• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I Got Pikachu! (1124)

Red and Blue

Stupid Gengar appearance. Even Dragonite showed up, but oh because Gengar said its name.......

Stupid Kantonian Raichu......

Stupid episode.....

But there you go mystery solved. Go has a Stupid Kantonian Raichu.....that's why its not in the opening.

Edit: Go's Pikachu was better as a Pikachu.
What's wrong with Kantonian Raichu? Even if you wanted him to get Alolan Raichu he could still technically catch one in Alola

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Raboot giving Sobble food

Showing it on all its wholesome, cutesy glory:

689f7d1352696290.png

Raboot: Is it good, little bro?
Sobble: That's great, thanks big bro

Awnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Honestly really enjoyed this episode! Pretty much every scene with any pikachu or raichu in it was just downright adorable. They clearly wanted adorable to be the theme when they give TRio two of the most adorable pokemon to fight and it ends up being one big adorable episode! Didn't think i'd chuckle so much or smile as much as I did during this. Very happy they got the Go capture out of the way immediately and that he ended up with a raichu! The raichu was cuter as a pikachu but I still love raichu and am so happy that Go caught a cute one.

As for the gengar appearance thing everyone is worked up about, this is hardly the episode to complain when next episode it looks like we're getting 3 pwc battles ALL with you know who... Riolu
And Riolu loses all 3 lmao. Battle record will now be 2W-4L lmao.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Yeah, for more Sobble & Raboot bromance. They should keep doing those kind of relationships.

Go's Raichu like wants to share that berry to everyone, even bad guys like TRio, even though it didn't recognize them as ones, until they stole Pikachus with their vacuum car. Also, it seems that it had the habit to share a little bit too much of that berry, when Raboot and Pikachu ran away at the end of the episode.

Really like that Minccino and Buneary are intimidating and competent despite their cute appearences. Wished one of them was Pachirisu for the Pokemon Tournament 2014 callback. Oh and they did nothing when they were about to blast away with the rest of the TRio.

Pikachus assembling themselves as a tower was pretty neat. Wished it was a high as a skycraper (at least 150 meters) for the imposing factor but that would require way too many Pikachus.

Fun episode. Sure, I stated that I disliked Pikachu before, but it was mostly from Ash's, and at least it wasn't the one who actually saved the day.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I thought their gacha mons would've been something like Pikachu clones but Buneary appearing was a cute nod to Dawn's.

Raichu was pretty enjoyable as, for once, it wasn't introduced just to try and one up Pikachu.

Favorite part of the episode was the Raboot and Sobble scenes. I still would've preferred if Ash caught either one but I don't mind when they get to interact like this. Most starters in the anime are just bickering rivals or have no chemistry whatsoever.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Favorite part of the episode was the Raboot and Sobble scenes. I still would've preferred if Ash caught either one but I don't mind when they get to interact like this. Most starters in the anime are just bickering rivals or have no chemistry whatsoever.

Bulbasaur & Squirtle? Popplio & Litten? Froakie & Fenniken?

GhostTyper101

Ghost Enthusiast
So, overall this was a cute episode. I'm fine with how it played out, glad they didn't make the fem pikachu have an obnoxious crush and be pushy about pikachu. Very cute. Glad it evolved too since I think Raichu is super cute.

Sobble Raboot interactions were cute.

I feel like this episode and last weeks should have swapped place so his losing streak is more immediate after his loss to Bea. Oh well.

Well Gengar fans, was it worth the wait?

I was pleasantly surprised to see him. I've been wondering where he was. Gengar is so neglected, at least with Dragonite we see him flying around in the park at times. What's the point in having a Gengar if you don't use him. At least he was cute eating a berry. I just wish he would be shown more, if not used in battles.

A little pet peeve, we see Ash fighting the Minccino himself because Pikachu is taken. Why does he not have any other Pokemon?? It would at least make sense if he had Riolu considering how much that thing is clinging to him. It would have been a good chance to show another Pokemon for a bit.

I don't want Ash to get 6+ Pokemon this series. It doesn't know how to balance them. I wouldn't be so mad if he was using them for the minor PWC battles or against TR but he's not

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Gou: Since when the heck does Raboot share food and smile like that?

Seriously I swear this could easily be used as a Meme Format lol

Goh's face looks more like "wish I could get to see those smiles at me as well"

dman_dustin

What's wrong with Kantonian Raichu? Even if you wanted him to get Alolan Raichu he could still technically catch one in Alola

Because I'm tired of Kantonian Raichu focus when Alolan Raichu is being ignored.

We still likely have to deal with Lt. Surge's Kantonian Raichu, so the less of it the better.

NOPE couldn't wait till the Alola episode, here's Kantonian Raichu because Go can't have a Pikachu for more than an episode. And it would've given Go a legitimate reason to having Pikachu in Alola as opposed to Raichu.

Mew29240

Just watched the subs. This episode had a lot of cute moments, especially with Goh's Pikachu (now Raichu) being so adorable.

TRio playing Claw Machine with the Pikachu was pretty funny, especially with them getting zapped by a Chungachu in the end.

I'm a bit annoyed that Ash didn't have any other Pokemon with him (just like at the Resort Area) to help against TRio, but him actually fighting against that Minccino by himself more than made up for it!

Dragonite got a cameo in the first shots as did Gengar, but was Gengar's VA only there to get a Pecha Berry?

Blazicken

Sex on fire
Never believed the klickbait attempt for a second. I find it a shame they evolved Go's female Pikachu though. I really liked its intereactions with Ash's Pikachu... Wonder how long the writers will have that dynamic last... If at all.

Animac

Holy crap, I actually liked a TR battle. I liked how it was scripted, sobble being hurt in the crossfire was a nice touch. Remembering that the battles are not contained in bubble excluded from the rest of the scenario. I also liked that James attacked Ash now that he didn't have a pokemon, and he dodged like a pro, even taunting Minccino!

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Oh wait, I forgot to mention, Sobble actually didn’t cry when it smacked in the face.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Just watched the subs. This episode had a lot of cute moments, especially with Goh's Pikachu (now Raichu) being so adorable.

TRio playing Claw Machine with the Pikachu was pretty funny, especially with them getting zapped by a Chungachu in the end.

I'm a bit annoyed that Ash didn't have any other Pokemon with him (just like at the Resort Area) to help against TRio, but him actually fighting against that Minccino by himself more than made up for it!

Dragonite got a cameo in the first shots as did Gengar, but was Gengar's VA only there to get a Pecha Berry?
He's also Darmanitan, so I wouldn't be shocked if Gengar was written into that scene because they wrote Darmanitan as well. It'd explain why he's hanging out with everyone.