• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I hate You! Pikachu!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
Um, isn't that what all the other Pokemon are for?

Battles?

I mean, excuse me for saying this, but I still don't understand what all you people are referring to when you say that Pikachu used to have a personality.

The way I see it, ALL of Ash's Pokemon have a very distinct personality. And they all act differently too, and they show off their personality or attitudes in different ways. And this is yet another reason why I like the Pokemon anime so much, aside from Ash being my favorite character and everything. I like all of his Pokemon in general.

The only Pokemon that I tend to like more than the others is Pikachu. But, of course, that's due to the fact that it's my favorite Pokemon.

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
In case you forgotten Pikachu is the trademark character of the whole Pokemon franchise, so I don't think he's going to leave the show at all.

Yeah Pikachu was cooler way back when. He used to have a personality and do funny stuff, and disobey Ash. Now he's kinda like a prop. He's just there, not doing much, except for battles.
Exactly THATS when I liked pikachu,sometimes now I forget he's even there...

Ditto.

Master
It's an anime. Calm down.

Actually I am quite calm. My intentions for this thread is to have an intellectual discussion about the characters of the pokemon anime and provide a representation of how they are doing compared to their former selves.

I understand what you mean Ditto. But things tend to get this way. Your not really bagging on a character because your just comparing him to his *classic* self. Though Pikachu is the same as when it started out. Only now he's tuffer and obediant. What? all of you want his ketchup loving disobediant self again?

O.O ok just wanted to make sure ^^ but still he's cool and he'll be around till the whole franshise ends.

Leon Phelps

Don't Tread on Me
He can still have personality and be obediant. Why shouldn't he be able to have ketuchup? Grovyle was obediant and always put that twig in its mouth.

Has anybody else noticed the lack of personality pikachu has now. In the older shows there was much more to him. He was originally the poster pokemon for the show, and it seems his only purpose now is to follow ash. It is impossible for him to leave so the writers have to work around it and keep the rat going. Pikachu has failed on numerous occasions and doesn't seem to improve with each battle. I mean Iron tail is the only thing people can differentiate this pikachu with the older one. Then what makes me mad is when he beats a legendary but loses to a sneasel. bellsprout, etc. In my honest opinion I don't think Ash can grow as a trainer as long as he has pikachu. He is taking up a slot that could go to a true champion like pidgeot or anything with more power. Pikachu gets maybe 1 knockout when lucky and has pathetic stamina meaning he is done after 2 fights. What do you guys think?

pikachu hates you too

pokeboy sarab

...mmm...hot!
i never really did like pikachu but he definitely was more interesting earlier.
don't you guys think pikachu is too overrated anyway(come on like a REAL pikachu could thunderbolt onix)

pokeboy sarab

...mmm...hot!
how dare you pokemon may be fake but you shouldnt point that out it destroys the feeling and the soul of pokemon and it makes me sad because every day i want pokemon to be real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;212;

I KNOW THIS IS RANDOM BUT BIG FAT CHUBBY GUYS HA HA ;munchlax; ;munchlax; ;munchlax; ;munchlax; ;munchlax;

even i wish pokemon was for real i would be articuno soaring through the air...........the cold air;144;

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
Why shouldn't he be able to have ketuchup?
Most likely because of these reasons:

1. That only happened in one episode way back in the first season (why do people act as if this happened in many episodes? Pikachu was only obsessed with the ketchup bottle in one episode, I don't get why people make such a big deal out of this).

2. The episode, "Showdown In Dark City", was probably written by a different writer anyway, who may or may not be working on the show as of now.

Last edited:

CharizardMaster

Belgian Waffles!!!
Yeah I've noticed this too, pikachu does seem a bit weaker. Pikachu just sits on Ash's head and uses thunderbolt to blast team rocket off...again.

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...
I personally don't have anything against Pikachu, but I do miss him when he more on the spotlight back in the ol Kanto days. Where he did funny events like the treadmill, poking at other Pokemon, and shocks people like Ash more often. Now these days, Pikachu is still there, but more with the battling, and blast off Team Rocket. And obviously, there aren't many Ash/Pikachu episodes that is out there now these days.

But the writers are more intuned about the Pokemon limitations. Pikachu have its good/bad battles. It could beat a legendary, but not some evolved Electabuzz. If anyone noticed, Pikachu battles harder when he under pressure to win. The last battle was like a fun battle, so it wasn't some end of the world thing here.

But anyways, I kinda wish they would make either gave a bit more personality, or fall in love or something. Could be an interesting twist.

Status
Not open for further replies.