• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I-It's not like I'd l-love for you to to rate my team or anything!

KuromiCrimsonArcAlliance

~Magicarp Salesman!~
Haha sorry for the lame tsundere title and all but really I'd appreciate any feedback on my team. *Also, if I have any slashes it's because of suggestions. First slash is my preferred choice at the moment. This is my OU team btw*

567.gif

1) Archeops @ Flying Gem
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 4HP 252 Atk 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Acrobatics
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Protect
Ok this is going to be my physical sweeper. He's usually going to be my lead to counter steel/grass/fire/flying types. Basically it's hit hard and fast from the beginning. He hits otherwise dangerous leads like togekiss with rock slide and has great base speed. I plan to switch him out whenever threats like ferrothorn come out and won't use him when stealth rock has been set up. Acrobatics is boosted by the flying gem at first to pack a OHKO if super effective to most pokemon

534.gif

2) Conkeldurr @ Leftovers/Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 120 HP 252 Atk 136 SpD
Nature: Adamant
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Stone Edge
Conkeldurr with bulk up will be my second physical sweeper/wall hybrid because after 2-3 bulk ups it hits amazingly hard. Also He's useful on ice types like Vanilluxe and has priority with Mach punch. Stone edge is to take down flying types and ghost types. Drain punch kills special walls like blissey/eviolite chansey. It's fairly bulky which means it can take hits to a certain extent and guts helps it power up after status ailments.

635.gif

3) Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP 252 SpA 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- flamethrower
- dark pulse
- dragon pulse
- Surf
Hydreigon is my special sweeper. He gets sent out when Speedy threats like volcanrona are gone. He covers against grass types, at least 2HKO's most dragons in OU and can take down heatran and other fire types. He can take bullet punch from pokemon like metagross and hit back with flamethrower, which will 2HKO a specially defensive metagross.

579.gif

4) Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 172 HP 252 SpA 32 Def 52 SpD
Nature: Quiet
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Protect
My trick room pokemon. This guy will be my setup for conkeldurr and amoonguss by giving them the speed boost by trick room. She also covers most fighting types and OHKO's conkeldurr. Life orb/Twisted Spoon packs more punch into psychic. Shadow Ball helps it fend against ghost types like dusknoir untill trick room fades away, which is when I can switch out to hydreigon/archeops if they're alive.

591.gif

5) Amoonguss @ Black Sludge/Big Root
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP 48 Def 208 SpD
Nature: Calm
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Leech seed
Amoongus is my subseeder. He gets sent out when heavy physical sweepers are brought out and punishes them with substitute/seed combo and putting them to sleep to. I think he's a staller now basically. He's mainly used for inflicting status and goes after trick room is set up by reuniclus. Giga Drain will help it get hp against neutral and super effectives.

596.gif

6) Galvantula @ Life Orb
Ability: Compoundeyes
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power (Ice)
My other special sweeper. He can 2HKO almost any psychics and volt switch helps it scout. I will be using him as a lead when facing rain teams to hit politoed hard from the start. His 108 base speed helps him outspeed alot of waters and helps my team counter vaporeon.

****************************************************************************************************************
EXTRA POKEMON/RESERVE POKEMON
****************************************************************************************************************

In addition to my team I have 2 pokemon in reserves that are trained for wifi as well if they can be substituted in if you guys can find a spot to replace:

91.gif

7) Cloyster @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 48 HP 252 Atk 208 Spe
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Razor Shell
Cloyster is an excellent counter for focus sash users this gen and is generally useful as my physical sweeper. With just one shell smash, it outruns a scarfed landorus and can heavily counter with rock blast. Icicle spear is one of its best attacks and kills most if not all OU dragons I've battled so far. I chose razor shell over hydro pump because jolly nature fits the whole moveset better.

291.gif

8) Ninjask @ Leftovers/Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 176 HP 252 Atk 80 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Substitute/Protect
- X-Scissor
I don't know if my team can use a baton passer but it's true that ninjask is really helpful when I face special walls and my conkeldurr is down. Also, speed boost every turn helps ensure that 9 times out of 10, the ninja bug is going to go first after 2-3 boosts and substitute is put up. Swords Dance will give the attack boost so I can switch in to cloyster/conkeldurr/archeops for a full sweep.

Last edited:

KuromiCrimsonArcAlliance

~Magicarp Salesman!~
Go for Life Orb with Reuniclus (no recoil thanks to Magic Guard) and go with either another Life Orb or Lefties on Galvantula.

I won't put leftovers on galvantula because most pokes would either OHKO him or won't, and unless I put in ninjask I have no idea how that'd work out otherwise. Life Orb would be solid for him though because he's got all special moves.

Mayu808

GIGA DRILL BREAK!!!!
So I just have a few things. Galvantula should use energy ball instead of Hp ice since it still hits grounds super effectively, but also deals with water grounds. Reuniclus is cool, but the problem is if you have trick room and you switch in a fast poke, possibly killing that Pokemon. Just a thought. Last thing, amoongus really works best as a sub seed set with regenerator. Of this does sound good to you, say so and I will give a set if needed, since I don't like putting up sets for no reason.

spuds4ever

I think you could use a wall breaker or a stall-staller in this team. Instead of having 2 physical sweepers and 2 special sweepers I suggest having 1 of each and then having a back up mixed sweeper who can fill both roles nearly as well such as infernape or salamence that pokemon can then also fit in as a wall breaker too. I don't understand why you have speed evs on slow pokemon if you have a trick room pokemon really...

Other than that, interesting team. I like your choice in pokemon.

Throhlurk

Extremespeeder
^ don't. Mix sweepers suck. Exept mixape. But you don't need one. But sub seeded amonguss is the best way to go :)

I +1 for a Mixed Sweeper. You could use Thundurus, Tornadus, Mence, Ape or my personal favourite Azelf. Salamence can bring Intimidate, but is countered by Porygon2. Check which one has the best synergy and use that one.

Xx_BS-TyKi_xX

Se habla español
Haha sorry for the lame tsundere title and all but really I'd appreciate any feedback on my team.

567.gif

Archeops @ Flying Gem
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 4HP 252 Atk 252 Spe
- Acrobatics
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Protect
Ok this is going to be my physical sweeper. He's usually going to be my lead to counter steel/grass/fire/flying types. Basically it's hit hard and fast from the beginning. He hits otherwise dangerous leads like togekiss with rock slide and has great base speed. I plan to switch him out whenever threats like ferrothorn come out and won't use him when stealth rock has been set up. Acrobatics is boosted by the flying gem at first to pack a OHKO if super effective to most pokemon
Good job, Flying Gem+Acrobatics is a great combo ;D

534.gif

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers / Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 120 HP 252 Atk 136 SpD
Nature: Adamant
- Bulk Up / Earthquake
- Drain Punch / Protect
- Mach Punch
- Stone Edge
Conkeldurr with bulk up will be my second physical sweeper/wall hybrid because after 2-3 bulk ups it hits amazingly hard. Also He's useful on ice types like Vanilluxe and has priority with Mach punch. Stone edge is to take down flying types and ghost types. Drain punch kills special walls like blissey/eviolite chansey. It's fairly bulky which means it can take hits to a certain extent and guts helps it power up after status ailments.

Well you have Guts why you no use Flame Orb :I? Look with Guts a Mach Punch could be really annoying but well is just my opinion feel free to use if you want.

635.gif

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
- flamethrower
- dark pulse
- dragon pulse
- Surf
Hydreigon is my special sweeper. He gets sent out when Speedy threats like volcanrona are gone. He covers against grass types, at least 2HKO's most dragons in OU and can take down heatran and other fire types. He can take bullet punch from pokemon like metagross and hit back with flamethrower, which will 2HKO a specially defensive metagross.
Great, I really like Hydreigon keep it as it is ;D

579.gif

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 172 HP 252 SpA 32 Def 52 SpD
Nature: Quiet
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Protect
My trick room pokemon. This guy will be my setup for conkeldurr and amoonguss by giving them the speed boost by trick room. She also covers most fighting types and OHKO's conkeldurr. Life orb/Twisted Spoon packs more punch into psychic. Shadow Ball helps it fend against ghost types like dusknoir untill trick room fades away, which is when I can switch out to hydreigon/archeops if they're alive.
Good, but it works everytime? I don't think so, you have only 3 pokés that get a benefit from Trick Room, it coulb be a disavantage in some cases :I

591.gif

Amoonguss @ Leftovers
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP 48 Def 208 SpD
Nature: Calm
- Hidden Power (Ice)
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Stun Spore
Amoongus is my double status inflictor. He gets sent out when heavy physical sweepers are brought out and punishes them with effect spore and putting them to sleep. He's mainly used for inflicting status and goes after trick room is set up by reuniclus. HP Ice will help finish off dragons who've been worn down by my special sweepers and managed to take them down.
It remebers me to my Parasect x3 they work the same, a very good pokémon even if is not on a high tier

596.gif

Galvantula @ Life Orb
Ability: Compoundeyes
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power (Ice)
My other special sweeper. He can 2HKO almost any psychics and volt switch helps it scout. I will be using him as a lead when facing rain teams to hit politoed hard from the start. His 108 base speed helps him outspeed alot of waters and helps my team counter vaporeon.

Also in addition to my team I have 2 pokemon in reserves that are trained for wifi as well if they can be substituted in if you guys can find a spot to replace:
91.gif

Cloyster @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 48 HP 252 Atk 208 Spe
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Razor Shell
Cloyster is an excellent counter for focus sash users this gen and is generally useful as my physical sweeper. With just one shell smash, it outruns a scarfed landorus and can heavily counter with rock blast. Icicle spear is one of its best attacks and kills most if not all OU dragons I've battled so far. I chose razor shell over hydro pump because jolly nature fits the whole moveset better.

291.gif

Ninjask @ Leftovers / Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 176 HP 252 Atk 80 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Substitute / Protect
- X-Scissor
I don't know if my team can use a baton passer but it's true that ninjask is really helpful when I face special walls and my conkeldurr is down. Also, speed boost every turn helps ensure that 9 times out of 10, the ninja bug is going to go first after 2-3 boosts and substitute is put up. Swords Dance will give the attack boost so I can switch in to cloyster/conkeldurr/archeops for a full sweep.
I like Ninjask, why you don't try to use a Sash+Protect? Is awesome just give them a chance n_n

Wao! I like your team, is strong and I don't see I can help you a lot, also if I'm honest I play with the item clause so I never use the same item on two pokés just try to use different items

Mayu808

GIGA DRILL BREAK!!!!
I never likes electro ball, I just use compound eyes and thunder, but a t-wave and electro ball could work.

KuromiCrimsonArcAlliance

~Magicarp Salesman!~
Last thing, amoongus really works best as a sub seed set with regenerator. Of this does sound good to you, say so and I will give a set if needed, since I don't like putting up sets for no reason.

Subseed set for amoonguss plox =D

I +1 for a Mixed Sweeper. You could use Thundurus, Tornadus, Mence, Ape or my personal favourite Azelf. Salamence can bring Intimidate, but is countered by Porygon2. Check which one has the best synergy and use that one.

I think a tailwind tornadus would be a good candidate if I want a mixed sweeper on my team. Would this set by smogon be good? I'm stuck between the tailwind set and the rain dance/tailwind mixed set.

Salamence would like to have a word with you ;).

And I find this team very offensive, mabye add a defensive pokemon to get a balance between offeence and defence?

Oh and you have 8 pokemon.

the other 2 I added at the end were extras in case you guys had any ideas where I could put them if they make the team better (by replacing one of my main team's pokemon.) What kind of defensive pokemon? A bulky water like jellicent? Blissey? Ferrothorn?

Wao! I like your team, is strong and I don't see I can help you a lot, also if I'm honest I play with the item clause so I never use the same item on two pokés just try to use different items

Ok so if someone had the item clause what items would you recommend? Also, if I wanted ninjask, who should I replace?

I think you could use a wall breaker or a stall-staller in this team. Instead of having 2 physical sweepers and 2 special sweepers I suggest having 1 of each and then having a back up mixed sweeper who can fill both roles nearly as well such as infernape or salamence that pokemon can then also fit in as a wall breaker too. I don't understand why you have speed evs on slow pokemon if you have a trick room pokemon really...

Other than that, interesting team. I like your choice in pokemon.

Ok so if I wanted to test salamance which poke should I take down. Also, the poke who said wallbreaker would replace. As for the speed ev's, hydreigon's base 98 speed, archeops is base 110, galvantula is base 108, ninjask is base 160 one of the fastest pokemon ever (with speed boost it takes this to advantage), and shell smash cloyster gives the speed it needs to sweep outside trick room (although it is only 70 base speed I'm torn on how to get this guy in without clashing with reuniclus).

I suggest a status move on Galvantula, such as Toxic or Thunder Wave.
Interesting, but what move should I take out? I really want to keep volt switch (for scouting), thunder (awesome facing rain teams 100% accuracy), and bug buzz (only bug STAB on my team).

Last edited:

Mayu808

GIGA DRILL BREAK!!!!
Okay then :D
Amoongus@black sludge
Nature:calm
Ev's: 252 Hp, 48 defense, 208 special defense
-spore
-leech seed
-substitute
-giga drain/Hp ice.
This is the most annoying set I can think of :D it's pretty self explanatory, the only important thing is the last move, which is wether you want more healing or a little coverage against dragons. Oh, and the ability is regenerator :D

KuromiCrimsonArcAlliance

~Magicarp Salesman!~
Okay then :D
Amoongus@black sludge
Nature:calm
Ev's: 252 Hp, 48 defense, 208 special defense
-spore
-leech seed
-substitute
-giga drain/Hp ice.
This is the most annoying set I can think of :D it's pretty self explanatory, the only important thing is the last move, which is wether you want more healing or a little coverage against dragons. Oh, and the ability is regenerator :D

WOW that really does look annoying haha. Going to breed me another amoonguss for this one because it looks so solid lol. Btw do you think Big root is a good slash for amoonguss because it gives 30% extra hp with giga drain?

Last edited:

Mayu808

GIGA DRILL BREAK!!!!
Well technically the big root is only for the leech seed. If it was for giga drain a life orb would actually work better because you'll be doing 30% more damage, thus healing 30% more. This set though likes the black sludge but you could play around with it and try the big root.