• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I love haxorus

x123456789x

Haxorus Lover
I really love haxorus,so i want to build a team with it as the core.so here is the process.

It is weak to ice and dragon,so i need a pokemon that resist both
:612:

I found bronzong,it resist ice and dragon,can set dual screen,levitate and have decent defensive stats,so i try it
:612: ;437;

Bronzong is weak to fire,haxorus resist it,but it is a sweeper,so it cannot take hits very well,so i thought of a flash fire user and i found heatran
:612: ;437; ;485;

I have got heatran's ground weakness covered,now i need to cover its water,and fighting,and i found latias,i chose latias because she is bulkier
:612: ;437; ;485; ;380;

I think i have covered all of their weakness so now i checked my team and saw that i only have 1 physical attacker,so now i thought of a physical attacker that work well on this team,and i try scizor
:612: ;437; ;485; ;380; ;212;

And i think that it wouldn't hurt to get a jellicent because it is IMMUNE(not resist)fighting that heatran is weak to,AND it have water absorb.So this is a pokemon that goes well with heatran.
:612: ;437; ;485; ;380; ;212; :593:

Here is the team summary

Haxorus @lum berry
Jolly natured
36 hp/252 atk/220 speed
Mold breaker
Dragon dance
Swords dance
Outrage
Earthquake

I use dual dance,because in the OU metagame,haxorus isn't the fastest so it sometimes need to have a speed boost,outrage is it's main STAB move,earthquake is for the steel types that resist outrage

Bronzong @light clay
Relaxed natured
252 hp/152 atk/8 def/96 sp def
Levitate
Reflect
Light screen
Gyro ball
Earthquake

This bronzong is my dual screener,as you know that haxorus is really frail so it really appreciates the dual screen support,the investment in attack is for gyro ball and earthquake,gyro ball is its most powerful STAB attack,because bronzong is really slow,earthquake for obvious fire type switch-ins

Heatran @air balloon
Modest natured
252 sp atk/4 sp def/252 speed
Flash fire
Fire blast
Stealth rock
Earth power
Hidden power ice

A usual air balloon heatran,its already huge sp atk will also get a 50% boost from flash fire,fire blast is a really powerful STAB move,allowing to kill almost all pokemon that dont resist it,i think it does not have a problem setting up a stealth rock,earth power to deal with other heatran,HP ice for ground pokemon/dragon that think they can set up on it.

Latias @Choice specs
Timid natured
4 hp/252 sp atk/252 speed
Levitate
Draco meteor
Dragon pulse
Hidden power fire
Trick

Even without sp def investment,she has 130 base sp def stat which is enough to take on a few attacks.while her draco meteor doesn't hit as hard as latios's,it still will hurt,dragon pulse is if she needed to stay on the field for a long time,HP fire is for the steel types that resist her other attack.trick is for back up if there is a sp tanker that can take on latias's attack so that they cannot use recovery moves.i'm looking at you chansey and blissey...

Scizor @choice band
Adamant natured
248 hp/252 atk/8 sp def
Technician
U-turn
Bullet punch
Superpower
Bug bite

U-turn deals a huge amount of damage and gain momentum,bullet punch is its STAB and priority move,superpower for heatran,magnezone,ferrothorn and such.bug bite is a STAB move and gets a bonus from technician

Jellicent @leftovers
Bold natured
248 hp/216 def/44 speed
Scald
Will-o-wisp
Recover
Taunt

I think this set is self-explanatory(or whatever it is typed hahaha).while scald have a lesser base damage than surf,it has a 30% chance to burn the opponent which will REALLY help my team,will-o-wisp is for pokemon that resist scald,so just use will-o-wisp to half their atk.taunt is for pokemon that can use recovery moves such as blissey,chansey,slowbro,vaporeon and much more.

So let me know what you guys think,please rate it and give suggestions,please use constructive comments/suggestions.thanks

Last edited:

RDSchley

The Anti-Hero
You showed this team on Smogon. Make an effort to explain why you picked certain pokemon instead of just copy-pasting a team to every pokemon website you found with google search. Thank you.

x123456789x

Haxorus Lover
You showed this team on Smogon. Make an effort to explain why you picked certain pokemon instead of just copy-pasting a team to every pokemon website you found with google search. Thank you.

Sorry,i just feel desperate that i dont get any reply...T_T

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
as a fellow Haxorus fan, I can tell you that it's impossible to beat a Skarmory (with full Hp). You also can't hit Ferrothorn too hard. Maybe use Brick Break > SD. Haxorus also appreciates Dual Screen support, as it's pretty frail. If you use a Jolly nature, you can put less EV's into Spe and a bit into Hp, so you might survive a priority move (behind screens). Maybe put Dual Screens on Bronzong, and change SR to Heatran, so Bronzong can keep EQ.

good luck with the team :D

x123456789x

Haxorus Lover
as a fellow Haxorus fan, I can tell you that it's impossible to beat a Skarmory (with full Hp). You also can't hit Ferrothorn too hard. Maybe use Brick Break > SD. Haxorus also appreciates Dual Screen support, as it's pretty frail. If you use a Jolly nature, you can put less EV's into Spe and a bit into Hp, so you might survive a priority move (behind screens). Maybe put Dual Screens on Bronzong, and change SR to Heatran, so Bronzong can keep EQ.

good luck with the team :D

I prefer to keep SD,because it gives amazing +2 stage at attack,maybe drop EQ and give it brick break?i think EQ have more base power.but about the jolly nature,i think i will change it to jolly nature thanks.ok,i will give bronzong dual screens,and give stealth rock to heatran,thanks.i will update my post later

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
If you keep SD and DD, dont change EQ to brick break. It's only useful against Ferrothorn and BalloonTran

Sietse23

*Brainfarts*
Your Haxorus doesn't need to be a dual dancer, it's attack is high enough... Change SD to something like Brick Break.
Your Jelli doesn't need that much speed Evs, you should add some defense... Also as a Wall you don't use a gem, get leftovers, change surf to scald and possibly change WoW to Toxic.
And as last, your Heatran has a LO, but only has 1 attacking move, you could make it an offensive BallonTran, with FB, EP, SR and HP Ice. Now your Heatran can't do anything against another heatran.

Klaus™

Banned
no team absolutely needs dual screens, so you could try air balloon magnezone over bronzong. able to trap and kill all steels, except heatran. it'd help out haxorus a lot. and i find pursuit on scizor not as effective. if you know they'll switch, use u-turn to get a good match-up. maybe roost over pursuit, or bug bite? idk, but with sr up, psychics can't switch in as much.

Sietse23

*Brainfarts*
no team absolutely needs dual screens, so you could try air balloon magnezone over bronzong. able to trap and kill all steels, except heatran. it'd help out haxorus a lot. and i find pursuit on scizor not as effective. if you know they'll switch, use u-turn to get a good match-up. maybe roost over pursuit, or bug bite? idk, but with sr up, psychics can't switch in as much.

How do you mean? Alakazam, Reunicles, Metagross, Jirachi and Bronzong can switch in perfectly fine with SR up. Magnezone isn't the best option IMO as it will only be able to deal with slow steels which are not a big threat to your team.

x123456789x

Haxorus Lover
Your Haxorus doesn't need to be a dual dancer, it's attack is high enough... Change SD to something like Brick Break.
Your Jelli doesn't need that much speed Evs, you should add some defense... Also as a Wall you don't use a gem, get leftovers, change surf to scald and possibly change WoW to Toxic.
And as last, your Heatran has a LO, but only has 1 attacking move, you could make it an offensive BallonTran, with FB, EP, SR and HP Ice. Now your Heatran can't do anything against another heatran.

Thanks for your suggestion,but i have a question,if my haxorus have mold breaker and i use EQ to a balloon pokemon,will it hit the balloon pokemon?how much speed EV do you recommend?ok,i will use leftovers,i prefer surf because of its higher base power,if i need to burn a pokemon,i can use WoW(i haven't tested or even make this team yet so maybe im wrong,when i test this team and my strategy doesn't work,i will try yours.ok i will make an offensive heatran.can you tell me a good EV spread for it?and also the nature.thanks again

x123456789x

Haxorus Lover

I think i will try using air balloon magnezone,but i dont know how it will help my haxorus if opponent's steel pokemon died?please explain it to me.yeah,i like the idea of using u-turn to get a good matchup,but i dont think roost on a choice band set is good,i think its bad...i think i will replace it with bug bite