• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I like it

Dr_When

My first attempt at a competitive team builds. I am grateful for all useful advice

;472;Gliscor
Ability: Poison Heal
Item: Toxic Orb
Nature: Jolly
EV’s: 4 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Moves:
-Fling
-Protect
-Acrobatics
-Earthquake

This may not be your orthodox gliscor but he still gets the job done. Besides having the unpredictability of other gliscors this one packs two base 100 stabs while still keeping the survivability of toxic heal, protect, and natural bulk. It also has the ability to toxic one pokemon by surprise.

;454;Toxicroak
Ability: Dry Skin
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Brave
EV’s: 4 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 252 SpA
Moves:
-Vacuum Wave
-Sucker Punch
-Fake Out
-Pursuit

Meet my gliscors best friend. When that jerk Rotom-W starts running his…laundry and shooting hydro pump off this guy will be all like, thanks for the heath bro. Not to mention that gliscor covers toxicroak major ground weakness. I went with a mixed attack set on my toxicroak and forgave speed for a priority stab fighting move that helps deal with faster threats. The biggest question I had when making this set was weather to go with a quiet nature or not to cover his weaker attack set. This versatility also makes him into a great revenge killer. I was also thinking of replacing

;186;Politoed
Ability: Drizzle
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EV’s: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Moves:
-Scald
-Perish Song
-Protect
-Toxic

One good frog deserves another. With a toxicroak on the team it is pretty much a must to have a bit of rain to go with it. It was a hard choice weather or not to add politoad to the team with gliscor, as adding extra water damage does not bode well for the bat, I came to the conclusion it would be fine as long as I had one Pokémon with an immunity to water and other that resist it. Politoad also acts as a psudo phaser withperish song and protect.

;385;Jirachi
Ability: Serene Grace
Item: Expert Belt
Nature: Naive
EV’s: 152 Atk / 204 SpA / 152 Spe
Moves:
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Thunder
If I’m going to play in the rain, I’m going to play with my favorite pokemon. And boy does Jarachi love to play in the rain. Not only does he lose one of his two weaknesses, the other one being easily covered for, he also gets a 100% accurate thunder when building a mixed set.

:598:Ferrothorn
Ability: Iron Barbs
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
EV’s: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Moves:
-Spikes
-Stealth Rock
-Protect
- Power Whip

Not much to say, I needed something that could set up entry hazards. It is also good to note that it takes advantage of the rain

;091;Cloyster
Ability: Skill Link
Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly
EV’s: 252 Atk / 4 Hp / 252 Spe
Moves:
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Razor Shell
Works as an amazing late game sweeper after I spin away hazards and kill their attackers.

Last edited:

mparr65

I would try another toxicroak set:

Toxicroak
Ability: Dry Skin
Item: Lleftovers
Nature: Adamant
EV’s: 244 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 12 Def
Moves:
-Bulk Up
-Sucker Punch
-Substitute
-Drain Punch

Crazy heals with Dry Skin, Leftovers, and Drain Punch keep this guy alive plenty long enough to get off a few Bulk Ups. Substitute to prevent status that would greatly hinder this toad. Sucker Punch so you can keep priority. After a few boosts he hits really hard and can also take lots of physical hits.

Just a thought, otherwise the team looks pretty good so far.

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
I recommend a Focus Sash on Cloyster, so that it can set up on special attackers too. Focus Sash users from the opponent don't need to be broken, due to Skill Link and multi hit moves. Finally, I suggest Surf > Razor Shell and a Naive nature, to hit strong physical walls such as Regirock hard.

Dr_When

I prefer white herb as it allows cloyster to keep its bulk after shell smash. I think this is more important to keep alive after priority attacks

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
Yeah, I run Shell Smash Cloyster myself (I use Ice Shard instead of Surf, but the team it's on isn't meant to be competitive, I made it just for fun.) From a competitive standpoint though, you're better off with the Focus Sash. I got a nice Lucario just waiting to smash an Aura Sphere in your Cloyster's face. Or perhaps good ol' Reuniclus and Focus Miss. Or any Electric-type with a half-decent Special move. Or any Grass-type with a hal.... you get the point. Focus Sash guarantees the setup at least. Priority isn't much of a problem for me, partly 'cause I lead my Cloyster and most people, for some reason, decide to set up rocks while I Shell Smash. Cloyster also doesn't really need its Defense for anything bar Priority users. Anything else will probably die before getting a hit in.

Dr_When

I've been testing out focus sash online and it works really well as long as your smart about it. It really needs team support to use sash at rocks, sand, and spikes makes it cry. I have seen that my cloyster is working better as a late game sweeper after I spin away hazards and bait out priority.