• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I hate Breloom. |OU|RMT|

Drybones446

That Photography Guy
I really do.

This is my latest team.
It was kinda gimmicky at first, but it actually worked well. So I decided to let the world see it.​

Without further ado, may I present you:​

TEAM "I Hate Breloom"
490.png
134.png
251.png
376.png
380.png
260.png

Not your Usual (Anti)Lead
490.png

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Timid
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
-Flamethrower
-Earth Power
-Dragon Pulse
-Hidden Power Grass​

I decided to make Choice Scarf Heatran an Anti-lead here.
Flamethrower is for STAB. Earth Power hits opposing Heatran leads, as well as dealing more damage to Occa Berry Metagross. Dragon Pulse is mainly filler. Hidden Power Grass OHKOes Swampert. Basically, almost every common lead falls to this Heatran. Metagross, however, can be a slight problem, as he cannot be OHKOed by Earth Power.​

Heatran can also serve a purpose of being a revenge killer later in the game. With Vaporeon's Wish support, he can come in whenever he wants to revenge kill.

Wish for Fish
134.png

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Bold
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SpD
-Wish
-Protect
-Surf
-Hidden Power Electric

Standard Vaporeon.
Wish allows me to heal my team members. Protect can be nice for scouting moves as well as stalling, and to have a pseudo-Softboiled effect when used with Wish. Surf is for STAB. It allows me to counter Infernape pretty well. Hidden Power Electric helps me counter Gyarados.

Water+Fire+Grass makes a great defensive core. Those three resist each other's weaknesses pretty well. And the Grass type of choice would be:

Site Mascot
251.png

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold
EVs: 236 HP / 216 Def / 36 SpA / 20 SpD
-Grass Knot
-Hidden Power Flying
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

I used the Standard Celebi set, and made it a RestTalker one.
Grass Knot is for STAB. Its very reliable, and it hits critical Pokemon for 120 Base Power. Hidden Power Flying kills Bugs not named Forretress / Scizor. It also serves a purpose of killing Breloom, which I really hate, hence the title. Rest is for self-healing. Sleep Talk combines with Rest, but the great thing about it is that it allows me to absorb Breloom's Spore, and hopefully pick Hidden Power if I use Sleep Talk. What's great is, it resists both of its STAB moves.

Iron Leg
376.png

Metagross @ Life Orb
Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk / 60 HP / 196 Spe
-Agility
-Meteor Mash
-ThunderPunch
-Earthquake

AgiliGross is a fairly strong pokemon in this Metagame.
Agility doubles my Speed, and with those EVs, I outspeed Adamant +1 Salamence, although I have to admit its pretty uncommon. Meteor Mash is my STAB move. It also has a chance to raise my Attack, which Metagross needs. Thunderpunch was chosen over Ice Punch to hit Gyarados, and still 2HKO Salamence. Earthquake slams Fire types, and Steel types not named Skarmory / Levitate Bronzong.

Umm....Dragon.
380.png

Latias @ Leftovers
Timid
EVs: 196 HP / 72 SpA / 240 Spe
-Calm Mind
-Dragon Pulse
-Surf
-Recover

Calm Mind Latias is a great Pokemon.
Calm Mind raises my SpA and SpD by one stage, which allows Latias to be a Starmie check, since Ice Beams won't 2HKO. Dragon Pulse is for STAB. Surf is for coverage, as well as hitting Steel types. Recover allows me to get in more Calm Minds.
The EV set was made by calum. 196 HP is for bulk. 240 Speed EVs allows me to outspeed Max Speed Infernape by one point. 72 SpA is leftovers.

idk
260.png

Swampert @ Leftovers
Impish
EVs: 236 HP / 56 Atk / 216 Def
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Stealth Rock
-Roar

lol
I don't really know why I brought Swampert here, but I guess Stealth Rock is needed here.
Eartjquake is for STAB. It also allows me to 2HKO Tyranitar. Stone Edge hits Gyarados. Stealth Rock for obvious reasons. Roar can help with things like Salamence and Gyarados, which would have a hard time switching in again if I Roar them out 2 times.

I don't know why he is here. I really needed someone to Stealth Rock after Heatran killed their lead. Suggestions would be welcome.

RATE ON.

JasonChu

PikaAsh:o
I beat Breloom combo when i was a rookie with Heatran/trickroom combo.

Godzilla

Banned

calum

Banned
Why are you running HP Flying when you can just run Psychic?

Not only does it get STAB but it hits for almost the same damage output.

HP Flying x 2 x 2 = 280

Psychic x 2 x 1.5 = 270

As well as Psychic hitting more things harder like Heracross and co, though that spread is awesomely Scizor bait.

imo ResTalk Tangrowth is the best Breloom counter, provided it runs HP Fire or something. It is also never 3HKOed Gyarados plus being NU gets the cool factor.

Other than that it looks fine.

EDIT: @ Godzilla Whilst we all know that he is either a terrible troll, or a poor player, you posting that does nothing but makes us notice you are post whoring.

I like Pikachu

Actually, that's NOT gimmicky but here's my feedback: Your main flaw here is your Swampert. Because it lacks offensive moves now don't think I'm criticizing you. Roar and Stealth Rock is really not needed here. Instead, try this set:

Swampert Item: Choice Band Nature: Adamant
EV's: 104 HP,204 attack, 100 defense,and 100 speed.
Earthquake
Ice Punch/Avalanche
Waterfall
Stone Edge

And your Celebi REALLY needs Psychic.

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
Actually, that's NOT gimmicky but here's my feedback: Your main flaw here is your Swampert. Because it lacks offensive moves now don't think I'm criticizing you. Roar and Stealth Rock is really not needed here. Instead, try this set:

Earthquake
Ice Punch/Avalanche
Waterfall
Stone Edge

Are you trying to say that SR and Roar are bad moves? If so, you really need to learn more about the competitive world, man.

Ampy

Light The Stars

Earthquake
Ice Punch/Avalanche
Waterfall
Stone Edge

Celebi doesn't need Pyschic... it get's crap coverage

Rezon

Banned
BANNING TIME!!!

poster___boobs052708113237.gif

ENJOY YOU SEREBII BA STARDS. Go suck that **** you enjoy so much

Rezon

Banned
You know what Rezon... just because you are done with Serebii doesn't mean you have to be bashing my rates... I used standard sets. I don't care if you spam but when you bash me or my friends then I get ******

loll ampy your a pussy dont try and be cool. we all know you dont have friends, a life, or anything else for that matter so **** OFF

lollloloolololll

Drybones446

That Photography Guy
Hmm...
Thanks for the rates, guys. (except Rezon, who gets a different thanks for bringing entertainment :>)

Flying and Grass have better coverage than Grass and Psychic, IIRC.

Tangrowth is 2HKOed most of the time with +2 Focus Punch, with a 55% chance of OHKOing. However I might take a look at that, since usually Breloom is running a SubSeed / SubSpore set.

Can anyone give me suggestions on what to replace Swampert for?

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Great team. Consider SR and fire blast for heatran (yes, I know it's scarfed) and HP fire for latias.

Drybones446

That Photography Guy
HP Ice, you mean.

I think Stealth Rock ruins the antilead thing, but I guess having a free slot for another Pokemon is better than that one.

Drybones446

That Photography Guy
Celebi handles Breloom too fine well.

His Sub would be broken in one hit, and will die to Hidden Power Flying. Sleep Talk absorbs Spores.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
Wow Rezon officially became cool.

Seriously guys you should all just quit Pokemon already.

Xhizors

Banned
Seriously guys you should all just quit Pokemon already.

Rezon didn't quit Pokemon. He post at Smogon where all his posts get deleted lol.

**Jirachi**

Your team looks good to me.I think only your Celebi and Swampert needs a little changes.I'll start with Celebi.Since you have HP Flying for countering bugs and Breeloom,I think HP Fire would be a better choice.Not only it hits Heracross and Breloom hard,it also hurts Scizor and Forretress severely,while HP Flying wouldn't do much damage to those two.As for Swampert,I understand you have Stone Edge for countering Skarmory and Zapdos.But I suggest you replace it with an Ice type attack.And since you invested its EVs into Attack,Ice Punch or Avalanche would be a nice choice.Since Swampert is the slow but bulky type,Avalanche fits it even better as it can survive a hit and blast it's opponent with a double powered Avalanche.

Actually, that's NOT gimmicky but here's my feedback: Your main flaw here is your Swampert. Because it lacks offensive moves now don't think I'm criticizing you. Roar and Stealth Rock is really not needed here.

No one can win a battle with only offensive pokémon.You need to have different pokémon focusing on different areas.Yes,an offensive Swampert can be handy sometimes,but countering leads and laying off SR is what it's doing best.It's clever to having a pokémon with entry hazards having Whirlwind or Roar.But you say Stealth Rock and Roar are useless,right.While Roar is useful at scouting the enemy team and making them suffer from entry hazards,Stealth Rock is one of the biggest reason of dropping usage of pokémon like Charizard,Articuno,Yanmega,etc...

elephantdog

ÜberlegenDeLeuteHier
Your team looks good to me.I think only your Celebi and Swampert needs a little changes.I'll start with Celebi.Since you have HP Flying for countering bugs and Breeloom,I think HP Fire would be a better choice.Not only it hits Heracross and Breloom hard,it also hurts Scizor and Forretress severely,while HP Flying wouldn't do much damage to those two.As for Swampert,I understand you have Stone Edge for countering Skarmory and Zapdos.But I suggest you replace it with an Ice type attack.And since you invested its EVs into Attack,Ice Punch or Avalanche would be a nice choice.Since Swampert is the slow but bulky type,Avalanche fits it even better as it can survive a hit and blast it's opponent with a double powered Avalanche.

No one can win a battle with only offensive pokémon.You need to have different pokémon focusing on different areas.Yes,an offensive Swampert can be handy sometimes,but countering leads and laying off SR is what it's doing best.It's clever to having a pokémon with entry hazards having Whirlwind or Roar.But you say Stealth Rock and Roar are useless,right.While Roar is useful at scouting the enemy team and making them suffer from entry hazards,Stealth Rock is one of the biggest reason of dropping usage of pokémon like Charizard,Articuno,Yanmega,etc...

Roar is also useful when you use it on your other Pokemon in double battle when it just used HyperBeam.

calum said:
As well as Psychic hitting more things harder like Heracross

Typo I assume.

I like Pikachu said:
Roar and Stealth Rock is really not needed here

Wut? Pert is the ONLY poke that can utilize stealth rock efficiently on this team. I guess it can work on heatran but you have pert so there's no point.

DB I would consider explosion > dragon pulse, it does NOTHING useful when leading and it can revenge mixmence but I don't see it causing too much trouble to your team.

It's an interesting idea for a team. Not sure if it's worth it though =\.

Last edited: