• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I just caught an Entei... underwater!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ijea4444

I think the OP thinks that dive balls work exclusively on dive pokemon. Dive balls work on any pokemon in a poke ball catch rate level, but work BEST on dive pokemon. Being able to be caught in Dive Balls doesn't necessarily mean it is dive capable.

Hey now, I understand. He probably found him while surfing, tripped him, sent Entei into the water (lowering it's HP even more), and used a dive ball. Completely possible!

In all seriousness though, I understand. Gratz!

The capture rate of the dive ball just increases by 2.5 when used underwater, or while surfing/fishing. That's probably why this guy used a dive ball.

But really, nobody here cares. Are people interested where, and in which ball I captured my newest Arceus Oddish? No. Making topics about your newest captured Pokemon= fail. Unless you can find a male Blissey without hacking, of course.

Dix

Im pretty sure the guy was just meaning while surfing...

so yeah.... awesome

Yes, that's what I meant, surfing not actually underwater. Sorry I forgot about the whole Dive thing.

As for why I made the thread... I don't know, I thought it was wierd?

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
So the legendary beasts can walk on water?

Apparently.... I know Suicune can do it, but that only makes sense since Suicune is the legendary water beast. Entei just seems odd to me. The last time I checked, fire and water isn't the best combination around. Entei walking on water is like Heatran making a snowman in front of the Snowpoint Temple.

And Raikou.....Well, maybe. But it isn't really smart to be in the water when Raikou does its Thunderbolt. Poor swimmers at route 40....

Last edited:

Dark Eevee

Apparently.... I know Suicune can do it, but that only makes sense since Suicune is the legendary water beast. Entei just seems odd to me. The last time I checked, fire and water isn't the best combination around. Entei walking on water is like Heatran making a snowman in front of the Snowpoint Temple.

And Raikou.....Well, maybe. But it isn't really smart to be in the water when Raikou does its Thunderbolt. Poor swimmers at route 40....

Just being in the water at the same time as Raikou seems like a bad idea.

The OP put a thought in my head - Entei and Cinnabar Island don't mix. >.<

Also, anyone up for fried Swimmer? It's quite the delicacy.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acI12jO0HSQ

Dark Eevee

A Pokémon that races across the land. It is said that one is born every time a new volcano appears.

Volcanoes erupt when it barks. Unable to restrain its extreme power, it races headlong around the land.

And then Entei will take over the world. After eating all the grilled Swimmers.

MrAwesome

<Insert brain here>
Is there a dive ball in HG/SS?

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Is there a dive ball in HG/SS?

Well, you can get one from the Pokewalker I believe.

And btw everybody, the Dive Ball in 4th Gen games just has a high capture rate if you use it while fishing or surfing.

hoofandsnort

Rare Collecter
LOLZ
It would be awesome to catch Entei surfing.
I see the water bubbling and steaming around him 8D
It'd be beast~
Otherwise...Entei isn't stupid enough to go underwater unless you place him there >:p

Dark Eevee

LOLZ
It would be awesome to catch Entei surfing.
I see the water bubbling and steaming around him 8D
It'd be beast~
Otherwise...Entei isn't stupid enough to go underwater unless you place him there >:p

Like if you just happened to transfer it from Colosseum and just happened to dive underwater with it?

(I've actually done that, but with Raikou not Entei)

Uberlol~

I think that all those fisherman, standing along the route, will be pretty surprised. However........Nah, a fried swimmer is about the same as a Magikarp. I don't think they'll even notice.

And we all know that EvilBliss is going to take over the world in Gen V :)

ha EVILBLISS...forgot about that

Dattebayo

Banned
This happened to me once when I encountered Raikou while surfing. I was like "o_O" when it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.