• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I Got Pikachu! (1124)

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Just rewatched, did Go really just run up that cliff without breaking a sweat just to grab his (originally) Pikachu ? talk about taking in Ash's superhuman traits kek. Guess he didn't skip Leg Day as well.

Last edited:

Zweilous

Go-ing for Gold
I was going in, expecting to hate this episode. Sadly, I ended up liking it. It had a few "WTF" moments I really like seeing from Pokemon: Go's Pikachu chasing Ash's, Go running up the side of a cliff, the fat Pikachu, Team Rocket's car flying, and the Pikachu totem. Loved 'em.

Great to see Minccino in action, and doing so well. It's one of my favorite Pokemon and I always felt like it was underutilized. It mostly existed as a background mon in BW. Wish we got better moves for it, though. Triple Axle or Bullet Seed would have been great.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
This episode was really enjoyable. There were a lot of funny moments, also Goh's Raichu is adorable, I really hope we see more of her!! Her longer tail is perfect for carrying and dispensing treats.

Anyone see Riolu and G.Farfetch'd in this episode? Dragonite and Gengar were shown but those 2 seems to be missing. Even Ash only have Pikachu when he went out that he had to battle Minchino by himself when Pikachu is captured.

dman_dustin

I think this episode kind of confirmed something.

Go doesn't necessarily need to get a living Pokedex. So he can literally just caught Pokemon and have them evolve into their final forms if necessary, if they bother to do that. Since they only did that with Wurmple all the way to Dustox.

I know that the whole Dustox should've already proven that point, but I think this episode more explicitly confirms it since Go doesn't seem all that interested in catching a Pikachu just for the sake of having a Pikachu now that he has Raichu.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Just rewatched, did Go really just run up that cliff without breaking a sweat just to grab his (originally) Pikachu ? talk about taking in Ash's superhuman traits kek. Guess he didn't skip Leg Day as well.
I loved that scene. Sure it made no logical sense, but it was hilarious.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Oh wait, I forgot to mention, Sobble actually didn’t cry when it smacked in the face.

Sobble was being strong so his big brother Raboot would be proud of him.

"Did you see, big bro, I took that one in the face and I didn't cry"

*Raboot smiles and gives a thumbs up even if he doesn't have fingers*

Go running up the side of a cliff

Guess all that work up in the Magikarp Jump episode paid off.

Great to see Minccino in action, and doing so well. It's one of my favorite Pokemon and I always felt like it was underutilized. It mostly existed as a background mon in BW. Wish we got better moves for it, though. Triple Axle or Bullet Seed would have been great.

Same here. My only dissapointment is seeing TR use it.

To this day, I'm dissapointed Ash didn't get that Minccino in BW.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Not gonna lie, the last thing I expected to see was a group of Pikachu mining for Thunder Stones.
That evolution tease though, Ash getting concerned that his Pikachu evolved only for the chase to continue anyway. I knew Ash's Pikachu wasn't going to evolve, but at least we finally see a female Raichu without the tail tip, and it's the first time since Brock's Lombre 741 episodes ago that a main character's pokemon evolves via a stone.
Also, Go clearly hasn't skipped leg day when he ran up that steep cliff to take back Pikachu, that was amusing.

Jessie: Can these cute pokemon do anything?
Me: Silly Jessie, they wouldn't be in the vending machine if they couldn't. Also let's not forget the amount of times she got beat by Dawn's Buneary (like in the Grand Festival for instance).

One other thing I liked was that TR's Pikachu van reminded me of some of TR's old mechas, immune to one or two things (like electric attacks), but vulnerable to everything else. In this case, the van was Pikachu-proof but seemingly not Raichu-proof.

dman_dustin

He was disappointed with raichu since the reason he wanted one in the first place was to emulate Ash and Pikachu’s bond

...which his raboot and sobble were already doing because Go never interacts with them

That was my point. He was disappointed because he wanted Pikachu but it evolved.

If he cared about a living dex he would've just caught another Pikachu and he wouldn't have been disappointed unless it was about THAT specific Pikachu but it still exists just as a Raichu so caring that its not a Pikachu seems to be besides the point.

You can't want a bond with a specific Pokemon but also be upset about its form unless you're being superficial.

You either care about a specific species of Pokemon or a specific Pokemon, you don't get both, unless you're superficial.

So Go being upset seems to me that he doesn't want a living dex but just wants Pokemon registered with obvious exception to forms of Pokemon like Flabebe.

Otherwise he'd probably just catch another Pikachu. But since it seems Go is disappointed it means he's upset that he won't have a Pikachu to have a bond with like Ash hence it should mean "no living dex"

But maybe Go is superficial which throws my whole argument away.

Icy-Snowflake

The episode was nice. Buneary and Raichu have switched their positions now. Bunny vs bunny was also good. Minccino being used in this battle was delightful. Goh climbing the cliff to bring Pikachu, Ash evading Minccino's attacks, Raichu offering a lot of berries were all funny.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I know the real reason is just to give TR random pokemon to showcase, but I wonder if they will ever give an explanation as to why the gacha machine only releases a couple pokemon at a time. Giovanni shouldn't care about following battle rules when it comes to robbing people, and with that device TR in theory always have a small army of pokemon available that will obey them. I kind of wish it was just some kind of mobile teleporter rather than having all the pokemon already in it, that it can only teleport a few pokemon to TR before having to recharge.

Opal Pikachu13

I think we all knew that Ash's Pikachu would not evolve, and that it was another male Pikachu that evolved, with the chase of Ash and Go's Pikachus continuing. It also was predictable that Go's Pikachu would evolve into Raichu, but it was great the way she did though, to save Ash's Pikachu and the other Pikachus from Team Rocket. Team Rocket having cute Pokemon that were strong was surprising though, a Buneary and Minccino. The moments where Go ran and grabbed his Pikachu from the mountain, the fat Pikachu, and Ash battling the Minccino himself and not with one of his other Pokemon were hilarious, as well as Go's Pikachu/Raichu offering berries, even to Team Rocket, which led to Go quickly running to the mountain to get his Pikachu. Definitely was a good episode to watch.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Goh just became Ash's first traveling companion to ever catch a Pikachu!

Goh gets superhuman running abilities when he's facing TR, just like Ash used to in AG

LOL at Ash running away from Minccino

Because I'm tired of Kantonian Raichu focus when Alolan Raichu is being ignored.

Yeah but this is actually the first Kanto Raichu in the history of the anime to be portrayed positively

Hey check that out, Goh did capture white Flabebe.. and they remembered he has an Exeggcute. What a day..

Oh and that Raichu is cute.

and I didn't even remember that he has an Exeggcute lol