• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I Hit A Hall.....Can You Help Please

OBSESSED WITH PKNM

I'M BACK...MISS ME?
uuuuhhhgggggggg the first time i typed this i clicked on submit new thread at the bottom and it didn't post it so i'm just going to make it short and sweet....i hit a wall with my team, other than the fact that there are no water or grass moves on any of my pokemon which sucks. and i'm also getting ride of crobat and kingler which also sucks.....so i need 2 new pokemon to fill the spot and i'm open to seggestions......or if you can help find out witch pokemon i have on the list below would help out the most.and also my fortress is causing me some trouble. can someone help his move list please.o and so you know what the team looks like i'll put the whole team up...i only need 2 pokemon seggestions i don't wont you to rate the team. the other pokemon are fine. so.....

fortress

earthquake
stealth rock
rapid spin
explosion
(please help fortress)

these are the other pokemon on the team don't rate them

flygon

dragon claw
stone edge
fire blast
u-turn

blissey

softboild
t bolt
ice beam
focus blast

magmortor

psychic
focus blast
flamethrower
t bolt

please don't rate...unless there is a majorflaw

the pokemon that i was thinking of...

Gengar
Mismagius
Dusknoir
Venusaur
Ludicolo
Tangrowth
Togekiss
Cloyster
Starmie
Mantine
Milotic..........

o there are more but i don't wont to waste time. those are the pokemon that i was thinking of, i'm open to seggestions of other pokemonand thats it other than thanks for your help.

o and you can ask me any questions about why i wont that particulare pokemon on the team.

sorry for the spelling i have trouble with reading i'm a little dyslexic..

AphasiaDyslexia

The Iron Fist
First off, I love your flygon. Just throwing that out there.
x]

Your forretress is really fine, unless you wanna switch rock for spikes. I like your set-up, if it isn't broke don't fix it kinda thing. He's just a tank. xD

Ludicolo-
Bold @ Leftovers
Raindance
Surf
Leechseed
Toxic

Or

Milotic
Bold @ Leftovers
Aqua Ring
Surf
Icebeam
Protect

Milotic works as kind of a water tanking hp monster.
Ludicolo, toxic and leech seed wear down the opponent while
gaining hp from leftovers and seed.

Venusaur
Naughty @ Life Orb
Sunny Day
Solar Beam
Synthesis
Sludge Bomb/Earthquake

Sunny Day provides 1 turn solar beams and enhanced HP recovery from Synthesis.
Then Sludge Bomb for Poison STAB or Earthquake for Fire-Types.
Your choice.

Hope some of these recommendations were helpful. :]

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
^
On that Venu set, Modest Nature if choosing Sludge Bomb. If choosing Earthquake, I think Mild or Rash is better, since that set has more Special moves than Physical moves.

IMO Milo is better as

Milotic @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
~Rest
~Sleep Talk
~Surf
~Dragon Pulse

Rest activates Marvel Scale and recovers HP & status, while Sleep Talk allows you to attack while sleeping. Surf is obvious, Dragon Pulse is so you don't get Walled by Water-Types.

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
Fortress@Leftovers
Relaxed (+Def, -Speed)
Trait: Sturdy

Gyro Ball
Earthquake
Explosion
Toxic Spikes/Zap Cannon/Spikes/Stealth Rock

Earthquake>Stone Edge on Flygon.

Calm Mind>Focus Blast on Blissey.

Cross Chop>Focus Blast on Magmortar.

OBSESSED WITH PKNM

I'M BACK...MISS ME?
huh, i just noticed that it says hall at the title.....that cant be right it's supose to say wall right?

ok thanks you for the complements they are very appreasheated, but if i were to put venusaur on the team wouldn't it be better to have him know leech seed and toxic to criple down the opponent to steal hp from it every turn like ludicolo or what?

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
Yes, it is supposed to be, "I hit a wall."

Venusaur@Black Sludge
Bold (+Def, -Atk)
Trait; Overgrow

Leech Seed
Sleep Powder
Energy Ball
Sludge Bomb

OBSESSED WITH PKNM

I'M BACK...MISS ME?
ok, just making sure thanks...

i was just thinking of if i put gengar on the team then i could induse sleep and many othere things, but the leech seed is just so tempting. i have to find the right pokemon i'll use milotic it would look like this..

milotic: lefovers

ice beam
aqua ring
surf
recover

i like venusaur but i don't think that he's right for the team i need someone who can do kind of like venusaur but not him i'm still thinking gengar but not sure.

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
Please just stick with ShinyTrainer's set.

Care to explain what you mean by that last sentence? Are you trying to say that you like the Leech Seed concept, but not Venusaur? If so, most grass types learn Leech Seed and can use Sleep Powder.

OBSESSED WITH PKNM

I'M BACK...MISS ME?
ok i'll do that.....

but yah i don't wont to use venasaur on the team i think it'll be too much trouble for me in different ways. i'm not going to explain that....but i'm trying to find a pokemon thats that can use leech seed or something like leech seed.

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
Other Pokemon that can use SleepSeed include: Jumpluff, Breloom, Roserade, Tangrowth, Carnivine. I think I missed a lot though.

OBSESSED WITH PKNM

I'M BACK...MISS ME?
ok i have been doing some thinking and i think that if i put tangrowth on the team it would sort of help out and below it what it would look like:

tangrowth:?????
?????????

leech seed
sleep powder
block
power whip or earthquake

and i'm still looking up water pokemon from the frist gen.....or whatev

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
Tangrowth@Leftovers
Modest (+Sp. Atk,- Atk)
Trait: Leaf Guard

Stun Spore
Leech Seed
Substitute/Power Whip
Sludge Bomb

Sludge Bomb is to hit grass types that are immune to Leech Seed.

OBSESSED WITH PKNM

I'M BACK...MISS ME?
ok i'll do that with tangrowth......but molotic i don't feel that confortable with it on the teamso i think maybe i should put him on the team so i have a deffence of some sort but i would probly just set up all of the spikes and just us explosion on him to just you know.... it would look like this:

cloyster:??????
???????

ice shard
toxic spikes
substitute or protect
brine or surf

cuse i just don't feel confortable with molotic but i'm still thinking about it what do you think?

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
Cloyster@Leftovers
Relaxed (+Def, -Speed)
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP, 200 Sp. Def, 56 Sp. Atk

Ice Beam
Spikes/HP Grass
Surf
Explosion

Spikes doesn't help you much ingame.

OBSESSED WITH PKNM

I'M BACK...MISS ME?
ok i could get a relaxed closter, but closter has better attack then sp.atk, also he's not as fast so wouldn't ice shard or avalanchebe better to have...

ok, i'm having the hardest time breeding a tangela with modest nature. i'm really tired of breeding because i have a whole box full of them and i'm really tired. is relaxed, sassy, quite, and others that don't help is there anouther one that i could use because i know F*&^%g hate tanglea now.

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
Sassy and Relaxed are both fine.

Unfortunately, it is difficult to take advantage of Cloyster's higher attack stat, as (I believe) Ice Beam does more than Ice Shard from Cloyster.