1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

I have 4 Pokémon {BSRMT}

Discussion in '5th Gen In-Game RMT' started by [GS], Mar 31, 2012.

1. [GS]

[GS] Staring at my phone

I have 4 Pokémon {BSRMT}

[​IMG]
    Gengar @ Focus Sash/Life Orb
    Timid Nature
    252 SpA/252 Spe/6 HP
    *Levitate*
    - Energy Ball
    - Focus Blast
    - Shadow Ball
    - Sludge Bomb

A bit of a change on the standard set here. Energy Ball gives me a way to ward off Ice Beams from water types and Sludge Bomb takes out grass types that could threaten Rotom. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast are standard. Idc about the accuracy loss, he has HP Bug and I'm lazy. Why no Protect? He usually OHKOs or dies, and LO.*

[​IMG]
    Garchomp @ Yache Berry
    Jolly Nature
    252 Atk/252 Spe/6 HP
    *Sand Veil*
    - Protect
    - Fire Fang
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Claw

Just a regular Chomp. Fire Fang helps against Ferrothorn and Scizor, DC and EQ are STAB and Protect is obvs. Yache Berry can be replaced if need be.*

[​IMG]
    Metagross @ Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    252 Atk/248 HP/4 Spe/4 SpD
    *Clear Body*
    - Protect
    - Earthquake
    - Bullet Punch
    - Meteor Mash

Bulky Metagross. Bullet Punch for revenge killing, Meteor Mash for STAB and possible Atk boosts, EQ for coverage, and once again, Protect is obvs.*

[​IMG]
    Rotom-W @ Sitrus Berry
    Modest Nature
    252 SpA/248 HP/4 SpD/4 Def
    *Levitate*
    - Discharge
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Hydro Pump
    - Charge Beam

I've been using this set with Metagross and it's been pretty cool. It easily fills the role of status platform and sweeper. W-O-W shuts down physical attackers, Discharge comes with a decent chance of paralysis and STAB and Hydro Pump to ward off any fire types. Charge Beam gives you a chance to hit much harder with Discharge's low power and deal some huge damage with HP.*

2. Angeltripper

Angeltripper ♥ Ace ♥

Your team is good, but I suggest a few things:

1. Since Rotom has Will-o-Wisp, maybe put some EVs in SP. Def To make it really bulky.
    2. I see why you have protect on Metagross (Lefties) but not at all why you have it on Garchomp.
    3. Maybe get a calm Rotom for same reasons above? You don't gotta though.
    4. since Gengar is already very Frail and Can easily be 2HKO'd with sash, you should go with life orb, cause as you said it can easily destroy enemies.

3. [GS]

[GS] Staring at my phone

Rotom has a horrid HP stat, so I don't really wanna drop his EVs. He's meant to be more of a bulky switch in on resisted attacks. He's not meant to wall, just boost and annoy.

Protect also keeps Metagorss safe from EQ/Discharge. On Chomp it's to make sure he isn't hit by his teammates spread move.

Rotom hits hard with max SpA and a boost.

Yea, LO is the way to go.

Thanks ^^

4. chap196

chap196 Well-Known Member

Garchomp
    Item Yache Berry/ Choice Band/ Choice Scraf/ Life orb
    Nature Jolly/ Adamant
    Ability Sand Veil
    Dragon Rush/ Dragon Claw
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake
    Crunch/ Fire Fang
    Dragon Rush has more power, but Dragon Claw have more Accuracy
    Earthquake is a powerful ground type move + STAB
    Stone Edge so you can kill ice type Pokemon if you are faster
    Crunch will let you kill Psychic type Pokemon, but Fire Fang will let you kill Steel type Pokemon
    Yache Berry is fine, but I recommend Choice Band, Choice Scraf or Life Orb more.