• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I have a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

123Gotcha

funnyboy04
This is my very first post and I have a huge question. My last game was Emerald, and I was wondering if it is worth to buy a nintendo ds and a game like platinum. So is it worth it?

Eevee7ways

Sonica Boooom!
Firstly, if you can go DSi, the screens look more vibrant.

Secondly, yes you should go into the fourth generation. I would pick up platinum for the extended storyline, and extended pokedex along with the battle frontier. Either Heartgold or Soulsilver is another solid choice, with both of them being remakes of the fantastic second generation.

Also, with black and white coming to DS, buying one now would make sure that you would be able to play them when they are released.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
It might be worth it to wait for the 3DS. It should be released in the US in Spring 2011.

I think you should get the Nintendo DS Lite. It's just under a hundred dollars, so it's easy on the wallet when buying a console. The DSi is another route to go. However, if you plan on getting the 3DS, I would wait before buying.

As for the Pokémon games, I'd get Platinum or HeartGold/SoulSilver. Diamond and Pearl will seem really slow to you after playing through Emerald.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
That's basically enough in the way of answers - cheapest option = ds or ds lite, but if you want the very best wait a few months (if that!) for the 3DS to come out (which can play DS games).

Ask questions in the Help thread next time please. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.