• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I have a problem connecting my 3DS.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
I have tried so many different ways to connect it. I tried using the number of my router, that didn't work. I tried finding the place where I can type my IP address on my 3DS but couldn't find it. I tried all numbers and names I could possibly get my hands on, I will admit it's not many, but still, the ones I thought would work didn't work.

I really want to have fun battling other Pokémon fans. But I can't since I can't even connect my 3DS, I got it recently. I was never able to connect my original DS, and that didn't bother me much as I could connect my wii to battle on Pokémon Battle Revolution. But it is bothering me now as I have no idea when a game of the style of PBR will be released. And I don't have the Wii-U yet.

So let me ask, what can I do? I tried different things and nothing worked.

Maylu Sakurai

Dawn's ultimate Fan!
you somehow have to be entering the key wrong or the router somehow isnt supported or wireless settings are 2 high for it to be able to connect tell us your router manufacture model and what security setting it is

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Well if it helps it says bewan on back of the device and the company is Vodafone.

Also, I have no idea how I can figure out the security settings on my computer or the DS and post it correctly, I have tried that several times. Google gave me useless information that didn't help me one bit, that's why I made this thread.

So how do I know the correct security code? So far I don't have it. If it helps my computer runs on Windows Vista.

D

Deleted member 11515

Does the router show up when you try to connect to it? You might have to try Advanced Settings. I'm not sure what that looks like on a 3DS but that's what one has to do if the router is locked on a DSi :)

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
You know I think it might help if I typed down the IP address, but here is the problem. I looked everywhere for that option on my 3DS and couldn't find the option to type my IP address. Well, I did find the option but it was gray meaning I can't "edit" the IP address.

And to make matters worse I recently got a message telling me that the 3DS doesn't support the connection, I tried another connection and I was required to post my WEP key, I still have no idea what it is, a Google search doesn't really help much unfortunately.

I really have no idea what to do. I want to battle other trainers since I have fun doing that, but I can't do that if the connection doesn't even work. And by trainers I mean those who also play the games, not NPCs.

Notalwaysbalckanddwhite

Neighbor? Neighbor!
Try seeing if the "auto-obtain IP address" box is checked. Uncheck it. l have the same problem- the Nintendo help page doesn't list my router brand. I'm sorry if you already looked, but here the site is: http://www.nintendo.com/corp/help.
if you look around a bit, there's a place where you can type error codes, and if yours is 52100, you're right it's an error in obtaining the IP address. It has a whole list of many different brands... so see if yours is there. (mine isn't, last i checked. But I reported it. A while ago. So there may be more.) I'm sorry if I just repeated information, but I hope this helped!

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Sorry about bumping this thread but I still need help.

Alright, connection is no longer the problem, I can connect just fine, but I get a message that says that I must accept the terms of service but every single time I click "Read Now" I get a message that says "not available on your region."

I appreciate the help from you guys, but the problem is no longer getting the right codes and stuff, the problem is I can't read the terms or service since I always get a message that says "This service is not available in your region", I searched that term on Google and got nothing. It is strange because I bought the 3DS here in Iceland. Can someone help me with this?

Maylu Sakurai

Dawn's ultimate Fan!
you may need to contact Nintendo to see why is this happening i know seeing that is real odd for a nintendo product

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
I know what the problem is, apparently I can't connect because there is no service available in my country. That's probably what the message "This is not available in your region" means.

And as far as I know there is no solution to this problem. I hope I'm wrong, but according to what I could find through Google searching there is no solution to this problem.

Ah well, I hope I can still have fun in the game offline.

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
I know what the problem is, apparently I can't connect because there is no service available in my country. That's probably what the message "This is not available in your region" means.

And as far as I know there is no solution to this problem. I hope I'm wrong, but according to what I could find through Google searching there is no solution to this problem.

Ah well, I hope I can still have fun in the game offline.

I could be wrong, but...

I believe that iceland is not in any one of Vodafone's primary market areas.

Here is the proof.

Maybe you can try setting up wi-fi to your 3ds via a phone made by a company that has iceland as a primary market rather than trying to do the same with a company that does not do as much business inside your country as it does to other countries?

Last edited: