heroes can lose in this encounter, the grunt that was challenging Sprigatito was defeated off screen, are their opponents really that weak? Even though the kidnappers do manage to cause some damage among the crew, I don't get the sense that their plan will succeed, I mean not really. Although maybe that could be credited to Liko having bodyguards, so somehow its good and bad at the same time? (from a story perspective)

A decent episode for Roy though.