• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I hope Unova remakes are never made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatzieDPPT

playing Version X
Looking at the BDSP, i hope Unova remakes don't come.
I really hold BW and B2W2 close to my heart, they really fueled my love for Pokémon. It would really suck if they try and do the same thing they did to BDSP to BW, then call it a 'remake' or 'remaster'.

Leonhart

Imagineer
It's inevitable that Gen V remakes will be made eventually since Nintendo and Game Freak are obviously aware that there's a market for them given all the nostalgic Gen V players out there. I just hope that whenever they are made, that they look better than BD/SP do so far.

Saberu

I would like them remade just because it's nearly impossible to get your hands on a legitimate copy. I misplaced/lost all of my gen 5 games years ago and only a few days ago was able to find replacements, completely due to my father's legendary secondhand sale luck. I'm fortunate! They sell for several times their original price now just because of desire and scarcity. It's rough.

But I agree with you. I want remakes as long as they do a better job than they did with BDSP. The spritework in Pokémon had a lot of charm that many of the 3D games don't quite seem to get right. If they do a remake, I want it to look.... better.

You know what I want? A re-release of the original games. Too bad the 3DS era is long past, because that would have been perfect... playing them on the Switch just wouldn't be the same.

FloatzieDPPT

playing Version X
I would like them remade just because it's nearly impossible to get your hands on a legitimate copy. I misplaced/lost all of my gen 5 games years ago and only a few days ago was able to find replacements, completely due to my father's legendary secondhand sale luck. I'm fortunate! They sell for several times their original price now just because of desire and scarcity. It's rough.

But I agree with you. I want remakes as long as they do a better job than they did with BDSP. The spritework in Pokémon had a lot of charm that many of the 3D games don't quite seem to get right. If they do a remake, I want it to look.... better.

You know what I want? A re-release of the original games. Too bad the 3DS era is long past, because that would have been perfect... playing them on the Switch just wouldn't be the same.
I would rather get ports instead of remakes to be honest.

Ultra Beast Lover

We will get remakes but I don't know how they can improve upon the games besides adding in Hilda/Hilbert, there's also the fact that as of right now Gen 5 is the only one with a sequel so they'd have to remake both games or port them over and make a Legends game

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
They ruined the term "remakes" for me after they announced DP "remakes". These remakes is a bad joke

FloatzieDPPT

playing Version X
We will get remakes but I don't know how they can improve upon the games besides adding in Hilda/Hilbert, there's also the fact that as of right now Gen 5 is the only one with a sequel so they'd have to remake both games or port them over and make a Legends game
Or just make B3W3, idk that is the only thing i can come up with, not like i would want it to become an actual game.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
They shouldnt have remakes considering there are sequels too and not adapting them as well would be a waste
What should really happen is BW3
Or Pokemon Legends: Kyurem (Show us the original dragon)
I honestly think BDSP should be the last "traditional remakes" and the end of remakes in general
There should always be games revisiting past regions, but not in a remake format any longer

Ultra Beast Lover

Yeah, remasters are fine but I think we should start going the Legends route. Eventually it'd just get to the point where nothing new is added, just updated graphics and maybe a little more content. Since Legends is a mainline game from here on out I can see us getting a remaster of the original games and a Legend to go along with it. So we could get:

Legends Kyurem

Legends Zygarde

Legends Necrozma

Legends Eternatus

Sakuyamon

As much as I like the originals remakes would be cool especially if they get graphics similar to the Lets Go games. I don't want basic graphics like we're getting in the D/P remakes.

Red and Blue

I'd be fine with a Legends prequel focusing on past Unova. Or any other Legends styled game. It's why I'm hoping Legends Arceus sells really well so they idea can go all out

brightpowder

fairy, fairy, quite contrary
i honestly don't think we'll see straight up remakes of any more games, at least not for a long time. i don't they'd want to only remake just bw, but remaking both them and b2w2 would be a serious investment that i don't think would really pay off for them. i think it's pretty likely that instead from hereon out we'll be getting more varied offerings with different takes on the franchise and its regions and pokémon a la Legends.

it feels bittersweet to say because the end of direct remakes is in and of itself sort of the end of an era within the franchise, but i think it's probably the best plan to keep moving forward. i desperately want to go back to unova (and johto!) but at this point i'd rather see different aspects of them than the stories we've had before

edit: yikes, i misread the year on this one, that's my bad, mea culpa, will pay better attention

Status
Not open for further replies.